Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Picked up my first Reo off the classies here, it's a VV model and think it was a good price. Don't really have buyer's remorse but wondering if I jumped the gun and should have just waited for the Grands to get their upgrades and ordered one of those as my first.

Went to Rob's site and picked up an RM2, went to ebay and bought some more AW IMR 18350s as I didn't know the VV runs on stacked 18350s.

Any VV owners out there talk me off the ledge here?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Congratz!

You should do fine with the VV Grand. It is simple to adjust the wheel and dial in to your taste.

Remember that the VV Grand will not shut down till the batteries are way too low. Try to take them out when they are at 3.5V or higher. They will last longer, more cycles if they are not stressed by depleting lower than 3.5v.

Let us know if you have any questions when you get it!

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You are going to LOVE your VV Grand. Don't worry. They're especially awesome with an RM2 on top. The voltage can be adjusted to just the perfect vape, and the vape will be very consistent to the very end when it's time to change batteries. You can't sub-ohm with it. But you won't need to. You can wrap a 1.5 - 2.5 ohm coil, then just turn the dial until you hit your sweet spot. I have both (VV and mechanical Grand) and love them both, but the VV is sweet. No buyer's remorse. Besides I figure you'll end up with both anyway, sooner or later. Just pay attention to the semantics: you said "picked up my FIRST Reo...." Subconsciously you KNOW it won't be your last. Ha. Besides he's not making them anymore, so you have a collector's item.

Have you backed away from the ledge yet? :)

Last edited:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Congrats on the Reo! :vapor:

went to ebay and bought some more AW IMR 18350s as I didn't know the VV runs on stacked 18350s.

Just a bit of un-solicited advice;

Don't buy batteries off of ebay. Most all those vendors can't be trusted on where they are getting their supply from. Used or old stock batteries, rejected batteries, batteries harvested from laptops, you just don't know. It's not worth saving a whole $2.

Most of the time the ebay vendor isn't even guilty of knowing any better, just that they found a "supply" that is cheaper. Alibaba sells fake AW batteries wholesale. I think even Tobeco manufacturers batteries wrapped in an AW wrapper.

Always get batteries from a trustworthy vendor that has a high product turnover rate. This way you know your getting the real deal, and your battery is most likely from a nice fresh stock. This is especially important when you want two 18350's to be closely matched for stacking purposes.

Genuine AW Batteries at RTD Vapor

Batteries + carriers & testers

Just last month there was yet another thread with a guy who bought AW batteries off of ebay... they were fake.

All AW batteries manufactured as of 2014 now have a silver holographic AW logo on them. The old black logos have a really tiny indentation in the righthand edge of the black oval in the logo. (it almost looks like a mistake in print, it's not) There are other little "easter eggs" about the authentic AW's to look for, but the easiest way to know you have a real one is to just order from RTD or Lighthound.

Cheers

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Thanks JC, I am off the ledge now! Thank you very much!

Funk, I went to Lighthound but all the sized I needed were out of stock I think . I just got frustrated as I checked at least a dozen sites and couldn't find anyone that had 18350s and 18650s (needed for my Duke) in stock for a single purchase so I ended up on eBay. I'll use your very helpful tips to see if I can identify them as real or not.

Thanks to all for the info and support!!!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
They will last longer, more cycles if they are not stressed by depleting lower than 3.5v.

The AW rep who posts on candlepower says don't drain them below 2.5v. I think the 3.5 info came from a typo in the old scottbee thread on battery function, vdrop, etc about three years ago. It got quoted enough that it became widely assumed correct on ECF.

For the OP: The VV Reos are in my opinion the very best PVs ever made by anyone. There is no PV that has equal functionality and equal quality. Not one.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here are some of the reasons I love my VVG. It's an awesome elite mod and you should be proud that you will soon own one. I've been running mine daily for about a year, rotating between it and other killer REOs and it has never let me down. It likes a 2 ohm (or slightly higher ohm coil) to allow full function of the power adjustment which is fantastic for me. It allows coils with more wraps providing more surface area and you can compensate by turning up the power a little. I usually vape below the middle of the power adjustment but sometimes for giggles and grins I'll turn it all the way up choke on a few hits :)

Here's the typical 2 ohm coil I run:
MHta0H2.jpg

And here's them reasons :)

The button placement is perfect - trigger finger.

The way the button fires is superb - it's done thru electronics so it is either on or off (no firing pin / spring / moving positive contact).

No noalox required since the contact doesn't move.

The batts last a long time. I vape at a very low setting but also rotate mods though.

Every hit is exactly the same right up until the stacked 18350s need to be changed. I never let them die or get below 3.7. Hard for me to explain but since the chip operates on the combined voltage, the batteries still function perfectly all the way down to each battery hits around 3.7 volts. So even at when they are depleted down to 3.7 each, they are still capable of pumping like 7.4 volts! Try vaping a battery depleted down to 3.7 on your grand - it's starting to taper off once your battery is at that point right?

There is allot of space inside the mod for bottle access ease.

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Thanks Six and Super X, feeling much much better and really excited to get my hands on the mod! I'm sure it will be exactly what I was hoping for and then some.

Don't think I've ever set up an RDA anywhere near 2ohms so that will be new for me too. Usually set them up between .5 - 1.25 but have no problem running it higher, I'm sure that has a big impact on battery life.

Now to decide which of my juices is worth of being the first...lol. Guessing it will be Boba's.

Thanks again for all the help.

pauly3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
McAllen, TX
Picked up my first Reo off the classies here, it's a VV model and think it was a good price. Don't really have buyer's remorse but wondering if I jumped the gun and should have just waited for the Grands to get their upgrades and ordered one of those as my first.

Went to Rob's site and picked up an RM2, went to ebay and bought some more AW IMR 18350s as I didn't know the VV runs on stacked 18350s.

Any VV owners out there talk me off the ledge here?

Congrats on the VV REO!

Most AW IMRs on eBay are fake! I exchanged emails with Andy Wan last week and he confirmed that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Congrats on the VV REO!

Most AW IMRs on eBay are fake! I exchanged emails with Andy Wan last week and he confirmed that for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigh...of course they are. Guess that's why it's so dang hard to find a reputable site that has all the batteries I need in stock at once. Another expensive lesson learned.

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
RTD!!!!

Rob has a link to him on his mod site....

I know, I went there. I really don't know what my problem was. I put 4 x 18350s in the shopping cart and then went to look for 18650s. The site didn't have the ones I wanted to I went on a search all over the place and ended up giving up and buying batteries that would have been available on that site.

Don't worry, I scolded myself and sent myself to bed without any ice cream last night.

pauly3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2013
McAllen, TX
I'm right there with you BigFly... I have quite a bit of eBay Bucks that I wanted to use so I said why not get some batteries. I started looking on eBay and found exactly what I needed. I found quite a few sellers and decided to get from a guy in Amarillo has quite a bit of listings, great feedback and states they are "authentic".

Prior to pulling the trigger I looked at all the text and graphics and I noticed there were differences between my AW's from ProVape and the ones on the listing. First thing I noticed where the recycle signs on my were hollow and the ones on eBay were all solid. I found a link to a flashlight forum and began going through the posts. Andy Wan is an active member and shows his e-mail. I decided to hit him and here is confirmation on one of the replies from him. He even gave me a link to a forum that I will obscure so that I don't get deleted for posting outside links. If anyone wants it, hit me up and I can provide via PM.

Here is the return e-mail from Andy:

Hi Paul,

I hate to tell you but he is selling AW fakes.

Please order from authorized AW dealers in the U.S. listed here:

Link Removed (PM for link)

Regards,
Andrew Wan

Last edited:

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Last edited: