Liquid In Lungs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBoyHarley

Jan 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Just got back from a shopping trip where a fellow smoker was outside while we were there. We got talking and I told her I vaped. She said she couldn't do that because she was asthmatic and her doctor told her it was bad for her and that when you vape you get liquid in our lungs :confused:

I'm asthmatic and it's one reason why I'm vaping. I hope she's wrong here. Has anyone else heard this before?

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Just got back from a shopping trip where a fellow smoker was outside while we were there. We got talking and I told her I vaped. She said she couldn't do that because she was asthmatic and her doctor told her it was bad for her and that when you vape you get liquid in our lungs :confused:

I'm asthmatic and it's one reason why I'm vaping. I hope she's wrong here. Has anyone else heard this before?

You get liquid in your lungs in the way that aerosolized water vapor(or in this case vaporized e-liquid) is made up of microscopic droplets, but then you exhale.

iamthevoice

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
Technically, anything you inhale as a vapor can (and does) condense into a liquid as it cools. Obviously, we exhale a large part of what is inhaled in the first place. People often just want to rationalize their behavior; if people prefer to smoke cigarettes and stink, that's their prerogative . It's just hard to justify when there is an option. It's not like smoking is somehow healthier!

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Maybe you can Pass this thread along to your Friend?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/585244-anyone-notice-lung-improvement.html

And Hopefully She can Pass it along to Her Doctor.

FatBoyHarley

Jan 17, 2014
United Kingdom
That's what I thought, about the vapor but thought I'd check as I'd not heard this before. The lady was a stranger who just struck up a conversation for a few minutes. My face said it all when I quizzed her. Apparently she's been using small plastic tubes that attach to her roll ups, she says she couldn't smoke a cig without them now but she's still smoking and I don't think she sees what she's saying doesn't make sense.

I'd love to know what her doctor thinks because vaping is better than cigarettes. Shame I don't know her, I'd give her the link pronto. I've told my Diabetic nurse about vaping and she still wants me to have a nicotine patch. You can't win. I agree that they won't advise on it because they're scared of being sued.

No Hot Showers
No Sauna
No Walking in the Rain
No walking along the beach on a breezy day
* For Goodness Sake DO NOT RUN ANY HUMIDIFIERS!!!!

Seriously? Your Acquaintance simply needs justification to keep smoking. Sad Actually.:(

She's not my acquaintance, shame as I could educate her a little and show her this forum, she was adamant though. I think she does need justification, shame really, she'd be a lot better off vaping!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Because there has been so little research on vaping and it's effect on our bodies I am guessing few doctors will openly recommend vaping to their patients to avoid potential legal ramifications.

You're kidding .......... RIGHT!

Which of the SEVERAL HUNDRED peer reviewed studies would you like us to cite?!?

The problem isn't lack of studies, the problem is that no one bothers to read them. Instead relying on the good-ole press releases for information!

Last edited:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 5, 2013
    In the Mountains
    This isn’t the only wife’s tale you’re going to hear about vaping if you’re going to hang out with the smokers. I have allergy induce asthma, it sucks. My lungs have vastly improved since I quit smoking using ecigs. My doctor is elated and he’s the one that encouraged me to vape. Unfortunately, vaping does not cure allergies, but I haven’t been sick in the year and a half since I started vaping and that is saying something.

The woman is delusional. Would you want a doctor that gave medical advice about lifesaving technology he never researched/educated himself about?

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    You're kidding .......... RIGHT!

Which of the SEVERAL HUNDRED peer reviewed studies would you like us to cite?!?
    I would like to see a link – not to hunders of papers, but to single one about long term effects of e-cigs.

I believe vaping is safe for me (believe, not sure), but anything we can put into our bodies can be (and will be) abused, overdosed. Sugar (diabetes), salt (heart), food (heart, diabetes, two seats in airplanes…)
    So, what is a safe limit of vaping? 5 ml a day? 50? 500?

This isn’t the only wife’s tale you’re going to hear about vaping if you’re going to hang out with the smokers. I have allergy induce asthma, it sucks. My lungs have vastly improved since I quit smoking using ecigs. My doctor is elated and he’s the one that encouraged me to vape. Unfortunately, vaping does not cure allergies, but I haven’t been sick in the year and a half since I started vaping and that is saying something.

The woman is delusional. Would you want a doctor that gave medical advice about lifesaving technology he never researched/educated himself about?

I didn't have that much time to weigh her up as it was a few minutes of broken conversation but what she said didn't make sense to me. Thought I'd check though because as much as I'm a vaper, I'm still a novice. Still don't know what these plastic tubes were that she stuck on the end of her roll ups but apparently they don't make them now so she has to clean them out. Shows how much I know.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I would like to see a link – not to hunders of papers, but to single one about long term effects of e-cigs.

I believe vaping is safe for me (believe, not sure), but anything we can put into our bodies can be (and will be) abused, overdosed. Sugar (diabetes), salt (heart), food (heart, diabetes, two seats in airplanes…)
    So, what is a safe limit of vaping? 5 ml a day? 50? 500?

Vaping hasn't been around for long enough to know what the long term effects are.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread