Refilling blank carts

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvflowers

Jul 9, 2012
WV
Two questions....first ...how many times can I refill a blank cart? Then how many times should I refill and then clean....sorry...I am on a budget and try to maximize the use my equipment....okay three questions....then after I have cleaned them ....how many times can they be reused...I am sure this is not an exact science but just approximations would be helpful......thanks ahead of time.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
If your on a budget get a vivi nova and some wick and wire and learn how to rebuild them from watching all the vids on YouTube. I rebuild mine and the wick and wire was from carolinavape and it cost me 3.50 or so with shipping for 15 feet of wire and wick that is enough to rebuild them for a year or so....

Ok that's out of the way when I change favors I clean the old flavor by vaping straight vg and then adding the new flavor I have never cleaned them, and a typical DCT will last me about 2 weeks

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Really depends on sooo many things:
What kind of cartos are they? Some brands/types last longer than others. I've had really good luck with horizontal bottom-coil ones.
What are your liquids like? Certain flavors/mixes are harder on cartos than others. What happens is that they gunk up the coil with diamond-hard carbon crud that's nearly impossible to remove. Once the coil gets cruddy, the liquid can't get to it to heat up and produce vapor. Chocolate/coffee/sweetened/dark flavors tend to be hard on cartos, as does higher VG content (I like 80PG/20VG).
How do you clean them? Some cleaning methods are more effective than others. They're all pretty effective at cleaning the poly-fill; the problem is getting the stubborn crud off the coil.

...and it goes on and on...but even with the worst conditions, I'm guessing you should be able to get maybe a couple of cleaning cycles out of them.

I've been fiddling with regular cartos for over a year now (waaay too long) and am just waiting around for the next fillerless carto to come out to get far away from them. Regular cartos are a PITA to clean. The CE3 comes close, but there's still a love/hate thing with those that I'm not willing to go through. The Stardust/Vision/tank type stuff isn't too bad, but they're either made out of the wrong plastic or look goofy on my stick batts (which I still love)...so still waiting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread