Rebuildable atomiser for bottom feeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Just a note. I just got my a7 last week and it was vaping terribly and tasted horrible lol.
Make sure you buy extra coils/wicks to rebuild it as included coils are apparently crap, and also make sure you boil the atomizer as its full of machine oil.

Gonna buy some 32g kanthal for my one. Where do you guys get cotton wicks from?
Would 32g and cotton work well with 100% VG juice?

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Just a note. I just got my a7 last week and it was vaping terribly and tasted horrible lol.
Make sure you buy extra coils/wicks to rebuild it as included coils are apparently crap, and also make sure you boil the atomizer as its full of machine oil.

Gonna buy some 32g kanthal for my one. Where do you guys get cotton wicks from?
Would 32g and cotton work well with 100% VG juice?
You can buy cheesecloth cut wicks from that, but make sure you boil it first. You can also use 100% cotton sterile gauze but i'm not sure if that is treated in any way. I just know a lot of people use it, and i've used it in my Bully as well. Cheesecloth is probably the better option and boiling it really isn't a big deal because even boiling a piece the size of your hand is enough to make a crapload of wicks. You only need a very LITTLE amount.

JTman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
SE Michigan
I ordered my A7 yesterday! I bought a couple of premade coils with it as well so I can have them on hand while I try and figure out what type of wire and wick to get. Does anyone have any good resources to find info on stuff like that?

Edit: Just discovered there is a rebuildable sub-forum!

Last edited:

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Rob has a bottom feeding atomizer on reosmods.com there modified Chinese ones. Everyone says they work great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

They sure do. I'm a relative noob as far as making coils goes. Please don't burn me as a heretic, but even with my pitiful coil making skills, I like the taste and vapor better than my HH357. Of course, the 357 will last longer with the same coil, but it takes me 10 minutes to recoil the reomizer.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
I have a Chalice in use now, and am waiting on an ERA and and an A7 from co ops. My Chalice is great. But you have to keep in mind, if a rebuildable isn't vaping very good most likely it is your coil/wick and not the device itself. My last coil on my Chalice is the best I've done yet, and it is blowing me away.

What MODs are you running your chalice on? I will soon be receiving one and don't have a BF MOD for it yet. I hear REO and Vmod, are ther many others that are worth having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread