Tips for refilling newer Blu cart version without inner O-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthv8per

Jun 27, 2012
US-Texas
I've returned my Blu premium pack but still have the original pack around since I have so many Blu cartos left. I had the same problem I've read about here where the Blu cartos taste burnt after less than 50 drags, so I'm trying to recoup some of that money by refilling them.

The cartos seem to be a newer version with no inner O ring and very dense wadding. When I try to refill them the drops of juice stay beaded up on the sides and don't want to soak in. After letting it sit over night the carto still has very poor vapor production and has no flavor from the new liquid. Does anyone have any tips for refilling these newer carts?

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
Well I don't have any first hand experience BUT I would think if you were to use a syringe it would inject the liquid into the cartridge so the liquid won't sit at the top like it does.

Those carts burn when you continue to use them after most or all of the liquid is gone. Try adding more liquid at about the 45 drag mark and you should be OK. You outta be able to tastes lack of flavor right before you are about to burn them.

By the way, I still use my Blu batteries at times and I now use them with Boge 2.0ohm LR 510 cartomizers and those work GREAT with the Blu batteries. Lots of vapor, great taste and you can refill them MANY times. You may as well use the batteries you own and they make for great little units when you are out and about and don't want to be dragging a big PV around with you.

Last edited:

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
The only refill method I've tried, since I don't really have syringes nor want to have any around the house, is the drip method. Sadly, the results I get from this aren't consistent. I'm not sure if it's inexperience on my part or unsuitability on the part of the Blu carts, but I seem to end up killing 1 out of every 3 carts I try to refill. :(

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
I'm not sure what you mean they don't have the inner o-ring. Mine do. I refill them all the time. You pry the black top off the mouth end, using a tiny eyeglass screwdriver in the hole, then if the little white o-ring doesn't come out with that, you pull it out, as well. I love these cartos, they hold a lot of juice - the filling seems to be less dense than the Boge cartomizers. Just make sure not to drip the juice down the center tube. I pop the black cap back into the end, and screw it on the battery and vape away. Oh, and I don't bother putting the o-ring back in - I just toss them.

And, to the fellow who says he seems to kill them when he refills them. It can seem like they are dead when you have too much juice and it has filled up the center tube. Try blowing the tube out by blowing from the battery end and see if that helps.

Eeeks, now I see the OP was from July. Hope this info helps the newer poster, though.

Last edited:

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Since I have to buy new Blu carts anyway in order to have working carts to refill, I've taken to vaping one for a good few hours, then adding 2-3 drops of the Halo Captain Jack I've got a little 7ml sampler bottle of. The last 5-pack of Blu carts I got was Menthol (the Walgreen's down the street doesn't ever seem to have the things fully stocked...) and mixing Captain Jack with that has proven to be something of a winning combination. Mellows out the menthol by adding a strong tobacco flavor, thicker vapor and a better throat hit. Really takes it from vaping toothpaste to vaping something more akin to an analog cigarette.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
Ooooh, that sounds good. I use complimenting flavors to refill carts, too. Rather than worry about washing them out. I usually order the Blu carts from the blucig website and order at least 4 packs, so I get them cheaper. The originals are 9.60 per pack and the premium 100 are 10.40 per pack versus the Walgreens here sells them for a little over $14 per pack for the original packs. Then, accumulating points to apply towards my purchases, as well. I usually order just enough to get free shipping, too.

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
RY4, Carmel Candy, I usually put into the classic tobacco cartridges. But, they aren't bad in the cherry or vanilla carts, either.

Blueberry, Peach, Vanilla, Carmel Apple,JMoo Juice, Banana Nut Bread, I usually use the vanilla carts.

I've put coffee and tea in the classic tobacco and the cherry as well as the vanilla carts.

Thug juice has a menthol element in it so I usually put it in the menthol carts or the vanilla carts.

So far, I've pretty much only used flavors from Mt. Baker Vapor. I have to order the VG juices. I have a bunch of new ones coming soon from Alien Visions, Virgin Vapors, and RAWR. Should be getting them by Friday or Saturday.

razblack

Sep 29, 2012
Texas
not trying to ressurect a thread, but i got a suringe and it works great.. i just gotta be careful that i don't over fill, cause when i put the Oring back in it acts like a pressurizer and will squeeze juice out the bottom.

i keep the Orings and also the bottom little rubber cap to use when storing and refilling... been working pretty well so far.

@Buggs5347, it was funny you mentioned the eyeglass screwdriver.. that's exactly when i am using, works well.

Subject:09141987

Nov 23, 2012
Earth
(DEFINITELY resurrecting this subject!Judge if you want.)

This is a subject that is VERY important to me, as I have burnt through countless cartos online and each of them die in a week or less (even non LR), and every single time this happens I am forced to pull a year or older carto from my little box and they last me weeks! So far they have been the best carto's I've had (For me at least.). I have never cleaned them, nor do I even know how, but I have modded them into medium capacity drip carts, loose-filler cartos, open ended draw cartos (Slightly tight draw, TONS of vapor production.), and have made combination flavors off of them. I don't care about the few bucks difference because I'd end up paying the difference in shipping anyway, and they give me a little extra juice to stretch out my shipped juices. Yes, unfortunately the juice already in the carto never really lasts for me, but I have the PERFECT technique to not only keep that carto from burning, but give you an absolutely AWESOME vaping experience with minimal work, and here it is!: Every session (For me, about 20-25 long puffs.) add ONE drop of the new liquid. It creates this really nice transition where slowly you begin to taste the new flavor until the new flavor takes over WITHOUT a dry hit.

I could go on and on about some of the cool things that are amazing to do with blue carts, maybe I should just start a new thread?

I should note that I DESPISE Blu batteries, I bought the kit and both batteries died within a month. I still have the charging pack, and have been contemplating using it to possibly devise a quick passthru charge mod, maybe even an emergency batto pack for my beloved passthrus ( I know I could get a car charger, but I like having my GPS AND my puffs like the greedy chimp I am.)

(UPDATE: Finished thread, if you want to get the best out of your old or used BLU carts, go to the link below.)

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blu-electronic-cigarettes/355169-blu-cart-labs-tips-tricks-even-some-stylish-fun-your-neglected-gems.html#post7915162

Have fun, and remember:

Last edited:

iborn4music

Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Gilbert, AZ
The cartos seem to be a newer version with no inner O ring and very dense wadding. When I try to refill them the drops of juice stay beaded up on the sides and don't want to soak in. After letting it sit over night the carto still has very poor vapor production and has no flavor from the new liquid. Does anyone have any tips for refilling these newer carts?

Yes there is a way to refill them that will allow the dense cotton to absorb the e liquid and cause the juice to wet the atomizer. Its called the Taryn Spin. Check it out here! The Taryn Spin 2011....Everything You Need To Know - YouTube I've used it, works great for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread