rebuild Air GS .75ohm coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian17

Feb 16, 2016
Hey all, great board. Just signed up tonight!

Very first try at rebuilding anything so I tried it on a GS Air .75 ohm atomizer. So, let me get this out there first... I dont have an OHM meter at the moment, so I rolled the dice. Nothing bad happened just FYI.

So before I tried I watched a couple Youtube vids on rebuilding the Air. However they must have had an older? style atomizer. Not the same setup exactly as what I have for my istick basic. Anyways. I did 8 wraps of Kanthal 28G, around a 5/64 drill bit. I wrapped them decently tight and they werent touching. I used 100% Cotton gauze as the wicking. I put a few drops on the wick and a little in my tank. To my surprise, my Basic accepted it, and fired up. No vape was produced but there was gurgling. But that was alright, I was just glad it didnt do something harmful to me as I had a big fear about half a second after I fired it up, that my face would melt off. Not sure if I am going to try this again on the GS air, at least not until I get an Ohm meter again, but I am curious as to what you think caused the lack of vape? I know, I did a lot of things wrong I bet, but I wanted to ask the pros here.

The reason I got all ahead of myself and tried it without a meter is because I am getting anxious for my Istick30 Kanger Mini to come in this week. I am excited to start recoiling it!

So, besides being a dumbass, which do you assume caused the no-vape? Wire Guage, guaze (have J.O.Cotton otw), the number of wraps, or all of the above? THanks in advance, and you can make fun of me for this, I'm cool with it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread