Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I started with cigalikes. What you want is a more user friendly, higher capacity version of what you're using. A cigalike with an automatic battery. I still use them in my office.

One that works really well, has a decent (but still not great) battery life (280mAh), and user friendly tanks (not cartos) that last a long time if you don't abuse them. Downside is the cost, which is a tad high.

incrediPen - handheld vaporizer with a new comfortable mouthpiece design and a stylus tip for controlling smartphones.

I continue to use V2Cigs as my back up at work. They also have a 380mAh automatic battery available, and the tanks they use are actually Kanger tanks that you can get pretty cheap at Fasttech.

Electronic Cigarettes | V2 Cigs

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have been using blu rechargables for about 2 years on and off. I recently got into refilling the cartos with third party juice to save some money, and I am beginning to wonder how I could do better than blu in other ways. I have read lots of unfavorable reviews of blu products and a lot of unsolicited interjections of opinions when a dissenter appears, so I am hoping those more learned than me will line up to tell me why I should not settle on what I have. The following are my deal-breakers that invalidate your suggestion from my point of view:

- more expensive than blu
- even worse battery life
- even worse cartomizer life
- thicker or heavier than the blu unit, i.e. I am now holding my blu between my lips comfortably and I have been for an hour, this is vital.
- looks like a dildo or a ..... That's mostly prerequisite for the above point, but I have enough hassle in airport security already, so no dildos or bongs please.
- need to push a button or something to use it, i.e. I am using my blu without taking my fingers away from typing and this is vital.

So please, blu haters, point me to a better place.

1:
If you are happy with your blu's for 2 whole years already, then great.
I started with disposable cigalikes myself, and the big motivator to upgrade from that was cost

2:
If you do decide to try something else out, at least after 2 years with the Blu you know you can just go back to blu instead of going back to cigarettes

3:
You recently got into refilling the cartos with third party liquids.
That was another incentive for me to look for tank type systems where I could try out any liquid, and not be restricted to the liquids that the carto types came with.
Additionally, the filler/wicking material inside the carto-types made a lot of difference to the taste and I wanted to be able to experiment/control that, and not be at the mercy of the particular product.

Reactions: Baditude

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I have been using blu rechargables for about 2 years on and off. I recently got into refilling the cartos with third party juice to save some money, and I am beginning to wonder how I could do better than blu in other ways. I have read lots of unfavorable reviews of blu products and a lot of unsolicited interjections of opinions when a dissenter appears, so I am hoping those more learned than me will line up to tell me why I should not settle on what I have. The following are my deal-breakers that invalidate your suggestion from my point of view:

- thicker or heavier than the blu unit, i.e. I am now holding my blu between my lips comfortably and I have been for an hour, this is vital.
- looks like a dildo or a ..... That's mostly prerequisite for the above point, but I have enough hassle in airport security already, so no dildos or bongs please.
- need to push a button or something to use it, i.e. I am using my blu without taking my fingers away from typing and this is vital.

If you want decent cig a likes that have refillable cartos and stomp on the blu. Check out the halo g6. It's like a better version of the blu. Do you travel a lot? I think a big mod might not be bad for you for home use but I understand the security issue. Halo g6 is great option just don't accidentally wash the batteries like I did lol. Makes me kinda wanna get a new one.

Reactions: Electrodave

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
The new Blu is actually pretty good. I enjoy it, but the cost of the tanks is way too high. If you want a great cigalike..get the joyetech eroll. Its lighter than the Blu..and you use your own juice. It comes with a PCC so it is always charged as long as you put it back in the PCC after use. It charges while intact..really nice feature. You just have to buy the atomizers every so often. Find a juice you like, fill up the little tank and hands free vape all you want. I use the eroll as my only set up, Blu plus is my back up.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ

Sorry, I don't give advice to people that tell me how to give advice

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Yeah this looks a lot like how I refill mine, haven't tried the overnight soak out of fear that it will end up flooding down onto the battery contact. There must be something I am doing wrong if those cartos can last forever. But that's a different thread.

If memory serves correctly, Blu is 510 threaded... so any 510 threaded carto will work (but not low resistance ones). You can buy blanks online that have easy-to-remove rubber caps.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
What is a mark ten and what's wrong with it? Another cigalike?

yes, I wouldn't bother, the cartos don't last long but the taste is very good (they have a new mint). And the batts don't last long, either.

ONly disposables that are good IMHO are the White Cloud Flings. One will last you all day or 2-3 days. About cigarillo sized.

Hmmm, you don't want to press a button......have you considered the Joyetech eRoll? Hits hard, and very classy. They have a huge following. YOu can fill your own tanks ---takes 0.5 ml. I have had great luck with the atties.....I boil them and mine last over a month each one! You can actually rebuild them with cotton *you tube video* ... the coils themselves hardly ever go bad.

Joyetech eRoll : User REVIEW | E-Cigarette Forum
JOYETECH ERoll | E-Cigarette Forum

All eroll posts:
Joyetech eRoll *Mini* | E-Cigarette Forum

If your blu is 510 threaded, maybe try an esmart clearomizer. :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Just a suggestion but why not use the cig-a-likes when needed and also get yourself an upgraded unit for other times. If you use a 510 cig-a-like the cartomizers can be used on most any unit. For example a twist battery is not that much bigger but would give you some adjustment in your vape.

Also a good option. For when you CAN press a button.

I like the simple evod kits with evod clearomizers. Low prices, too!

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I just wanted to say I started out using blue as well. now I. make my own coils, make my own juice and have a wonderful unit that has kept me from smoking for a year and 1/2. Thanks to this forum.Never settle! be a sponge and LEARN as much as you can! if something does not satisfie you, move forward until you are happy.

Last edited:

sqykly

Sep 16, 2015
The new Blu is actually pretty good. I enjoy it, but the cost of the tanks is way too high. If you want a great cigalike..get the joyetech eroll. Its lighter than the Blu..and you use your own juice. It comes with a PCC so it is always charged as long as you put it back in the PCC after use. It charges while intact..really nice feature. You just have to buy the atomizers every so often. Find a juice you like, fill up the little tank and hands free vape all you want. I use the eroll as my only set up, Blu plus is my back up.

It's actually lighter? I bet I don't need to buy attys as often as I have to buy cartos now... I can get a week to a month out of these, depending on viscosity, residue, and probably lots of factors I am totally ignorant of. I'm definitely going to look into this, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread