refrigeration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Does storing e-juice in the fridge extend shelf life?

Yes. However it is possible for some ingredients like menthol to precipitate out of solution if you do so. They can easily be redissolved by heating the bottle when you're ready to use it. Also, store your e-juice away from UV light.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My general move is to store bulk nic base in the freezer. It lasts for years that way. Heat and light degrade unprotonated nic. The place with the least heat and light I got is my freezer. The only issue is the base gets thick so when I need to move a bottle to “on deck” I put it in the fridge overnight.

My freezer storage is growing thin. Currently down to eleven 30 ml. jugs of 100 mg. / 100% PG. Enough to last into next year. This is "Nude Nicotine" stock from December of 2016. I occasionally purchased 250 or 500 ml. jug; breaking it down into smaller vessels of 15 and/or 30 ml. (Always labeled and jugs topped with as little air space as possible.) I didn't see reason for buying a liter(s) and need Mason jars. The scare of FDA and supply becoming taxed excessively never happened, "legal substance folks."
I been vaping for 7 years and near a month (No tobacco). Started vaping at 16 mg. and been dropping .1 mg. a month, at the age of big "60" going to be @ 8 mg. and there I'll stay. Purchased ONE bottle of premixed juice once in seven years and trashed it!
Been in news of individuals developing lung issues related to vaping. "For you folks that buy .... and not know what ya have going in your lungs, I have some brew out in the old bath tub ya can sample!"

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I don't vape nicotine or tobacco NET's, but all of my other DIY ingredients are kept in either a refrigerator or freezer (which depending on what it is). There is stuff in there dating as far back as over 6 years that are still viable to mix new batches with. Full bottles with no air trapped in them store the best. I have a big enough supply of the flavor concentrates, etc to carry me to my last days. But soon I am going to add a bunch more 1 liter bottles of VG and a couple more of PG that also will be enough to take me to my last day on terra firma.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread