REO owners. I've got some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
Hi all, so I plan to pull the trigger on a bottle fed mod. I'm thinking the REO line. Can any REO owners please answer a couple of questions?

1. I've read that the anodized versions are less prone to scratching, is this confirmed?
2. The REO grand looks huge-mongous compared to the mini. Is there a huge difference in the vaping experience between the two? I know they use different batteries...but I'm not sure the GRAND will fit comfortably in my hand and pocket (without people asking me if I am excited to see them).
3. Have any of you used other bottle feeders, if so, how would you compare to the REO?

Thank you ECF!

ice

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I have a black anodized Mini and a polished (well, it was until I turned it into a brushed finish yesterday) Grand. The Mini I've had since late September, and the finish is holding up very well, except for a couple little dings on the corner from when I dropped it in a parking lot. The polished (non-anozided) finish on the Grand looks terrific when pristine, but shows every fingerprint, scratch and ding. I don't baby either of them - they're often in a pocket with keys, etc. The differences are mostly size and capacity - the 6ml bottle and 18650 battery in the Grand provide all-day vaping for most people, and it also offers the ability to use 2 3v CR123's for 6-volt vaping. The Mini's 3ml bottle is great for lighter vapers, and its 14500 battery will last for several hours (I usually change batteries 2-3 times in a day on the Mini). I love them both, but my favorite is the Mini - the size is just perfect, and it is pocket-friendly and discreet. I believe Rob has some Grands available now, and he should have Minis available this week. Check the REO threads in the Supplier section for more information, or PM Rob (redeyedancer).

Chameloid

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
Rura Penthe
Hi all, so I plan to pull the trigger on a bottle fed mod. I'm thinking the REO line. Can any REO owners please answer a couple of questions?

1. I've read that the anodized versions are less prone to scratching, is this confirmed?
2. The REO grand looks huge-mongous compared to the mini. Is there a huge difference in the vaping experience between the two? I know they use different batteries...but I'm not sure the GRAND will fit comfortably in my hand and pocket (without people asking me if I am excited to see them).
3. Have any of you used other bottle feeders, if so, how would you compare to the REO?

Thank you ECF!

ice

I have the Reo, Phidias, and Ali'i and to answer:

1.) So far, the new anodized polished finish with the gloss (at least on the minis) is great and mine has resisted scratches. I have been taking my black/silver (brushed door) mini to work the past 2 weeks and the body has been great so far. The door, is starting to slowly show some wear however, but I think that is the nature of the brushed finish on it (versus the polished silver doors). I haven't carried the Grand out yet and its finish is different (looks like matte), so with use, it may eventually show wear more.

2.) The mini is just a hair bigger than my Big Brother VV (which also uses 14500s) - i.e., it's basically a "stealth-size" box mod that can be palmed. The Grand is almost an inch taller but the depth and fire button position on the top forces you to hold it in a more comfortable position and depending on your hand size, you may or may not have problems holding it for a long time. The mini and Grand are squared off whereas the Ali'i and my Phidiae are rounded, so comfort might relate to whether you can handle the corners of the larger mod. In size comparison, it is just the same height and weight as my VV Ali'i (the VV Ali'i has 2 16340s or CR123as whereas the Grand would have the one 18650) and the Phidias is about 1/2" or so shorter than the Ali'i or Grand and about 3/4" taller than the mini, but uses the 18650 batt.

3.) I think this would be a personal preference thing. The 3 different bottom feeder juice mod types that I have use different feed methods (interestingly, the Reo is sortof a merge of the all-metal tube/needle of the Phidias and the all-plastic/polymer tube of the Ali'i where it uses a metal tube and polymer tube). The Phidias and Ali'i (or Journeyman) are strictly wood mods whereas the mini and Grand are anodized aluminum. The Rio woody is coming back shortly, so it would probably be better to compare apples with apples (wood vs wood) than apples with oranges (wood vs metal). I don't have a plastic juice mod, so can't speak on that.

My feeders :thumbs:

bottomfeedermods.jpg

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
Three of my four REOs are anodized and they show no signs of wear. Both the REO Mini & the Grand get me through a full day of vaping - about 10 hours. My preference is the Grand with the larger dispenser bottle and battery, and I do not find it to be too large or uncomfortable to carry and use. It is fairly heavy though, and that might be a consideration for some who use it.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Ice,
My husband (MX) has the Grand and can answer this when he get in. I have the mini and the finish is pretty durable. I'm the clutz who doesn't really take a lot of care of things I'm fond of if that makes any sense. So I've dropped my mini outside on concrete many times and so far no damage. Putting your mod in your pocket with keys will cause some scratching, at least on the polished finish, that is no longer available "off the shelf" so you should be good there. Here is a picture of the mini next to a bic lighter. P1010172.jpg its much smaller than you think. The Grand as stated above, is about the same size as a pack of smokes. So if you used to carry a pack of smokes in your pocket, you should be good to go. If you vape more than 3ml/day, then I would suggest the Grand. I would use the Grand if it wasn't so big in my hands (i have small hands) because the batteries would last 3-4 days for me as would the juice. But as it is, I like the fit of the mini and since I don't vape as much, I can make a battery and a bottle of juice last me all day. Hope this helps! :)

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
I'm using LR306 1.5 and 2.0 from Cisco, and I love them so far. Been using the 1.5 for 1.5 months and just started the 2.0 two days ago. I've not had the opportunity to use Ikenvape attys as they are always out of stock. I'm also using a LR510 2.0. I'm using the 306 2.0 on my sweetest juice and it really does bring out the flavor better than the 1.5, IMO. Hope this helps! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread