Recommendations for Top Coil Clearos

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I'm definitely keeping my eye on this thread! I've been through a ton of clearos (Protank, Evod, PT 2, Mini PT 2, Nautilus, Aerotank, Aerotank Mini, iClear 30, 30S, 16) and I've come to enjoy using Halo Tritons (AKA Kanger T2's) more than all of them. I am with you, top coil absolutely provides a warmer vape.

Unfortunately, as bottom coil became so popular and the community goes nuts over each new BCC that comes out, top coils have become obsolete dinosaurs in the vendors' eyes. If no one is buying them, why sell them? I'm not faulting them at all, stocking less of them is the right choice as a business and I'd do the same. But it does mean our choices for top coil clearos are very limited nowadays, and I'm worried that the options we do have will be discontinued any day now.

Um... sorry, my intention wasn't to go on a rant. :D In short:

1. try a Kanger T2 (discountvapers.com has them in stock).
2. I've read that the Evod 2/Evod Glass provide warmer vapes than the rest of the Kanger line up. Maybe try those, even though they're bottom coil. This is what I plan to do.
3. let's hope other people comment with better suggestions.

:toast:

Last edited:

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
I'm definitely keeping my eye on this thread! I've been through a ton of clearos (Protank, Evod, PT 2, Mini PT 2, Nautilus, Aerotank, Aerotank Mini, iClear 30, 30S, 16) and I've come to enjoy using Halo Tritons (AKA Kanger T2's) more than all of them. I am with you, top coil absolutely provides a warmer vape.

Unfortunately, as bottom coil became so popular and the community goes nuts over each new BCC that comes out, top coils have become obsolete dinosaurs in the vendors' eyes. If no one is buying them, why sell them? I'm not faulting them at all, stocking less of them is the right choice as a business and I'd do the same. But it does mean our choices for top coil clearos are very limited nowadays, and I'm worried that the options we do have will be discontinued any day now.

Um... sorry, my intention wasn't to go on a rant. :D In short:

1. try a Kanger T2 (discountvapers.com has them in stock).
2. I've read that the Evod 2/Evod Glass provide warmer vapes than the rest of the Kanger line up. Maybe try those, even though they're bottom coil. This is what I plan to do.
3. let's hope other people comment with better suggestions.

:toast:

Thanks for this! I am definitely interested in the Kanger T2. This is a top coil, yes? I'm glad to see they are affordable, and so are the replacement coils.

I may start with this and see how it goes.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Yep everyone is going to bottom coil vacuum devices. I use Innokin i30, and clone mini vivi nova. Unused are some CE-5.

If you want a tank, there are these

GotVapes Vision ViVi Nova™ V2.5 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Discussion here

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...vfate-3-5ml-dual-top-coil-tempered-glass.html

Desert Vapes has a selection from various manufacturers

Tanks & Clearomizers

Thanks....do you find the Vivi Nova pretty user friendly and consistent?

Fuzzy Bruce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2014
Fort Liquordale, Fl.
I have a couple of Vivi Nova V2.5 and like them. All day vape for me. I use 1.8 ohm single coils with the multiple silica wicks and they seem to last forever with a good cleaning and dry burn every couple of tanks.

With 50/50, no problems. I do tend to like VG heavy or 100%vg and the thicker liquids seem to need some wand waving once the juice gets below the area where the wick enters the coil chamber. No problem for me since I seem to talk using my hands, even if no one is around.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Kanger T2 is my go to delivery device for smooth flavor. I like the 2.2 ohm coils at 3.7-4.1 volts. T2's do require either an Ego threaded device or a 510-Ego adapter. While Kanger T2 heads are difficult to rebuild, they are pretty inexpensive. Fasttech does offer T2 heads in a variety of resistances, but they are not genuine Kanger and I haven't tried them yet.

Vision Vivi Nova version 2.5 at 2.4 ohms is pretty close but has a little less flavor to me. The Vivi Nova is a 510 threaded device, but if it sits flush on a flat 510 connection, airflow can be restricted on some devices. Their heads are about twice as expensive as Kanger T2 heads, but can be rebuilt pretty easily. There are no clones of the Vision Vivi Nova heads as far as I know. I would avoid all the off brand Vivi Nova varieties, as they do not provide nearly as good of a vape. If the head has anything poking up through the silicone cap, it's not a Vision Vivi Nova.

Both of these delivery devices may have fallen out of favor as newer designs roll out, but they are in my Vapocalypse stash and I have used clearances to stock up. I haven't found a bottom coil that can match the flavor, and all have been somewhat harsh for me. For those that want a heavier throat hit, bottom coils may be a good match.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi all,

I am looking for a top coil clearomizer that I can use just for custards and RY4s. These juices taste better on a warmer vape.

The Last of the "True" Top Coils. And a Nice Warm Hit.

provari_logo.jpg

Unfortunately, they don't make them Anymore. And Everything now is more of a Mid-Coil due to the Drip Tip Design.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts

Unfortunately, they don't make them Anymore. And Everything now is more of a Mid-Coil due to the Drip Tip Design.

Oh god, is that a CE2? I haven't seen one of those in years. Thanks, now I'm going to have nightmares. haha

I was posting on another thread about CartoTanks. I wonder if a carto tank would provide what I am looking for?

I find carto tanks to be higher maintenance (and definitely take longer to set up), but I would definitely suggest you try one. We're in this vaping thing for the long haul, so you might as well play around with all the toys!

I used to use an AGR carto tank with low res Boge cartos, and it was an amazing vape. Kind of a pain though. IBTanked is another great tank (and their tubes are glass).

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh god, is that a CE2? I haven't seen one of those in years. Thanks, now I'm going to have nightmares. haha

Good Eye machinestatic.

That is Indeed an XL CE2 v3.7. The First Clearo. And also the Most Troubled, Tattered and Train Wrecked development of any piece of e-Cigarette Hardware.

LOL

I started using them back when they were an E2. And Watched thier 3 Steps Forward, 2 Steps Back development the Entire Way.

I Can't Blame Anyone for Hating on a CE2. The Way that RS/MiT Marketed and Revised the CE2 was beyond Comprehension. And Boggled the Mind. They just Never made a Clearo that Didn't need Some kind of Mod to work right.

But under it All was a Great Concept. And with the Right Alterations, a Killer Clearo. (Notice the Cut Down Tube and the Pre v4.0 Mouth Piece that acts as the Seal.)

And the Last of the True Top Coils.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Good Eye machinestatic.

That is Indeed an XL CE2 v3.7. The First Clearo. And also the Most Troubled, Tattered and Train Wrecked development of any piece of e-Cigarette Hardware.

LOL

I started using them back when they were an E2. And Watched thier 3 Steps Forward, 2 Steps Back development the Entire Way.

I Can't Blame Anyone for Hating on a CE2. The Way that RS/MiT Marketed and Revised the CE2 was beyond Comprehension. And Boggled the Mind. They just Never made a Clearo that Didn't need Some kind of Mod to work right.

But under it All was a Great Concept. And with the Right Alterations, a Killer Clearo. (Notice the Cut Down Tube and the Pre v4.0 Mouth Piece that acts as the Seal.)

And the Last of the True Top Coils.

All I remember about CE2s is having to cut bigger notches in the silicone with nail clippers, desperately hoping I could finally stop using cartridges. But they were just so damn bad at wicking. Ha

Thanks for the photo.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach

provari_logo.jpg

I know that clearomizer!!

I thought I was the only one on the forum who still used them!! :ohmy: Was I surprised to see your photo zoid.

They were always my favorite - despite their wicking problems. Remember that CE2 thread on them? - how big did that thread actually get.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
All I remember about CE2s is having to cut bigger notches in the silicone with nail clippers, desperately hoping I could finally stop using cartridges. But they were just so damn bad at wicking. Ha

Thanks for the photo.

Yeah... CE2's had Terrible Wicking Issues straight out of the Box. Which gave them a Bad Name to Many People.

But if a person could happen upon a Technique like making the Slots Bigger, or what I came up with, cutting the Tube and using the Mouth Piece as the Seal, they work like a Dream.

And give you a Warm, Moist Hit that I have Never Found in Anything Else.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know that clearomizer!!

I thought I was the only one on the forum who still used them!! :ohmy: Was I surprised to see your photo zoid.

They were always my favorite - despite their wicking problems. Remember that CE2 thread on them? - how big did that thread actually get.

I think it is Down to Only Members who's names start with a "Z" who use them. LOL

When I got ahold of some of the Rev"4" Pre-Releases, I could see that RS/MiT was going to Screw it Up AGAIN with those Black Seals that Tasted like Recycled Used Tires.

So I Ordered about 200 of the Rev"3.7" Direct from Royal Smokers. They are About All I use.

Yeah... I remember the "Big Thread". I should, I started it. LOL

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...13951-e2-cartomizer-technical-discussion.html

Those were Great Times. And it seemed that Every Week there would be Some Break Thru. I remember when the Concept of the Dry Burn was first Thought of. And Crazy, New Ideas were Commonplace.

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
LOL I forgot you started that thread. I remembered being amazed at how much thought and work went into modding the CE2. It was a great time - a gathering of some of the best and brightest minds on ECF.:toast:

I ended up just putting an extra piece of wick on top and that worked fine for me. Never was much good at modding.:facepalm:

I also like the T2s. I've been using a rejigged version which uses dual coils but sadly it's not made anymore.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
LOL I forgot you started that thread. I remembered being amazed at how much thought and work went into modding the CE2. It was a great time - a gathering of some of the best and brightest minds on ECF.:toast:

I ended up just putting an extra piece of wick on top and that worked fine for me. Never was much good at modding.:facepalm:

I also like the T2s. I've been using a rejigged version which uses dual coils but sadly it's not made anymore.

The time of that Thread to me was the Golden Age of e-Cigarette Hardware.

So Many People were Involved. And Great Ideas come from Veterans and Newb's Alike. It was like a Collective Hive Mind with One Singular Goal. Making those Darns Clearos Work.

You knew that RS/MiT brought the CE2 Back?

GotVapes FLüXomizer™ 2014 TC 510 Clearo - 5PK CLEAR LR 2.0ohm [gv-FLUXOMIZER2014-Clear2.0] - $10.00 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Kinda the Same Old Song and Dance. Problems with Wicking and Dry Hits. And of Course, the Tubes Crack with Many e-Liquids.

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread