The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

need new mod like provari v2/2.5

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by imind, Dec 7, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm fine with the EHPro vape (same model as you). Is it Dicodes good? No, of course not. But one costs $20, and the other.... "More". :ohmy:

Nowhere near the build quality either, but for a cheap imitation, I still feel it's quite good. I LOVE my Dani V3 tube, and I LIKE my EHPro. Again though, that's like comparing apples & cauliflower. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    OOOH! What's for dinner!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I don't think I said the Ephro was bad, just not the greatest machining and kind of "eh." I don't hate it. I also don't think it's good either.

But, yeah it is a bit like comparing Charlotte to Wilbur. They should have eaten the pig and saved the spider.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Katdarling

Katdarling Blinged mods and poli-TIX ready! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    No, you didn't say it was bad. Just "eh, meh, and suck" for you.

Vaping is subjunctive.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Walter Ladd

Walter Ladd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 18, 2018
    Dicodes - Mods & Accessories
    The dicodes are comparable to the provari.
    They are very well made. I have two. Expensive too but worth it in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Dood I had to look that up in the dictionary and I'm STILL not entirely clear. LOL.

Yes I did say eh, meh and suck, I also said it wasn't TERRIBLE. I was comparing it to a provari, to be honest. I don't think it's a great product OR a terrible one. It is proably one of the more cost effective options. but it's exactly sort of what I said, not terrilbe, not fantastic.

Do you think it's remotely comperable to a provari? Just don't want the person to be disappointed. Etc.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  7. VicHaze

VicHaze Full Member

Dec 4, 2019
    The EHPro 101+ (75W version that takes 20700/21700 battery too) performs very well. Only needs to get used to the ‘one button’ control of the menu and settings.
    You also got the ‘cheaper’ Cthulhu Tube Mod, which has two size configuration (18350 and 18650).
    The Vapor Giant plain Tube Mod is another lower price ‘high end’ tube mod.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. imind

imind Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    cleveland
    sorry i haven't been able to check in and much thanks to those who have replied! i forgot just how helpful this community is!!

thanks! going to be looking into this and hopefully find a US vendor as another person noted.

this is good info to have and thank you! this might actually be dealbreaker as i am getting one for my mother as well and don't want her to have to deal with all of that.

thank you for these...i might have to do this but am going to look around some more.

thanks for the words of encouragement...oh, and i am a member of the provarinati! i have a 2 and 3 but need to get them serviced and was hoping to get a tube mod for my mother as well.

thanks! i do have 2 provaris but need to send them away to get serviced. i am also looking for one for my mother so if i don't find one i might just get her a used one from the classifieds.

those are gorgeous and my mom would love it...too bad its so wide though, probably too big for her hands.

thanks again to everyone!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. imind

imind Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    cleveland
    i am only noticing now that you had posted in this thread. good to see that you're still around. i remember you from years ago when i first started and owe you a great debt in getting me off cigarettes. your beginner instructions blogs were fantastic, i actually miss using cartomizers. thank you for everything!!

i'm wondering what kind of tank setup you're using these days? are you rebuilding or buying premade?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. DPLongo22

DPLongo22 Open mind for a different view... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Some stockpilers have been known to still throw one into rotation every now and then. ;):D:vapor:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Thank you for the kind words. :thumb:

Although I know how to rebuild, I've become lazy in my retirement years and now use modern clearomizer tanks almost exclusively. I've been using the Original Uwell Crown clearo with the 0.5 ohm factory replacement coils for about 4 - 5 years now. I stopped recommending them a year ago as it appeared that Uwell was discontinuing the coils, but apparently the popularity of the tank and coils has prompted Uwell to continue production. IMHO, still the best clearomizer tank and coils ever made.
    Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank | E-Cigarette Forum
    JAC Vapor series B DNA75W | E-Cigarette Forum
    I occassionally use the Geekvape Cerberus sub-ohm tank, because they came to me free for doing reviews for the Aegis Mini and Solo, but its also a pretty decent tank. Geekvape doesn't make a coil for the wattage range I prefer (25 - 30 watts), so I find I need to turn the wattage way down on the 0.2 ohm mesh coil to about 15 - 20 watts instead of its recommended 30 - 90 watts. Aegis Mini vs Aegis Solo: Reviews

[​IMG]

Original Crown tank on JAC Vapour DNA75
    Geekvap Cerberus tank on Aegis Solo and Aegis Mini

I also like the Freemax Fireluke 2 clearo tank, which sits on my backup JAC Vapour 75W. It does have a major downside to it as its top juice fill doesn't lock properly and can leak an entire tankfull of juice if you're not extremely careful.

KIT REVIEW: Freemax Twister 80W and Fire Luke 2 Tank

• Like Like x 2
  13. englishmick

englishmick Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Since you've been away for a while you might not have heard that Provape closed down. There is one guy who used to work there who still services Provaris, though he stopped earlier this year. Last I heard he was planning to start back up towards the end of this year but I don't know if that happened. Here's his contact info anyway.

Bill provarirepair@gmail.com

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. stols001

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Also if you need your PV in the hospital, I would do it sooner rather than later. He is running out of new parts and is putting "refurbished" boards into some of them, was the email I got last from him.

My PV came back looking and working great but I am not so sure how much longer he will be around. Etc.

Anna

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Never mind ——-
    Im a newish provari owner and was just kind of servicing they may need and where you send it to get it serviced.

• Like Like x 1