Recipe help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
I've got some flavors and I'm new to diy, I made a small 3ml test batch earlier of vanilla rum cappuccino and it was pretty good but I don't think it's an ADV, more of a morning coffee type vape. So I'm hoping somebody can help me out with a tested recipe using the flavorings I have.

Flavorwest:
Rum
Madagascar Vanilla
Double Dutch twister
Peach tobacco

Capella's:
Cappuccino

I'm not sure what percentages are good yet so a fair baseline would be helpful :)

Almost forgot to mention I'm aiming for 20ish mg of nic using a mix of 48mg PG and some regular VG to cut with.

Last edited:

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I too would suggest getting a few more flavors based on what you like in "real" food. Me, I'm a sweets person so my ADV (at least for now) is a derivative of the RWHY4 posted in another thread. There are several threads for the different flavoring companies that people post their "opinions" for flavoring percentages. There is also a forum for just recipes. Look through it, find a few you think you might like to try and then order your flavorings. Here is a good place to get most anything you need (under DIY Supplies). EcigExpress | Electronic Cigarettes, e-Liquid and DIY Flavorings

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Thanks everybody. After some extensive searching for FW base percentages last night and a lot of reading I've discovered people agree they're best between 15-35% and 50% for people that require super heavy taste. I can't imagine putting 50% of the bottle in just as flavored PG. with 48mg nic I'd put 5ml of nic, 5ml of flavor and have a 100% pg mix lol yuck. I atleast want like 30-40% vg.

not to mention that would be about 1.50USD for 50% of a 10ml bottle of juice. Still cheaper then pre-made but not by much.

I think next time I can afford flavorings I'll just pay the extra dollar for capella or TFA...

Last edited:

SouthernBliss

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ga, USA
I think you might want to start lower on the flavor west. Much of what I have read recently indicates that many people are happy with 12.5%. I'm going to suggest that you start there and go up or down a percent at a time. Don't forget that the chocolate and tobacco may need a much longer steep time than a fruit would. I don't have a percent noted for the capella cap but I'd suggest you start it at about 10% and work up from there if it has no flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread