Regulated pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Hey guys and gals, I'm looking for a pen-ish mod which would be regulated. You know, looking like all those mech beauties with the fire button under it but it would still need to have buttons for adjustments. Are there any out in the market? Suggestions, or even photos would be much appreciated. See, I'm really jealous of the image of those mechs but still don't wanna care too much about my builds and stuff. Just don't have enough time or willingness to swim in those waters.:danger:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
EHpro 101
Ehpro-101-Pro-75W-TC-MOD.jpg

Cheers
I

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks. Are there any of those with the fire button on the bottom?
No, the fire button is on the side of the tube with all of them.

I've always wondered why most tube mech mods have the fire button on the bottom. It would be more "natural" for it to be on the side of the tube like most regulated tubes have theirs. I always found the bottom of the tube fire buttons to be awkward to use, but my fingers are relatively weak and arthritic, so that is my excuse for not caring for them.

I've come to the conclusion that mech mod manufacturers put it at the end of the tube because it is simply easier and less complicated for them to make it that way (piston-style mechanism).

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I've always wondered why most mech mods have the fire button on the bottom. It would be more "natural" for it to be on the side of the tube
it is simply easier for them to make it that way
That's only a side effect.
As a primary reason I'd say the switch needs to be able to take an arseload of current which means it will have some heft built into it. Having such a switch on the side of a mod would look awkward. If you look at mech boxes the switch is sleek on the outside but either doesn't actually conduct the current or is considerably more massive inside.
You either have to abandon the tube style and make some sort of bump/hump (which likely will always catch when you try to get it out of your pocket), make the tube a hilarious diameter for the battery it carries or do what the greek mod makers used to do: make the mod longer to house an internal mechanism (the switch still sticks out some).
3801cc7f1f38fc347ed9dae907eaa8da.jpg

So it mainly comes down to space efficiency for the massive switch a mech needs.

Coincidentally it's also easier to manufacture the .... switch (as we call it in Germany) ;)

As to the OP, the options for vapenises have pretty much been laid out
high end -> dicodes
lower end -> uwell nunchaku or ehpro 101 (which I believe is discontinued so may be hard to find)

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
My wife prefers pens. When she removed my JAC Vapour Sandstorm from the package while I talked to her on the phone, well.... It's her favorite vape device now.

It's not a pen, but it's not a box either.

IMG_20180925_142935.jpg

Left is the 22mm series B.
Right is the Sandstorm.

Picture is a screenshot from the JAC Vapour sight.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Since the Innokin VV has been suggested, you might also consider the Innokin JEM/Goby (internal battery starter kit ~ $25). Sort of a glorified eGo battery in a different form factor and a few extra features. 5 variable wattage settings (10 - 13.5 watts). Rudimentary battery life indicator. May need two of these to be able to vape all day as it is only a 1000mah battery.) Lightweight and easy to carry in a pocket or purse.

images

jem-3.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
So, I think I'm going to get the Ehpro Armor Prime mod. They call it a semi-mech mod but I've read it still has all the protections for a guy not familiar with mechs. Any ideas which one of the following batteries would be the best for this kind of a mod?

-30A 3100mAh 20700
-Panasonic/Sanyo NCR20700B 4000mAh 15A
-IJOY 20700 3000mAh High Drain- 40A

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
So, I think I'm going to get the Ehpro Armor Prime mod.
...I'm looking for a pen-ish mod which would be regulated.... it would still need to have buttons for adjustments. :danger:

The prime is NOT even close to what you described in your OP.
However, for about $20, it's cheap enough to try.
It looks like the sweet spot is between .2Ω and .6Ω.
If you build in that range, it should provide a a decent vape.

Cheers
I

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
The prime is NOT even close to what you described in your OP.
However, for about $20, it's cheap enough to try.
It looks like the sweet spot is between .2Ω and .6Ω.
If you build in that range, it should provide a a decent vape.

Cheers
I
I know bud. Have you had any experience with that mod? Is it good/strong? Any ideas about my question about the batteries I should be using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread