Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yes the diameter is huge, I have come to accept its loveable bullet shape. I'm not buyig a 28 mm tank,.

Still think it is a way better vape in quality than the Ephro I was not at all impressed. It's probably the best option I guess. I found the machining to be rahter poor (personally_) and the 22 mm version (whcih I have) IDK, it was just the suck for me.

I suppose it's your best option. It's not BAD exactly but it is super MEH.

Otherwise, you go to dicodes. If you can afford that, it is your best bet they make some killer tubes....at povety inducing prices.

Anna

I'm fine with the EHPro vape (same model as you). Is it Dicodes good? No, of course not. But one costs $20, and the other.... "More". :ohmy:

Nowhere near the build quality either, but for a cheap imitation, I still feel it's quite good. I LOVE my Dani V3 tube, and I LIKE my EHPro. Again though, that's like comparing apples & cauliflower. ;)

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dood I had to look that up in the dictionary and I'm STILL not entirely clear. LOL.

Yes I did say eh, meh and suck, I also said it wasn't TERRIBLE. I was comparing it to a provari, to be honest. I don't think it's a great product OR a terrible one. It is proably one of the more cost effective options. but it's exactly sort of what I said, not terrilbe, not fantastic.

Do you think it's remotely comperable to a provari? Just don't want the person to be disappointed. Etc.

Anna

VicHaze

Dec 4, 2019
The EHPro 101+ (75W version that takes 20700/21700 battery too) performs very well. Only needs to get used to the ‘one button’ control of the menu and settings.
You also got the ‘cheaper’ Cthulhu Tube Mod, which has two size configuration (18350 and 18650).
The Vapor Giant plain Tube Mod is another lower price ‘high end’ tube mod.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Many former Provari owners have switched to the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W. I have two.

JAC Vapour Series-B DNA 75w

images
cleito.jpg

imind

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
cleveland
sorry i haven't been able to check in and much thanks to those who have replied! i forgot just how helpful this community is!!

Ehpro mod 101. Fires up to 50 watts. Uses a single 18350, 18500, or 18650. Single button menu operation. 510 connection will handle up to 22 mm atomizers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
thanks! going to be looking into this and hopefully find a US vendor as another person noted.

One downside I found from another forum thread is that after a certain time of not using it (not sure how much time), it turns itself off and you have to click 5 times to turn it back on. Then, when you turn it back on, you have to tell it whether the coil is a new coil or the same coil as the last time it was used. But not sure if that is only in temp control mode or not.

In reality, you don't have many options anyway.

this is good info to have and thank you! this might actually be dealbreaker as i am getting one for my mother as well and don't want her to have to deal with all of that.

Modern 18350 batteries are unreliable. Better get a reliable small mod with 21700 batteries in a very tube way. You need a little modernizing although you might not feel like it. Two mods to recommend, Vaporesso Armour Pro and Wismec Sinuous P80. Forget about tube mods, thing from the past.

thank you for these...i might have to do this but am going to look around some more.

:blink:

I find the 18350 batts to be just fine if one wants the small mode in a tube device. AND, I find tube mods to be absolutely a marvelous vape choice if one does NOT want a box mod. I disagree that they are a "thing from the past". They are as viable as they ever were. (Just ask any Provarinati ;) )

Depending on your budget, @imind, you might want to look at the Dani tube mods. They are expensive and extraordinary.

Tube Mods

If not, I agree with the previous posters that the EHpro 101 mod might suit your needs. You might also luck out and find a used Provi in great condition.

Good luck, and if you like, let us know what you decide! :)

thanks for the words of encouragement...oh, and i am a member of the provarinati! i have a 2 and 3 but need to get them serviced and was hoping to get a tube mod for my mother as well.

There are likely quite a few ProVari 2.5 out there and a number of vapers who don't use them. Now that the classifieds are opened up you can make a "want to buy" thread to see what's available. A mini with an extension tube and extended end cap would fit 18350 and 18650 batteries, button top only though. Good luck!

thanks! i do have 2 provaris but need to send them away to get serviced. i am also looking for one for my mother so if i don't find one i might just get her a used one from the classifieds.

For something on the little odd but ABSOLUTELY loveable side I might recommend the Tesla Punk 86w TUBE mod. It feels GREAT in the hand, it is a tube (albeit a rather fat one) and it takes 18650s and should do what you want.)

One of my ALL time favorite mods. Strange looking beast, but in the BEST way. It is infinity times better than the Ephro 101 honeslly.

th

Good luck deciding.

Anna

those are gorgeous and my mom would love it...too bad its so wide though, probably too big for her hands.

thanks again to everyone!

imind

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
cleveland
Many former Provari owners have switched to the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W. I have two.

i am only noticing now that you had posted in this thread. good to see that you're still around. i remember you from years ago when i first started and owe you a great debt in getting me off cigarettes. your beginner instructions blogs were fantastic, i actually miss using cartomizers. thank you for everything!!

i'm wondering what kind of tank setup you're using these days? are you rebuilding or buying premade?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i am only noticing now that you had posted in this thread. good to see that you're still around. i remember you from years ago when i first started and owe you a great debt in getting me off cigarettes. your beginner instructions blogs were fantastic, i actually miss using cartomizers. thank you for everything!!

i'm wondering what kind of tank setup you're using these days? are you rebuilding or buying premade?
Thank you for the kind words. :thumb:

Although I know how to rebuild, I've become lazy in my retirement years and now use modern clearomizer tanks almost exclusively. I've been using the Original Uwell Crown clearo with the 0.5 ohm factory replacement coils for about 4 - 5 years now. I stopped recommending them a year ago as it appeared that Uwell was discontinuing the coils, but apparently the popularity of the tank and coils has prompted Uwell to continue production. IMHO, still the best clearomizer tank and coils ever made.
Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank | E-Cigarette Forum
JAC Vapor series B DNA75W | E-Cigarette Forum
I occassionally use the Geekvape Cerberus sub-ohm tank, because they came to me free for doing reviews for the Aegis Mini and Solo, but its also a pretty decent tank. Geekvape doesn't make a coil for the wattage range I prefer (25 - 30 watts), so I find I need to turn the wattage way down on the 0.2 ohm mesh coil to about 15 - 20 watts instead of its recommended 30 - 90 watts. Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

full

Original Crown tank on JAC Vapour DNA75
Geekvap Cerberus tank on Aegis Solo and Aegis Mini

I also like the Freemax Fireluke 2 clearo tank, which sits on my backup JAC Vapour 75W. It does have a major downside to it as its top juice fill doesn't lock properly and can leak an entire tankfull of juice if you're not extremely careful.

KIT REVIEW: Freemax Twister 80W and Fire Luke 2 Tank

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
thanks! i do have 2 provaris but need to send them away to get serviced. i am also looking for one for my mother so if i don't find one i might just get her a used one from the classifieds.

Since you've been away for a while you might not have heard that Provape closed down. There is one guy who used to work there who still services Provaris, though he stopped earlier this year. Last I heard he was planning to start back up towards the end of this year but I don't know if that happened. Here's his contact info anyway.

Bill provarirepair@gmail.com

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Also if you need your PV in the hospital, I would do it sooner rather than later. He is running out of new parts and is putting "refurbished" boards into some of them, was the email I got last from him.

My PV came back looking and working great but I am not so sure how much longer he will be around. Etc.

Anna

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
sorry i haven't been able to check in and much thanks to those who have replied! i forgot just how helpful this community is!!

thanks! going to be looking into this and hopefully find a US vendor asthis is good info to have and thank you! this might actually be dealbreaker as i am getting one for my mother as well and don't want her to have to deal with all of that.

thank you for these...i might have to do this but am going to look around some more.

thanks for the words of encouragement...oh, and i am a member of the provarinati! i have a 2 and 3 but need to get them serviced and was hoping to get a tube mod for my mother as well.

those are gorgeous and my mom would love it...too bad its so wide though, probably too big for her hands.

thanks again to everyone!

Never mind ——-
Im a newish provari owner and was just kind of servicing they may need and where you send it to get it serviced.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread