Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
IMG_1303.JPG IMG_1309.JPG IMG_1304.JPG IMG_1310.JPG With Demming date breathing down our necks, I thought it would be fun to have a thread for rebuilding factory coils. So what type of coil has been found to be easy to rebuild.

I started with the Vandy Vape mesh coil. This coil fits the Jackaroo tank, Trident tank and Swell tank. It is easy to take a part and easy to rebuild. On one coil I trimmed the mesh to get higher ohms. On another I put in a wire vertical coil. It worked well for both rebuilds. I have not removed the inner sleeve yet, will try that after the outer cotton gets dirty. Some pics :)

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Once you can do one every coil is the same. Been doing them for years. Atlantis, Melo, Hercules ect. coils are easy. No reason to remove cotton behind the metal covering the outer holes. Take out cotton and coil. Soak in Denture Cleaner and hot water. Then soak in clean hot water. Let dry and rebuild. I do this with every coil I rebuild. Outer cotton trapped between the metal will cleanup perfectly.
I do mostly vertical coils. I use organtic cotton pads from walmart in the makeup isle. Two dollars for a big round pack. I split them in half. Works well.

In all my years of rebuilding them I have found less than five I could not. I have done atleast 100 different ones and have thousands at my house. Vape shop in town has been saving them for me for years. They keep a drop off pot at their store for me. To bad new people bought it and I never asked them because I have so many now.

CHEERS!

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Quick story. I went to a cloud contest a few years ago and took my Atlantis tank. I sat down and rebuilt a coil at the table and didn't think anyone was watching. Put it on my mod and started chucking clouds, and a guy said "I don't believe this, anyone see what this guy did?. He is blowing bigger clouds than we are." I just smiled. Everyone said "oh ya, we were watching". They were on drippers.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Once you can do one every coil is the same. Been doing them for years. Atlantis, Melo, Hercules ect. coils are easy. No reason to remove cotton behind the metal covering the outer holes. Take out cotton and coil. Soak in Denture Cleaner and hot water. Then soak in clean hot water. Let dry and rebuild. I do this with every coil I rebuild. Outer cotton trapped between the metal will cleanup perfectly.
I do mostly vertical coils. I use organtic cotton pads from walmart in the makeup isle. Two dollars for a big round pack. I split them in half. Works well.

In all my years of rebuilding them I have found less than five I could not. I have done atleast 100 different ones and have thousands at my house. Vape shop in town has been saving them for me for years. They keep a drop off pot at their store for me. To bad new people bought it and I never asked them because I have so many now.

CHEERS!
That is good to know about cleaning the outer layer of cotton, thanks!

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I just ordered 100ml nicsalts and below pod to play around with as a stealth vape. Got a allot of GS Air Coils from the past all rebuilt. Ordered below because of the coils I have on hand already and nothing to use them on anymore.

[CLEARANCE] ELEAF ITAP POD STARTER KIT USES GS AIR COILS - 800MAH - 2ML

• Winner
Reactions: bnrkwest

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I just ordered 100ml nicsalts and below pod to play around with as a stealth vape. Got a allot of GS Air Coils from the past all rebuilt. Ordered below because of the coils I have on hand already and nothing to use them on anymore.

[CLEARANCE] ELEAF ITAP POD STARTER KIT USES GS AIR COILS - 800MAH - 2ML
Cool looking pod, great for using those coils :)

Reactions: wheelie

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I know how to rebuild the Kanger protank coils. I haven’t done it for a long time but I think I remember the steps. Not going to bother posting because if someone is still using a protank my first suggestion would be stop but if anyone really wants to know how I’d be happy to help.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I know how to rebuild the Kanger protank coils. I haven’t done it for a long time but I think I remember the steps. Not going to bother posting because if someone is still using a protank my first suggestion would be stop but if anyone really wants to know how I’d be happy to help.
I did that for about a year before I finally got smart and just bought a rta. Way easier to replace coils on something designed to do it..

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
It think it will be nice to know tho what drop ins can be rebuilt when they are hard to get. I found a video for rebuilding pod coils, minifit and Breeze and will try to rebuild a Podin coil when mine gets gunky. We just don't know what will be available after May 12. Lots of YouTube videos showing how to's.

Reactions: misswish1

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
Most Baby Beast styled, single cylinder coils can be done pretty easily if you know how to do it. It gets a lot easier with practice. My favorites are the Sigelei SM2 or SM2-H coils. They have a nice wide opening on top and bottom.

Also the Geekvape Alpha single coils are nice. They have a very wide opening on the bottom.

The S1 coils for the Smok V9 series stick kits come apart pretty easily as well. You can use them coils in any Smok Baby V2 tank. Just have to be careful not to bend the mesh when extracting.

Anyone who's taken apart a factory coil can see the wicking material isn't the cotton most vapers use. It's more similar a dryer sheet or cotton facial tissue. I watched a video where a guy used facial tissue to rewick a Caliburn coil. I might get some to try out. Loose cotton can give me trouble at times. A piece of tissue cut at the right size looks like it would make things a lot easier. It would be just a matter of twirling it around the coil until the right width.

Reactions: bnrkwest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread