Regular Atty Drippers (A Dying Breed?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
That didn't work for me and it ended up collecting liquid in the tip. Plus, as hard as I pull, hell, that thing didn't stop the seepage. I still have yesteryear's drawing habits. :D

Lol. I've always prefered the slow, lazy vapes. Had to pump myself up to use the HH.. alright time to hit this B! Sluuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrp. My mouth is so small it would be full of air almost right away hitting the HH as hard as it needs, so I adapted a modified mouth/lung hit to use it.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

boog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2012
us
I actually like bridged attys more than unbridged... short transparent plastic drip tips are the only ones I use...
I like tiny devices.

ObJweEhl.jpg

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I think the whole idea of debridging an atomizer is just wrong.

I have debridged my Joyes ONLY when used with w2v tobaccos (or similar dense particulate matter juices) as they gunk up, not the coil, but the wick--so I have to remove it. The bridge attys, as in Joyes, give the absolute best, IMO, TH. I keep some bridge-free attys around, but Joye brings me the most, I dunno, JOY! LOL

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The whole idea of debridging an atomizer started because people said they were getting a burnt taste, and that debridging fixed that.

The burnt taste was supposedly coming from burnt wicking material in the bridges.
But we all know that the silica wicking material does not burn, so it was more likely burnt gunk accumulating on the wicking material.

The proper solution, in my opinion, is to do a dry burn, not remove the bridge.

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
I think the whole idea of debridging an atomizer is just wrong.

I think it's just a preference thing. If a bridged atty isn't working right I remove the bridge and it would usually fix any issue. If it's working well with the bridge I leave it in.

I have debridged my Joyes ONLY when used with w2v tobaccos (or similar dense particulate matter juices) as they gunk up, not the coil, but the wick--so I have to remove it. The bridge attys, as in Joyes, give the absolute best, IMO, TH. I keep some bridge-free attys around, but Joye brings me the most, I dunno, JOY! LOL

The whole idea of debridging an atomizer started because people said they were getting a burnt taste, and that debridging fixed that.

The burnt taste was supposedly coming from burnt wicking material in the bridges.
But we all know that the silica wicking material does not burn, so it was more likely burnt gunk accumulating on the wicking material.

The proper solution, in my opinion, is to do a dry burn, not remove the bridge.

ALL THE OPINIONS!!! :lol:

The one I debridged stopped producing vapor and would do nothing but leak, even after cleaning and dry burning. Since it was a lost cause at that point I figured debridging it was worth a shot: either my broken atty would be more broken, or it would work. Luckily it was door number 2.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
ALL THE OPINIONS!!! :lol:

The one I debridged stopped producing vapor and would do nothing but leak, even after cleaning and dry burning. Since it was a lost cause at that point I figured debridging it was worth a shot: either my broken atty would be more broken, or it would work. Luckily it was door number 2.

This happened to a friend of mine and I showed him how to de-bridge; after he did it, it began working again.

Bridge, no bridge, I like my attys.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
The one you debridged... so you figured you would try debridging it?
Confused... please clarify...
:)

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
People have opinions on don't debridge, don't dry burn, don't clean, clean often. I say figure out what works best for you. I'm in the clean often, dry burn only when necessary, and remove bridge if performance is lacking, camp. Whatever works for a particular person the best is the only "right" way.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
I don't know if you've seen my posts about Digitalciggz (or maybe you saw it on ........?), but they have been frequently having joyetech attys (the real deal) on sale for 9.95 for a pack of 5. I have gotten so many that I am not sure if I'll ever run out. They have the sale about every month and a half and I generally pick up about 15-20 each time (though I gave a bunch away like an idiot). After the sale, they go back to being about $40 for a 5 pack.

I am so happy to see ol' schoolers still working the circuit! Drip baby drip.

Dang, you'll be my new best friend iffin you'll PM me when you see a sale like that again! ;)

3 year vet on old school 510LR atty dripper here. I've wasted my $$ on cartos, Visions, and other have-ta-have's only to keep going back to the setup that gives me the cleanest, warmest vape I've found.

Gonna keep tabs on this thread to see if y'all know where to find the elusive bargains on good ol' oldies!

Thanks for the thread, Mr. Mann.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I never dry burn and only clean with hot tap water.

Alcohol soak for me. It's one or the other if you vape dark juices, clean often or dry burn often. I've had atties last months with no need to dry burn when cleaned every few days, and the performance stays good as new before burning. Before I started cleaning regularly I had an atty last a year just blowing it out and dry burning. I think most long term drippers has experienced an atty that just won't die.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Dang, you'll be my new best friend iffin you'll PM me when you see a sale like that again! ;)

3 year vet on old school 510LR atty dripper here. I've wasted my $$ on cartos, Visions, and other have-ta-have's only to keep going back to the setup that gives me the cleanest, warmest vape I've found.

Gonna keep tabs on this thread to see if y'all know where to find the elusive bargains on good ol' oldies!

Thanks for the thread, Mr. Mann.

No problemo! I didn't want this to be a thread bashing other set-ups, or a thread about comparing the two; I just think it could help for us to have a place to share ideas about OUR favorite way of vaping.

I will post here, or send you a PM as soon as Digitalciggz does it again. The last time they did it they had the price at 10.95 as opposed to 9.95, but they had all the colors available and not just the black ones (they original only had the black ones on the sale). Free shipping on orders over $20 (I think), and first time buyers get a discount code on top of that. Ciggz10 is the discount code for 12 time shoppers. My second purchase I got 20 Joyes standard ohm for $35.82.

p.s. I know I used ciggz10 twice, but once I set up an account, I couldn't use it again for the third purchase--take that to mean what you like.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
The only way I clean my atomizers is to use the classic dry burn method...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/69834-my-atty-resurrection-method.html

In my opinion, every other way is just wrong.
Although I seem to remember having played the "just wrong" card once already.

Properly cleaning my atty I had no need to "ressurect" it, but since it works for for you it must be right. Like I said, the only right way is whatever works best for the individual.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
We are officially clear on why or why not to debridge an atty; who cleans and who dry burns. Thanks you to all the participants. LOL.

Moving on...

In related news, I just got off the phone with DigitalCiggz and they told me that they would call me to let me know of the next sale. Supposedly an email goes out for those that have an account, but I don't remember getting one last time. Stay tuned...

Who here likes the Aeors from Avidvaper? All reports I have heard from behind the scenes say--and, well, my experience tells me the same--that those are the same as EM mods 510 attys. The one difference is the EM attys are less expensive, like half the cost.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What is proper cleaning?

I can imagine that there are various cleaning materials/methods that can clear out dried up juice.
And I can imagine that there are various cleaning materials/methods that can take off a small bit of burnt on gunk.

But there have been many experiments back in 2009 threads where nothing has been shown to get all the burnt on gunk off.
Other than dry burning, that is.

So if you use a cleaning method that can keep the burnt on gunk from piling up, then you may never need to dry burn.
But that's too much work for me.

I just wait until I notice any decrease in performance, and then I dry burn.
And afterwards my atomizer is as good as new.

If you want to "clean" using some other method, on a more frequent basis, that is probably a better approach.
Just too much work for me, because I am just that lazy.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Sorry to derail your thread Mann :banghead:

But just a simple reply to the previous post, the trick is to NOT get burned on or dried on gunk on your coil, which is accomplished by always keeping it wet and dripping right when the flavor starts to diminish. If carbon builds up, drying burning needs to be done since cleaning with alcohol won't work.

As far as Aero, loved the 510, didn't care for the 306. I have a yet unopened EM 510 so can't comare it to that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread