Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ithaca, NY, USA
Trying to find the answer but haven't been able to locate it. Purchased a used REO and spare bottles were sent with it. They have the nipple portion and a cap, however no hole punched out for the tube. Are these able to be converted to squonking bottles or do I have to purchase a special tip so that I can attach them to the REO?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Trying to find the answer but haven't been able to locate it. Purchased a used REO and spare bottles were sent with it. They have the nipple portion and a cap, however no hole punched out for the tube. Are these able to be converted to squonking bottles or do I have to purchase a special tip so that I can attach them to the REO?

The spare bottles do not have a hole for the tube so they can be used to carry juice. You can use those bottles with the installed cap already on the tube. No need to drill a hole in the cap unless the cap on the tube in the REO needs to be replaced.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Ok. So I also just got a used REO and want to make sure I understand. Mine came with a new tube and a bottle but no o ring and bottle cap has no hole.
So I drill 11/64 hole in the cap? What size o ring? Could sure use a visual on this as I am a Dufus!
Not much to it at all... Just drill a hole from the top of the cap down through it. Be sure to use something to hold onto the cap as it will catch and spin in your hand. You might want to do the bottle mod that I linked to above. I know prior to the soft bottles coming out, all mine were set up that way. Much easier to maintain and more leak resistant than the regular cap. Just put the nipple on the bottle under the cap and drill through both for best results. 11/64" is the correct drill size. As to the o-ring size I'm not sure. I think @nerak or @redeyedancer would know the exact size though... Good luck.

Reactions: oplholik

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Ok. So I also just got a used REO and want to make sure I understand. Mine came with a new tube and a bottle but no o ring and bottle cap has no hole.
So I drill 11/64 hole in the cap? What size o ring? Could sure use a visual on this as I am a Dufus!
If it's a Grand, the O-ring should be- 3/8" id X 1/2" od 1/16" thickness.
If it's a mini- 3/16"id X 5/16"od X 1/16 " thick.
pretty sure you can get them from the plumbing section of most hardware stores/ Home Depot/Lowes.

Last edited:

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
Some very sweet person sent me the bottle and cap I needed! Now I have to figure out how to put it all together! I can't seem to get the tube on the metal feeder part! Any help would be great as I don't want to force the tube on!
Do I put on the tube and then put it through the cap?
Thank you MotherNatural! You are awesome!

Reactions: ENAUD

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Some very sweet person sent me the bottle and cap I needed! Now I have to figure out how to put it all together! I can't seem to get the tube on the metal feeder part! Any help would be great as I don't want to force the tube on!
Do I put on the tube and then put it through the cap?
Thank you MotherNatural! You are awesome!

Getting the tube threw the cap is ruff. Push the pointy end of the tube into the hole and turn/screw the tube while pushing.. it will take a while but wetting the hole with some juice first will help. Then when there's enough poking out the other side of the cap to where you can grab it with your fingers, pull it to your length needed.

The rest is ruff as well. Getting the end onto the nipple you'll also want to wet it to help get it fullly up the nipple.

Figure out you tube length but be careful to not trip too much at once so it's not short once the bottle is on. Trip little at a time till its right where you need it and have a inverted v shape at the end so the tube done seal up to the bottle side or bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread