refresh page and back button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
anyone else having this problem? I am using firefox. This problem started last night. Both buttons work on other sites but not here. Occasionally the buttons will work but the majority of the time they don't. When I mouse over the refresh button the pop up says "Stop loading this page" but as far as I can tell the page has completed loading. When I click on it it just sets there.

I thought it was just a problem on my end but I don't have the problem any other place.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
anyone else having this problem? I am using firefox. This problem started last night. Both buttons work on other sites but not here. Occasionally the buttons will work but the majority of the time they don't. When I mouse over the refresh button the pop up says "Stop loading this page" but as far as I can tell the page has completed loading. When I click on it it just sets there.

I thought it was just a problem on my end but I don't have the problem any other place.
Have you tried clearing your cookies/cache to see if that clears it up?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
not yet but maybe that is the problem. thanks

It is just strange that it is only happening here.
I can see why one would think that. But it could be that just the cache and/or cookies for this site got wonky somehow. :)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Oh my goodness, what a simple fix. Looks like I will have to log into a few places I automatically logged into before but that is a small price to pay to get things working again.

Thank you @sonicdsl
You're very welcome! :) I'm glad it worked. It's always a good first step when noticing something odd on one or more sites. More often than not, that's all it takes. :w00t:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, I randomly get the refresh page lock up too and clearing stuff didn't fix it :(
Clearing cookies seemed to have helped at first but sadly the problem is still there. I am going to clear my history now and see if that helps.

edited after clearing cache .... the refresh is working right now. Only time and use will tell me if it will stay fixed or not.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Clearing cookies seemed to have helped at first but sadly the problem is still there. I am going to clear my history now and see if that helps.

edited after clearing cache .... the refresh is working right now. Only time and use will tell me if it will stay fixed or not.

It worked for me for a while and then did it again - it seems to be intermittent
I had cleared cache and cookies and history

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It worked for me for a while and then did it again - it seems to be intermittent
I had cleared cache and cookies and history
It does come a go but mostly it is go :facepalm: Hopefully it is just a glitch from the switch over and will get worked out once everything settles down. I cleared cache and cookies but not complete history.

Reactions: stols001

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
If it shows an "X", then it's still loading - something's hanging up the load of the page. I've had that in the past on Chrome too, and it's hard to make it stop sometimes. Had to check settings in Ghostery and AdBlocker/uBlock to find what was hanging. Finally did, but couldn't tell you now what it was (been too long lol).

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France

Just so you know @mattiem I had the same problem yesterday - at the moment though all seems to be OK :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just so you know @mattiem I had the same problem yesterday - at the moment though all seems to be OK :)
It is good to know that I am not just losing my mind. Thank you for posting.

Hi all, we're doing an audit of the software tomorrow. I'll make a note of this issue as it sounds wrong to me. Thanks.
Thank you Oliver. When it comes to the refresh button it seems to me like something is trying to load in the background and won't refresh until it is done. Problem is, it just doesn't get done.

It does seem to be working this morning. Got my fingers crossed :)

OOps, nope it is still there. The first time I went to general vaping this morning the refresh worked fine. Left to read a thread, came back. Problem returned :(

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
@Oliver A bit more feedback on the problem just in case it might help to pinpoint the problem....

If one waits long enough the main page (in this case Site feedback and Help) will finish loading and will allow a refresh. I discovered this fact when I left the Site Feedback page open and went over to General vaping. Read several threads over there, came back here and the refresh button was active.

Individual threads don't seem to have the problem. I can refresh this page at any time.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well shoot....I was sure hoping to wake up this morning to see this bug worked out :(

Since there has not been much interest on this thread maybe the problem isn't that wide spread. I know I can't be the only one having it though. Is it still happening on your end @classwife and @Maytwin ?

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Well shoot....I was sure hoping to wake up this morning to see this bug worked out :(

Since there has not been much interest on this thread maybe the problem isn't that wide spread. I know I can't be the only one having it though. Is it still happening on your end @classwife and @Maytwin ?

Yeppers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread