Status
Not open for further replies.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Anyone know how to reconstitute koolada powder. I was short on koolada and I got the liquid as I always do but they also offer it in powder and much cheaper than mixed in PG. They said they use PG to mix it in but my question is how many grams koolada do I use in 10 mls?

I'm really math challenged guys.

Thanks for any help.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I would guess it is in liquid form @ 10%. For a 10ml flavoring you would use 1mg of koolada powder and 9ml of USP PG. A low heat may be necessary to allow solubility. This suggestion os conjecture. I'm only passing along a similar process I've used to mix Ethyl Maltol crystals for flavoring agent. Good luck!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I would guess it is in liquid form @ 10%. For a 10ml flavoring you would use 1mg of koolada powder and 9ml of USP PG. A low heat may be necessary to allow solubility. This suggestion os conjecture. I'm only passing along a similar process I've used to mix Ethyl Maltol crystals for flavoring agent. Good luck!
thank you

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
For EM, it's a gram (about 1/4 teaspoon) in 10ml PG (though there was always some disagreement about exact amounts) --- I've always used 1/4 teaspoon.

For koolada powder, I have no idea.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I’m assumed this was some sort of joke till I googled it.

“Cooling agent?!” That’s vague.

“Not safe for consumption”?!

Nondescript white powder.
No indication on the net of what it is or what it is for. I’m staying very very far away!
Actually there are several sites that tell you exactly what koolada is and for what it is used. So you don't have to do another search here is the definition of koolada from the Perfumer's Apprentice site… a place many vapers buy flavorings: "Koolada is used specifically to give that "cold" feeling at the back of the mouth. It does not really have a 'taste', but it can be used in conjunction with menthol."

Nothing nondescript about it. It doesn't give the same TH most of us liked when we smoked but it's enough to satisfy that need.

Perfumers Apprentice - Koolada 10 PG

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Actually there are several sites that tell you exactly what koolada is and for what it is used. So you don't have to do another search here is the definition of koolada from the Perfumer's Apprentice site… a place many vapers buy flavorings: "Koolada is used specifically to give that "cold" feeling at the back of the mouth.
It does not really have a 'taste', but it can be used in conjunction with menthol."

Nothing nondescript about it. It doesn't give the same TH most of us liked when we smoked but it's enough to satisfy that need.

Perfumers Apprentice - Koolada 10 PG
So it’s an artificial flavoring, sort of. That’s more than what I was seeing. I literally remarked on everything on the sites I looked at.

Reactions: Bea-FL

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
TPA mixes their koolada at 10%..

So you'll want 1g of Koolada powder crystals to 9g of (warm) PG..

I'd use a scale for accuracy and do it by weight.
Sounds like a plan. Thanks sweetie. We have to stop meeting like this…LOL.

Thanks everyone. I think this will work.

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Koolada is a cooling additive that's been around in liquid and powder form for ages. It's not uncommon in powder form. I have some myself. I mix 1ml powder to 9ml pg for a 10% solution. Some keep adding the powder until they reach the saturation point (Powder won't dissolve any more) which to me is a bit over the top.

It gives that cooling effect like peppermint or menthol flavor gives but the difference with koolada is, it's tasteless and just gives a cooling effect.

Because it's tasteless it's a good additive to use when making a sherbet or ice cream type desert mix or a drink type vape like a fruit punch or ice tea mix because it won't detract from the base flavor (vanilla, fruit punch etc.). I've also used it in a york pepperment patty recipe to boost the coolness a little more.

It's also good in a cola type mix where you have the fizzy sensation but no cooling like when you drink an ice cold soda. This will help with that as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread