Rebuildable atomiser for bottom feeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Thanks for the info, but it seems stock is hard to come by on those models :(

I have read that the Phoenix RA can be used with a bottomfeeder mod if you replace the centre post with an unsealed post.
Phoenix Rebuildable Atomizer Review | Guide To Vaping

Any idea if it would be a simple process? I've got many old atty's I could pull apart to get the post from lol

Probably not worth the trouble and will have to wait for more stock or models to come out :\

bjannr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have a Chalice in use now, and am waiting on an ERA and and an A7 from co ops. My Chalice is great. But you have to keep in mind, if a rebuildable isn't vaping very good most likely it is your coil/wick and not the device itself. My last coil on my Chalice is the best I've done yet, and it is blowing me away.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
The funnest part of getting a rebuildable, is the whole new world of making your RBA vape at its best. Seriously...Wicks of silica in different sizes, cotton of different types in different sizes, SS Mesh in different sizes... Coils of Nichrome in different sizes, Kanthal in different sizes... Etc, etc...

My Mark-T and Chalice are still rocking the same wick they have had for WEEKS, and they both taste as good as the day I wrapped them. 400 SS Mesh wick, 33ga Kanthal with 5 wraps at 2.5ohms. The Chalice actually has the wick ran vertically. Others may prefer something else, but this is my perfect setup.

Last edited:

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
I can't wait! Everyone on the forums at nzbmatrix are talking about rebuildables and i was starting to feel left out, hahah. Its funny as all the people there prefer the vapour/Flavor of Direct Dripping, but say its too much hassle and refuse to try bottomfeeders lol

Anyways, can anyone tell me the difference between Chalice 1 & Chalice 2?
They look the same to me. And also, what is the RRP on one of these atomizers? I think I saw another shop selling them for Ł99.95 or something. For the price it better be good and last forever lol

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I can't wait! Everyone on the forums at nzbmatrix are talking about rebuildables and i was starting to feel left out, hahah. Its funny as all the people there prefer the vapour/Flavor of Direct Dripping, but say its too much hassle and refuse to try bottomfeeders lol

They look the same to me. And also, what is the RRP on one of these atomizers? I think I saw another shop selling them for Ł99.95 or something. For the price it better be good and last forever lol

The Chalice was worked on for MONTHS before we got a release. As far as the difference between Chalice 1 and Chalice 2, look at the top caps. That's the only difference.

Xaria

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Back in the Holler-VA

Not sure of the conversion but my chalice was 150.00 in US dollars, and it included the shipping from Romania. Will it last forever? Possibly. It is SS and not plated. I really think there will be many other types of bottom fed attys on the market soon. As others stated, it is a wonderful experience. Lazy dripping. Downside? They are juice hogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
There is a thread on here for mark bugs when I asked when they were gonna be back in stock I think they said mid november

Of course I'm a right wing nut job
.....I believe in personal responsibility, NOT government responsibility...:)

Et Tu Brute?

I am an Independent nut job, voting for whatever suits-me! :evil:

As for the ERA RBA for the Bottom Feeders I'm sorry to say there will bound to be some knock-offs that some vendors will be more than proud to sell you. Just keep your eye-balls peeled!

I'm all for affordable products and if it weren't for China supplying affordable products to us then I don't think we would be spending as little as we are. But I would like some more originality from across the Pacific. The one issue we're running into now is that form follows function. So once a good design is laid out and it WORKS then copies are abound. It's just when I see something that is an EXACT copy of a device that cost $150 in the States and the rest of the First World then I Get irritated. Where do we draw 'THE LINE' on knock-offs?

Even the Official JoyeTech website list Janty Europe as having Knock-Offs of their Products and they are a fairly Reputable Company!

Last edited:

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
I have a lot of different items for vaping and I will say outside of my smoktec attys I really don't think I have anything made in china. I am pretty anti commie so I don't support places that do like Walmart. Quality cost money and I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for that's why Walmart and places that sell Chinese junk items don't last and they are just cheap as hell. I paid the 140 for the DiD from greece and the Reo and why I have a provari and not a lava tube. If its Chinese or waiting for a real chalice I will wait and proudly pay the cash for it.

It's like the Chinese DiDs, look at the kurnling on the edges it faces right a real one faces left.....details that I notice

..........:)..........

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I saw a Proto Type BF-RBA last night that is interesting. US built, Should be cost affective to buy and by the info I was given the builder will have plenty in stock when there ready.

Its in the testing faze right now when I am allow to release more Info I will if any one is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread