recommendation request

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
I am interested in taking the next step up from the twist. Although I am saving for the ProVari, I want to try something else...I'm wondering if it would be better to go for a lavatube or a zmax kit? I found some decently priced kits, but I am unsure which one to go for. I figure why not grab one of them before taking the "plunge". What do you suggest?
Thanks for your help!

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I can't blame you. Like you say, $20 for something you hope to have a long time
is probably worth it. Then again, $20 and change is another Twist :)

I plan on taking a closer look there and elsewhere before I pull the trigger. There's
a lot of them out there that go by other names. Snooping around the forum will
help you with that, and also on YouTube. In fact, that might be quicker. I might
be wrong, but I think the VariTube was one? If so, you can see that here:

VZ VARITUBE-3 Mod/APV 510 (Body only) 3 to 6 Volt - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank

It's not a kit. This one is:

MVari-Stick Variable Voltage Mod - Starter Kit

You have a lot of options. Shopping is half the fun. (I'm so macho) :)

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Well, I couldn't resist after reminding myself how many times I blew $40 on tobacco related "deals", like those horrible roll your own shops that are popping up all over, where you can get a carton of nasty tasting tobacco for around the same price, so I grabbed a kit. Hopefully it won't explode in my face. I am still interested in a real lava tube, and I will happily take suggestions from all regarding the in-between purchases...if nothing else, it will be part of my ever-growing collection of e-cig stuff, otherwise known as the "things I buy that will piss my wife off" collection.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
I think you did alright. I think the vendors just say that cuz those are clearance items.
After the last posts, I looked at some others, and they said the same thing: "As Is."

I'm probably going to try one, too. You're right ... I would spend $40 in four days on
analogs and have nothing to show for it but a full ashtray and stained fingers. God,
those were the good ol' days :)

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Thanks! I think it is far too good of a deal to pass up-the less $ I spend on something like this, the closer I get to actually setting myself up with a ProVari, right? All I want is a vv type unit that will last longer than my twists. I have two that I keep in constant rotation, anf I know they will give out at some point. My logic is thus: I would have to replace the twist anyway, and for a few dollars more, I can get tbis kit. I will get used to the form factor of a big-boy vv, and it will save a little life on my twists. Win-win...right?

...right???

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Thanks! I think it is far too good of a deal to pass up-the less $ I spend on something like this, the closer I get to actually setting myself up with a ProVari, right? All I want is a vv type unit that will last longer than my twists. I have two that I keep in constant rotation, anf I know they will give out at some point. My logic is thus: I would have to replace the twist anyway, and for a few dollars more, I can get tbis kit. I will get used to the form factor of a big-boy vv, and it will save a little life on my twists. Win-win...right?

...right???

LOL - right!

When I first started vaping, I vaped cig-alikes. I couldn't imagine why anyone would want
anything larger. I soon found myself with a 900 mah X2 - and that made sense. But I
didn't get these people who needed something larger, and what is all this about variable
voltage - nonsense. Then, I found myself with an 950 mah VV Twist, then an 1100 mah
Spinner. But that's it, there's no need for all this high-powered goofy looking stuff.

Now I'm talking about getting a LavaTube (yeah, but that's cool lookin', right ... right?).
And now, I find myself looking at box mods. Pretty soon I'll be looking at a modded
bazooka with 55-gallon drum in a wheel barrel. Right? ... Right? :)

I think ya done good.

LisaL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Phx
Ha! Same here. The ProVari will be lime, you know...for when I'm home, right? Lol
I dont quite get box-mod fever...yet. but the 55 gallon drum mod would be neat...you know, for long car rides ;)

LOL. Can ya see it - fifty-fiver in the trunk with a long tube coming into the car,
and the vaping mod hangin' half way out the window to make room for it.

That's the most ridiculous idea I've heard of.

My idea of a camelback system with switchable bladders is MUCH more feasible. And portable :)

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I think the "as is" label is that it doesn't have a warranty or the vendor is not willing to exchange it if it breaks down in the first week you receive it. I personally would stay away from it, there are a lot of vendors who will work with you if the batteries are doa, I've had excellent customer service from Eric at Discount Vapers in that respect. Or if I were to buy a twist, I would buy a genuine eGo Joyetech, they come with a 6 months warranty. However, ever since I got my provari four months ago, I've used it daily all day and there's a reason their price is higher, consistent performance and excellent workmanship. Right off the bat they come with a one year warranty and you can also buy an extra year's worth.

Good luck making your decision.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
Not sure what you mean by in between models. You mean price wise? You
mean something between Twist and that LavaTube? Cuz that's about it in
that range. I mean, there's probably other models, but you won't get more
out of them than you will those two.

I'm real happy with my Vision eGo Spinner. I have an 1100 mah. The numbers
are easy to read and it works great. I would buy another in a heartbeat, but
my next batt is going to be a LavaTube.

I might consider a box mod, too, one day. That way you can vape forever without
refilling juice. I was thinking about a Gripper, but lately there have been a lot of
reports of them giving up the ghost. So, Spinner and some version of the LT.
That's all I need and I'll be happy. And that lamp. And this phone book. And
that pillow. That's all I need. And that ashtray. That's it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread