The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Remembering Robin

Discussion in 'Heather's Heavenly Vapes' started by Bronze, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Same here. I recall getting out of bounds a few times myself and being gently chastised by Robin, too. Funny how brand loyalty (Provari) can get you fired up in a heated debate. Other moderators might close the thread on the spot for getting out of hand. But Robin understood it was all in fun and just gave us a fair warning to reign it in "tongue in cheek" style. Maybe because Robin had multiple Provari's, she understood the brand loyalty thing, but being an ECF moderator she had a job to do and she did it in the kindest and most effective way possible. She was definitely a "people person".

To husband Rick, my prayers go out to you and your family. You undoubtedly married your best friend, and she was like a best friend to all of us on ECF who knew her as Robino1.

• Love Love x 14
    • Like Like x 5
  2. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Robin was an amazing, giving person. A true inspiration. I am honored I got to meet her in person, she blew away my expectations of what a wonderful woman she was.

Godspeed Robin. My deepest condolences to you, her family. Know in your hearts we were all blessed to have her in our lives.

Gone from our lives but never from our hearts.

• Love Love x 10
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. B2L

B2L Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    I was honored to be at the Florida meet up recently. I had little interaction with Robin previously as we frequented different threads but when we met it was like reuniting with an old friend. Robin had a knack for making you comfortable and even at that stage had such a upbeat, positive attitude that it was infectious. She was the very definition of courageous, facing what was in front of her head on, and inspirational in her outlook and attitude.

D65D787B-2994-4B3D-9322-B4463F87D312.jpeg

• Love Love x 16
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Lt. Col. Killjoy

Lt. Col. Killjoy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana
    I don't come around much anymore, but I have always loved Robin. Sincerest condolences to her family, she was one of a kind.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 5
  5. Bea-FL

Bea-FL Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    B2L I love this picture :wub:. I can't remember what made us all crack up.

BTW as soon as hubs recovers from his bypass we'll come visit you.

• Like Like x 10
  6. kas122461

kas122461 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA
    I have been trying to come up with what to say sense the announcement. I never really had a lot of direct interaction with Robin, or really anyone else here on ECF. I kind of stick to a few threads, and usually only post when I really have something to contribute to the conversation. That being said I do read a lot of posts, and after 5 years of reading someone’s posts, you kind of feel like you have gotten to know them. Every time I see these posts about Robin it just brings me to tears. It kind of surprises me that I feel this way about someone, I never really met in person. I guess I just need to say that even though I kind of do a lot of lurking and reading, I am going to miss her. My prayers go out to her family and friends, who really knew her. It is hard losing some one close to you, and thou you never forget the difference they made in your life, it does get easier with time.

KAS

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Katmar

Katmar Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Happy Birthday, Robin....your pain is gone and we celebrate that, but you are missed and loved by so many....I know you are keeping a close watch over your family and friends. :wub:

• Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    It was a punch in the stomach when I got the birthday notification.

Happy Birthday sweet Robin. I miss you.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 2
  9. MKBarca

MKBarca Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2014
    Northern Ireland
    Bronze, I’ve just seen this thread. Been a long time reader in the ECF threads but only really began posting I think during the time of the Kayfun 5. I’ve read every single page from the Kayfun Lite days up to the more recent models.

Robin’s posts always stuck out. Obviously I didn’t know the lady at all but she seemed funny and liked by everyone. After a very long time of reading posts by certain people, it’s almost as if you know them personally. In a strange way I suppose. Shocked at the news of her passing and my sincerest condolences to everyone who knew and loved her.

And that tribute that you have written here Bronze, is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever read.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Bimini Twist

Bimini Twist Twisted Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    Redneck Riviera
    Oh wow.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Oh, Bronze. Words escape me. Thank you for your beautiful tribute to the beautiful woman. I still can't believe she's gone. So young and full of life. So gentle and goofy and friendly--and brave.

Dearest Robin, may you Rest in Peace. Heartfelt condolences to her Family.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. LittleBird

LittleBird Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2014
    East Coast, USA
    I’ve been away for nearly two years, back today only to see “Resting in Peace” beneath Robin’s avatar. My heart breaks for the HHV family, who knew her well and loved her to the moon and back. She was kind and good and funny and ever so compassionate — a beautiful soul, as so many have already said. I can only imagine her heavenly greeting: “Welcome home, my good and faithful child.”

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  13. LAwaters

LAwaters Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2014
    Geek gal gone west
    It’s nice to have ECF family return. I’m sorry it was to such sad news. Thank you for your kind thoughts for everyone here. It’s still painful to us every day. We were all blessed to know her.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I only found out this morning about the passing of Robin. If I wasn't looking through the HHV threads I would not have know. I really liked Robin for her friendly personality and humor. She had sent me a link to a few youtube videos of her singing. Robin you are missed RIP as the pain has finally left you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.