Refilling blu cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnyb0210

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
PA
Ok, I've read previous posts on this topic, but I wanted to confirm something regarding cleaning. I liked the boiling method I read (seems easy!), but I'm wondering about boiling these cartos as they seem to have some sort of black paper wrapped around them. Can you really do this? If so, how long must I allow them to sit and dry out?

Just refilled my first 2 (w/o cleaning) and I'm obviously getting flavor 'overlap' & thus difficulty in really figuring out if I like the flavor of my new juice.

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

317Vapers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2012
Indiana
www.youtube.com
I just boiled my 9 that I have emptied from Blu, I boiled on HI, 15 minutes. took out and strained. rinsed with water, Boiled 15 minutes, rinsed boiled again for 15 minutes and rinsed and put small wad of paper towel, after I blew them out and put them in a .223 ammo container for them to dry.

They do tend to have a white chalky substance but I think its the hard water/nicotine film left on them and it rubs right off. They look just like new (except my teeth marks from previous use). I will be refilling them in 48 hours so I will post back with results!! I'm changing flavors too not just adding similar flavors!

BigLungs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Champaign, Illinois
I have been using blu cartos today on my vision spinner 1300mah. I am only doing this because the clearomizers I ordered with my battery and juice weren't in the package.

Back on topic I had great success with cleaning the one I tried by pouring some 99% ISO into a bag and throwing the carto in and shaking it for a while. I then took the carto out and blew the excess ISO out and set the carto on my heater vent for a few hours.

I just refilled it with some fresh juice and I am not tasting any of the previous menthol that was in there. From dry it did take about 20 or so drops of liquid to get it full again. I have topped it up a few times now and it is still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread