Rebuildables.. clone or not to clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

i just baought a kayfun clone i think lol made by tobeco?

its a huge tank rebuildable with no windows...

for now my only problem is i don't see oh much juice i have left... but i really liked building my own coil!

what brand of clone should i be skeptical of?

or better yet .. who makes the best clones?

thank you

anyways heres is my first build folowing rip tripper video :p 1.5ohm ... using it on evic and itaste svd..

2014-09-05 15.25.19 HDR.jpg 2014-09-05 15.25.30 HDR.jpg

For your Kayfun, Smokecignals (smokecignals.com) has a variety of different "PolyCarb" tanks for you to use instead of Stainless Sleeves that come with it.

To answer your question, clones are either hit or miss. Sometimes they work extremely well, but in the same batch you can end up with 3 that are just completely unusable. There is no "this clone is better", to my knowledge. I would prefer Hcigar for my mod clones and then Tobeco for my RDA/RBA clones. Just my personal opinion.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
From my personal experience the order of quality goes Cigreen -> SXK/Infinite -> Hcigar -> EH Pro -> avoid anything else.

And there is a big difference between clones and authentics, enough so that I'm more than happy to buy an authentic. I used to be all clone all the time because 'a mech mod is just a battery holder!' and 'the clone RDAs are just as good as the authentics!' but then I started using authentics...and it was night and day difference (in most cases).

Now, some manufacturers don't have the same tolerances or quality control as others. Vapour Art, for example, has superb quality that a clone can't even tough. My GP PAPS X will outlast me, no question about that. It took me four clones (two failing in one way or another, and two just not feeling good in my hand compared to the two that failed) to settle on buying a legit mod. And I wish I had done it sooner. I would have saved ~$200 on clones had that been the case.

The Build

Sep 5, 2014
San Diego
First off let me say RIP TRIPPERS!! If you're watching him you're always better off-he is an awesome reviewer and when I started building he was the first build I tried...and failed but that's another story. Clones can be a great way to try something-I thought I would love the Russian 91 so I set out to get one-then ran across a clone for cheap, picked it up and realized the airflow was too tight for me so I think of a good clone as a tester so that I know whether it is worth the money to buy the OG. Tobeco is a great Atty clone company however for tanks I go with Ephro, Infinite and HCigar (Mods as well_). I have built on over 30 Tobecco's and their Atty's are always fairly good and with the occasional oversized o ring that you can't put the cap over and so on-they are the only well priced company I have seen that gold plated all three Cartel Stillare posts so that shows some dedication

Nice ,

So anybody know where i can get clear middle windows for this tobeco clone? cause ... well i can't tell how much liquid i have left in there lol...

and yeah i think that RTA as too little airflow even with screw completely unscrewed .... i need way more airflow... god i love this hobby ... never knew i would love to stop smokings regular cigs so much LOL!!!

MarkLH90

Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
Tennessee
I've never had any problems with my EH Pro mods or rdas. I have an EHPro Kayfun Nano kit that is pretty damn nice, I just don't like the performance of it. The airflow is way too restricted for me, even with the screw completely out of it.

This is what I have from them, and again I haven't had any complaints or failures;
Kayfun Nano
Tobh V2
Stillare
Pontus

Nemesis
Black Hawk Panzer

And I'll probably be getting the Seeker 26650 soon, that and the Pontus are both original designs by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread