Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I am a diehard dripper. Have tried just about everything else but always come back to dripping. I get down right laughed at by the gennie users at the Memphis vape Meets! Love the HH357 but too pricey for me - my go to atty is the Vapage BF hybrid, I mainly use 1.5 ohms on a mech mod, sometimes at home I'll use a 2.5 on the Vamo. LOVE the vapage atties (NOT the universals).

Many people complain about having to drip frequently, I don't mind at all (unless I'm driving). Cigs gave me something to do with my hands and satisfied my fidgety nature - dripping does the same thing for me.

It's funny that people laugh. I mean, really? Look people can vape how they want, but when I take a drag, I like there to be some, well, drag and not feeling like I am just breathing in. I had an accident one time on the 4th of July (years ago) where a Roman Candle tipped over and ignited the whole paper bag full of the other fireworks--it was fantastic to see and scary as all get out. The thing that wasn't cool was that I ended up inhaling a lot of smoke and it really jacked me up (thoat was scratched up beyond all get out). But, I was a smoker at the time? What gives? That feeling of accidentally inhaling smoke--not first-hand as in taking a drag, but large amounts of second-hand smoke along with a ton of air--is how those other systems feel to me. Until the "control" pertains to that open window like air flow, it's not enough control for me.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ahhh good ol'e ATTY's,, funny thing because I purchased 300 of the original Eastmall LR Atty's when they 1st where introduced @ $3-ea and there still awesome today :) work super on my Reo's and for dripping, gotta love em Mr Mann

MWA! How the hell have you been? You want to see something? I got the smallest donut glass drip tip Sagewood has ever made. It was from an exchange with Sagewood about customizing and though it was difficult, they managed to make me a donut glass tip that is barely bigger than a ming. I wanted something that got me as close to the heat as possible but that wouldn't allow for spitting from my short barrel HH; this is what we came up with.

Sagewood.jpg

Those guys are really know what they are doing with glass!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Got a 901p atty along with the new Empire I got during VapeBash 2 and I've been dripping ever since. Got an HH .357 some time ago, but I've been enjoying the 901p a lot more.

Yeah EM has one of the best 901s around. The HH wasn't for me. The only way to get it to work great is to pull really hard, not my style of vaping. For people who like doing quick, hard pulls though the HH can't be beat. I've mostly retired disposables, but still take out my EM 901 premium sometimes.

Lately I've mainly been using the IGO-S. Smaller than a 510 with about the same draw. I'll always be a dripper even if I moved on to RBAs, because I keep dozens of flavors in rotation at a time. Sometimes a tank or clearo will come out where people say it tastes as good as an atty. From what I've tried, they don't. At best they taste ALMOST as good, and for me almost just doesn't cut it when flavor is the most important thing to me with vaping. Even if they come out with a clearo that tastes as good as an atty it's still no use to me, I'm not going to keep 50+ filled clearos around for switching flavor.

And truth is, I just really like dripping :D

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yeah EM has one of the best 901s around. The HH wasn't for me. The only way to get it to work great is to pull really hard, not my style of vaping. For people who like doing quick, hard pulls though the HH can't be beat. I've mostly retired disposables, but still take out my EM 901 premium sometimes.

Lately I've mainly been using the IGO-S. Smaller than a 510 with about the same draw. I'll always be a dripper even if I moved on to RBAs, because I keep dozens of flavors in rotation at a time. Sometimes a tank or clearo will come out where people say it tastes as good as an atty. From what I've tried, they don't. At best they taste ALMOST as good, and for me almost just doesn't cut it when flavor is the most important thing to me with vaping. Even if they come out with a clearo that tastes as good as an atty it's still no use to me, I'm not going to keep 50+ filled clearos around for switching flavor.

And truth is, I just really like dripping :D

If an IGO-S has a similar hit, as in the feel of it, to a regular atty, I am all for it. I have no qualms with tinkering, but it's all about the hit for me.

chrisrook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2013
Bradenton
I have to say, flavor consistency is the one problem I have had with anything else, and that includes my RBA. I can make a tight coil and get amazing flavor on one juice, but none on another. I make a loose coil, poor flavor on the first, amazing on the second. I think i'm becoming a atty ...... I mean, in the past 2 weeks alone i've tried 4 different attys and am looking for more! I checked out the ones you suggested Mr. Mann, and really intrigued by the HH.

I just found out my local B&M just started carrying the shotgun atty accessory. So, i'm in the market for a lot of Joye or equivalent 510 attys ranging in resistance from low (for regular, single use) to high (for dual use). Anyone know of a vendor that has them at a decent price regularly? I saw Mr. Mann said Digitalciggz has them every now and then, but i'm looking for something more consistent.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
If an IGO-S has a similar hit, as in the feel of it, to a regular atty, I am all for it. I have no qualms with tinkering, but it's all about the hit for me.

Oh yeah, I know you'd dig a good dripping RBA J. The people in the RBA section are always modding their IGO-S and IGO-L to make the air-hole bigger so they can blow bigger clouds like with a Genny, but for us old-school drippers that like some resistance the small air-hole is perfect. With a small wick on an IGO-S switching flavors is easy too, only difference is I add 5+ drops instead of 2+ with a disposable. The vape is always the same too instead of the variations between each disposable, nothing get's muted.

One thing you may not like is the air-hole on the side. Like a 901 atty, it can leak if you vape with the hole pointing down.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Anyone ever try the Cannon at Ikenvape? That was one of the most interesting atties I've used, a modified 801 with a 510 connection. The space inside is HUGE compared to 510s. The vape was really cool (temp) and the throat hit really light, but flavor was amazing. Leaked like a sieve though.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Anyone ever try the Cannon at Ikenvape? That was one of the most interesting atties I've used, a modified 801 with a 510 connection. The space inside is HUGE compared to 510s. The vape was really cool (temp) and the throat hit really light, but flavor was amazing. Leaked like a sieve though.

Yeah, I tried it, but lo and behod, 'twas too light on the hit and too cool on the palate. I will say, IKV does some interesting things on good ol' standard attys. The regular IKV atties are fantastic for the price. Hell, they even make good cartos, but I digress.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Yeah, I tried it, but lo and behod, 'twas to light on the pull and to cool on the palate. I will say, IKV does some interesting things on good ol' standard attys. The standard IKV atties are fantastic for the price. Hell, they even make good cartos, but I digress.

Yep, too airy, but I don't mind a cool vape. I use long drip tips a lot for a cooler vape.

That donut DT is pretty cool Mann, but I have a fix that the maker of the HH suggested for their spitty atties for those that don't have a donut DT. Take the removed bridge from an atty and put it in a drip tip. Doesn't change the draw and works like a charm. I don't mind a little hot spittle from my atty though, it's how they tell me they love me. A lover's hot, bitter kiss lol.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yep, too airy, but I don't mind a cool vape. I use long drip tips a lot for a cooler vape.

That donut DT is pretty cool Mann, but I have a fix that the maker of the HH suggested for their spitty atties for those that don't have a donut DT. Take the removed bridge from an atty and put it in a drip tip. Doesn't change the draw and works like a charm. I don't mind a little hot spittle from my atty though, it's how they tell me they love me. A lover's hot, bitter kiss lol.

That didn't work for me and it ended up collecting liquid in the tip. Plus, as hard as I pull, hell, that thing didn't stop the seepage. I still have yesteryear's drawing habits. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread