The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

refrigeration question

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by celynt, Sep 7, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. celynt

celynt Full Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Texas
    I am thinking of stocking up on a lot of e-liquid be cause I think prices may be going up in the near future
    My question is this; would storing e-liquid in the refrigerator help make its shelf life last longer?
    or would it exhilarate its shelf life?

2. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Does storing e-juice in the fridge extend shelf life?

Yes. However it is possible for some ingredients like menthol to precipitate out of solution if you do so. They can easily be redissolved by heating the bottle when you're ready to use it. Also, store your e-juice away from UV light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    A cool (not warm) and dry location out of sunlight should be more than adequate. Comercially manufactured e-liquid generally has a shelf life of 2 years. I've never read of a manufacturer recommending refrigeration.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    My general move is to store bulk nic base in the freezer. It lasts for years that way. Heat and light degrade unprotonated nic. The place with the least heat and light I got is my freezer. The only issue is the base gets thick so when I need to move a bottle to “on deck” I put it in the fridge overnight.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't think it would harm your eliquid necessarily but cool and dry is probably fine too.

IF you are going this route, however you may wish to consider DIY before it is too late. Just um, saying.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I keep all my unopened bottles in the fridge and after four years all I've opened have been pretty much the same as fresh. Not one has tasted off, NET's got better.

Flavorings in the fridge too, while concentrated nic stays in the freezer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. celynt

celynt Full Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Texas
    Wow I had no idea the shelf life for commercial e-liquid is 2 years that is awesome, thank you all for answering my question

• Like Like x 1
  8. Strangebrew2

Strangebrew2 Full Member

Supporting member
    Apr 20, 2019
    My freezer storage is growing thin. Currently down to eleven 30 ml. jugs of 100 mg. / 100% PG. Enough to last into next year. This is "Nude Nicotine" stock from December of 2016. I occasionally purchased 250 or 500 ml. jug; breaking it down into smaller vessels of 15 and/or 30 ml. (Always labeled and jugs topped with as little air space as possible.) I didn't see reason for buying a liter(s) and need Mason jars. The scare of FDA and supply becoming taxed excessively never happened, "legal substance folks."
    I been vaping for 7 years and near a month (No tobacco). Started vaping at 16 mg. and been dropping .1 mg. a month, at the age of big "60" going to be @ 8 mg. and there I'll stay. Purchased ONE bottle of premixed juice once in seven years and trashed it!
    Been in news of individuals developing lung issues related to vaping. "For you folks that buy .... and not know what ya have going in your lungs, I have some brew out in the old bath tub ya can sample!"

• Like Like x 3
  9. MagicJosh

MagicJosh Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Boston, MA, USA
    I store all my Nicotine and bulk flavors liek cappella flavor west. Yes its the best for long term freshness.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I don't vape nicotine or tobacco NET's, but all of my other DIY ingredients are kept in either a refrigerator or freezer (which depending on what it is). There is stuff in there dating as far back as over 6 years that are still viable to mix new batches with. Full bottles with no air trapped in them store the best. I have a big enough supply of the flavor concentrates, etc to carry me to my last days. But soon I am going to add a bunch more 1 liter bottles of VG and a couple more of PG that also will be enough to take me to my last day on terra firma.

• Like Like x 1
  11. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I keep my extra 60 ml bottles in can koozies in the fridge door. Only the cap pokes out and are not see through so little to no light gets to them even when the light is on or door open.

• Like Like x 1