Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
A simple one to start with would be the Mini Protank II. It's a small, pyrex, clearo for which replacement coils can be found pretty cheaply almost everywhere online. I always recommend glass over plastic, as some e-liquids can eventually break plastic down. Citrus and cinnamon being the flavors that do it.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Ive already had an issue with my apple flavor cracking my tank. Wasn't sure how normal that was.

If it was a sour tasting apple, then I could imagine them using something citrusy to achieve that. Also, I found the plastic just tends to wear down faster no matter what was in it. My mother in law only vaped tobacco flavored e-juice, and while her plastic tank lasted far longer then mine, even that cracked after a while. I also think that you get a purer taste from a glass tank then you would with plastic.

If you are worried about dropping a glass tank, you can also try the Aspire ET-S or Evod 2. They're glass, but the glass is mostly covered with a metal sheath.

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
This is what I use.... (if it's any use to you).

1. On standard eGo batteries (what you have) I like Mini Protanks and T3S, both made by Kanger. (one pyrex, one plastic....)

2. On bigger kit I like the iClear30S or a carto-tank.

What he says^^^^ I also use a protank 2 mini in my eGO. and the iClear 30s in the VTR. The 30s is really nice vape but would be crap on an eGO

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ive already had an issue with my apple flavor cracking my tank. Wasn't sure how normal that was.
Certain flavors are able to chemically change a specific plastic (polycarbonate) on a molecular level which is commonly used in plastic tanks (clearomizers and/or cartotanks). The most common are cinnamon and citrus flavors. For these flavors, pyrex glass tanks are recommended.

A green apple or cinnamon apple sounds like they could be one of the above flavors which could destroy a plastic tank.

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Well, I'll throw my vote behind the Mini Protank 3 (not 2)..I find the flavor a little better than the Mini PT2, and far ahead of the EVODs and EVOD 2/Glass.. And that much better again over the T3s/MT3s.. Plus, they'll take the new coils from Kanger so no obsolescence if you dont do DIY coils. These things simply rock and can be found in 5-6 different colors for ~$9. I bought several colors from eBay for $8.50 w/free shipping.

Last edited:

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I use the DPure PuriTank on my Astro clone, it's done well for me.

On my ego style device, one can get good tanks at good pricing. Bottom coil tanks provides for a better experience than the top wick iClear type ones. KangerTech makes some good small ones, with free shipping from VaporBeast. Here's one that I bought, it arrived in 3 days (which included Sunday) to me.

http://www.vaporbeast.com/kanger-evod-clearomizer-tank.html

There are lower cost eBay knockoffs, but I don't recommend them. Watch what you order from that site.

Cat

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
Disposables:

$11.84 CE5 Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (7-Pack / 1.6mL) 7-pack - grey + translucent + red + green + pink + yellow + blue / 2.1ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

These are surprisingly decent, last from 1 week to a month each, don't leak, don't gurgle, and different colors allow you to designate juices for each one.

Not disposable, but cheap with cheap replacement coils (but they can mute weaker flavors like teas):

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=2398&category_id=84

Fasttech tanks are hit or miss, some work great, others not so much, but don't let slow shipping and the risk steer you away from what many think is a great shopping experience. :vapor:

Protanks are good, XJets are good, other Visons are good. It really will just depend on personal preference. I would recommend a bottom coil tank, not a top one. :2c:

I would invest in a glass/pyrex tank, at least one. Some juices will crack the plastic tanks (cinnamons, some alcoholic beverage juices, citrus) and they will last a long time.

Depending on how serious you are, you can get into a rebuildable tank system (where you build your own coils - seems daunting at first, but it's actually not too difficult to learn).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread