Red Dragon...worth the money..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evil1rox

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Sorry if this has been posted before. i've been reading the forum pretty much all night and haven't found anything on it. (Unless it's one of the model numbers I don't quite understand yet :oops:)

I think for now... I'm looking for the 2 piece style units. Doesn't have to look like an analog. I do want something that is dripable though with reasonable battery life. (Reasonable to me is 1 or less battery changes over the course of a day. I formerly smoked about a pack a day or less.)

..formerly smoked Mboro lights...any suggestions or helpful tips regarding getting started?

Not opposed to the 3 part systems, I guess.. i'm just looking for something to get started that will keep me from running back to the old Mboro lights for now.

Last question for now I swear. Does vaping leave that heavy feeling in your chest just like the analogs? (Will I be able to work out without keeling over like I do now or will iit be similar..?)

Thanks for the patence and help!!!

E

Tori

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
South Texas USA
Please dont waste your money on a 2 piece system... I have 3 of them, all crap. Very difficult if not impossible to refill those carts... they have the atomizer built in and they're crazy expensive. Do not believe the crap they say about each cartridge lasting for a packs worth of analogs lol.. maybe 4-5 at best but not a packs worth. I have a 510 and love it! Got it from Rocky Mountain Vapor... he's great to order from.

About the heaviness in your chest. You will begin to notice how much better you feel within days of quitting analogs and each day gets better and better! I'm on 3 weeks and have no more heaviness or shortness of breath :) so no, vaping doesnt cause it, will help it go away!

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
I never had a 2 piece set-up. I got my 510 and love it, my wife loves hers too. You can drip all day long. I'm not telling you not to get the dragon but all I can say is the 2 piece seems like a waste considering I've been useing the same cart and atty for a month by just refilling it with many different veriaties of juice. I like to drip(adding 2-3 drops of liquid nic w/ flavor directly on the atty) and I like to use my cart. I cant tell you if the dragon is good or not but all I can say is that the 510 is awsome......Those 2 cents belong to me. EDIT: You will feel great, I started e-cigs with the intention of saving some $ but the day I got my 1st one I quit analogs and never touched one again, only prob I have is not being used to the over oxigenated feeling I get now. I had zero widthdraws and dont vape nearlly as much as I smoked(1+ pack a day for 21 years religiously((reds))) get a 510 some extra batts and attys and juice... your rockin....

Last edited:

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I started with the red dragon and it got me off a 2 pack a day habit. I used it for about a month and got down to about 5 cigarettes a day. Then I found this forum and had to try a 901. I now don't smoke analogs at all. The red dragon is not a bad e-cig, but the cartridges do not last as long as any of the vendors say they do. I also dripped in the cartridges and it made it last longer, but the cartridges change and get really yucky looking. The batteries only last about 1 to 2 hours and then they need recharged.
I thought I only wanted a 2 piece at first cause I thought the 3 piece were more trouble. So far, this hasn't been true. The flavor is so much better with the 901. I also have a m401...like it too and just got a jantystick. I have only had it a couple of days, but I like it too. Read the forum and get an idea whats out there. Since I have started vaping I haven't had any problem breathing. In fact my hacking cough is gone!
No more shortness of breath and as an added bonus I can now smell things I never could, and my taste is coming back!

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
almost forgot to tell you,,, get the 510 pcc as well. it will charge your batts and you will have no worry about batt life. The PCC is a life saver.

ps, it feels so good being able to breathe again, by the way, the 510 is called the titan, dura c, yeti, and of course the joye510 wich is the manufacturer. Make sure you get the manual batteries.

On the breath/chest question - I feel much better vaping. Just under two months now and for me the most tangible improvement in my breathing is at night - I all but stopped snoring, the wife tells me. Within a week of stopping tobacco ciggies and going to the e-cig. Speaking of which...:)

Best wishes and may all your choices bring you success and wisdom! And good vaping at low low prices. :D

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Let's put it this way.

If the FDA, instead of testing the _cartridges_ of the companies that sell these ecigs, would have actually _used_ the ecig and then tested the vapor that they produce, it would have been one of those: 'move on, nothing here to see' moments. :)

But, that's just my opinio... wait.... Lots of people here think that... but he!! go for it!

evil1rox

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
it's a Datsun 510--er no- do research dude!

red dreagon? lol 2 piece- yeah get it, tell us what u think then get a 510

Actually I have been researching...which is where my confusion comes from.

Manufacturers/distributors do not necessarily list all the model numbers that get used here which makes trying to mate up a reliable unit with the model a bit hard for a rookie. ;)

-thanks for the tip on the Datsun 510...isn't that a car? Whoops...my age is showing.

Seriously though, cetke didn't give it a "glowing" review. More of a "nice at first then wanned". In spite of that, it sounds like a lot of people like the 510 though....hmmmm

Ok someone point me in the direction of a good distributor for the 510 please. If I don't like it I'll try the dragon afterwards.

(Oh good!! Another exploration into spending..besides drums..and guitar...and vintage amps..:D)

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
If you do go with the Red Dragon, also look at the Greensmoke site for their cartridges as they will fit on the Red Dragon. I had (and returned) my Greensmoke kit because I couldn't justify the additional cost of the kit and the price of the cartridges. (I had trouble topping off the carts and had one battery go bad really fast.) But before I decided to return it, I did order a Red Dragon battery (their batteries are a lot cheaper than GS's.) I didn't try RDs cartridges as you only get 4 carts in a box instead of GS's 5 carts.

By the way, I too wanted a 2 piece, thinking that you have less parts to fail. I still like the concept of a 2 piece but a 3 piece does seem to work much better at this stage of the game. (THe RD and the GS batteries are much lighter and feel more like the real thing, if that is something you're interested in.)

Sorry if this only adds to the confusion. Best wishes!!

mcl5000

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
Allentown, PA
I'm more than happy with my 510 - been using it for almost 10 days now. No complaints, no analogs.

If you're really thinking of getting a 2 piece, I'm pretty sure the Vapor King from Nhaler is pretty decent. Seems like a lot of people enjoy that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm just going off of what I've read.

evil1rox

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
I bought my 510 Starter Packs, PCC and USB PT from Widows Bead Work. She ships quick, 2 days from her in CA to me in OH and shipping is free! Her prices are very competitive.

Also you can email her with questions, I had a ton when I first started vaping:)

Thanks Serenna. I'll have to see if she is willing to do overnight shipping for a charge as I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks on Saturday 8-o.

E

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I definitely recommend the joye 510. I have been using mine for about a week now and I love it. I get good vapor and throat hit. This varies a little bit with what liquid I use. As far as suppliers, Drew at nhaler.com is awesome. I had my first kit in two days. Also, I have received awesome service from rockymountainvapor. Dave is good to deal with and is quick to answer any questions I have. I try to split my business between them as much as I can. I just wish one of them sold johnsoncreek smoke juice. I tried a sampler of that and like it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread