Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I still use 18mg after more than four years of vaping exclusively. At that level my total consumption of juice is now rather low. I am not intending to start a flaming war but I think fewer inhalations of VG, nicotine and small amount of water is a better compromise rather than lower nicotine while inhaling more juice. Again no flame wars but to me less vapor fewer inhalations with higher nicotine is my idea of risk reduction.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Like a lot of others, when I started vaping, I used 24mg/ml in an MTL system. When I got my first sub-ohm system I started using 12mg/ml. Over time I lowered down to 6mg/ml. I had also decided at one time that I should try to get down to 0 nic. I was at 6mg/ml and decided to go to 3mg/ml. Wow, talk about a mistake! I was miserable and short-tempered, to say the least. I remade my ejuice to 5mg/ml. I have been using 5mg/ml since that time and have decided that I am fine with it. Besides, what would I do with the 700+ mls of nicotine in my freezer?

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I still use 18mg after more than four years of vaping exclusively. At that level my total consumption of juice is now rather low. I am not intending to start a flaming war but I think fewer inhalations of VG, nicotine and small amount of water is a better compromise rather than lower nicotine while inhaling more juice. Again no flame wars but to me less vapor fewer inhalations with higher nicotine is my idea of risk reduction.
I use less juice at 2 - 4mg than I did at 12 or 18mg.
Altering a tolerance to nic up or down is entirely possible.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Smoke-free for a year only, so my results may be different. Started on 18mg, dropped to 15mg after 3 months, down to 12mg after 5 months.

I've stayed at 12mg since then. I'm happy at this level, so I have no plans to taper anytime soon.

If I did taper down, the best ideas I've seen in this thread is to do extremely gradually by 1 or 2mg at a time.

12mg keeps me smoke-free - and that's my only goal

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    sarasota,fl
    Good luck.
    My goal with vaping wasn't to quit smoking.
    I just wanted to try it.
    Two weeks later, and I threw out my last pack of cigarettes, still half full.
    I started with 24mg juice, and nearly 7 years later, I'm still vaping 24mg.
    Unless/until I have issues with it, I really don't see the point in weaning off the nicotine.
    As a stimulant, it's on about the same level as caffeine health wise, so...
    This is me exactly. I also started 7 years back with 24 and never lowered. Perhaps if I was 30 years old I might be thinking of eventually stopping, but at my age I can see myself vaping another 20 years , plus I kind of enjoy it. Plus I would rather enjoy my current nic level and if I decided to stop, just stop where I'm at now. Personally I think it would be almost as easy to quit from where I'm at, then to start weaning down and quitting. I have stopped vaping a couple times in the past years for days and it wasnt a big deal.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    I use less juice at 2 - 4mg than I did at 12 or 18mg.
    Altering a tolerance to nic up or down is entirely possible.

Good for you.
    Who said that altering tolerance was not entirely possible? This is why I hesitated to say anything and stated twice that this was my way of doing things and was not going to get into a right/wrong discussion. Someone always must be the smartest kid in the room.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Good for you.
    Who said that altering tolerance was not entirely possible? This is why I hesitated to say anything and stated twice that this was my way of doing things and was not going to get into a right/wrong discussion. Someone always must be the smartest kid in the room.
    Yes, I was very conscious of the fact that you had mentioned twice that you didn't want to start a flame war and i tried to be conversational in my reply, a different perspective or experience regarding the same topic. Obviously I failed, I can see how my wording might have triggered your response.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Yes, I was very conscious of the fact that you had mentioned twice that you didn't want to start a flame war and i tried to be conversational in my reply, a different perspective or experience regarding the same topic. Obviously I failed, I can see how my wording might have triggered your response.

Thank you.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2017
    :mad:I've been wrestling around with my nicotine level for a while now. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to vape for the rest of my life. I buy premix juice from a vendor and I'm hopelessly drunk on 18 milligrams. Whenever I try to go lower I get nervous. Nervous to the point of wanting to jump out of the window. I guess I'm hopeless

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    :mad:I've been wrestling around with my nicotine level for a while now. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to vape for the rest of my life. I buy premix juice from a vendor and I'm hopelessly drunk on 18 milligrams. Whenever I try to go lower I get nervous. Nervous to the point of wanting to jump out of the window. I guess I'm hopeless

I would think that you are hardly "hopeless", you are off cigarettes. I find that most hopeful.
    :thumbs:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Why hopeless? I consider not smoking a personal win period.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Like a lot of others, when I started vaping, I used 24mg/ml in an MTL system. When I got my first sub-ohm system I started using 12mg/ml. Over time I lowered down to 6mg/ml. I had also decided at one time that I should try to get down to 0 nic. I was at 6mg/ml and decided to go to 3mg/ml. Wow, talk about a mistake! I was miserable and short-tempered, to say the least. I remade my ejuice to 5mg/ml. I have been using 5mg/ml since that time and have decided that I am fine with it. Besides, what would I do with the 700+ mls of nicotine in my freezer?

You just described my experience with lowering nic except that I've been MTL for 9 years. I went from 24mg to 18mg, to 12mg, then 6, 3 and 0. Zero nic didn't work for me. I went back to 3mg and have been there for years and I'm fine with it. It seems that even a little nic bite is satisfying. It lets you know there's nic in the juice even at 3mg/ml and the brain is happy.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread