Reogrands + sub ohm battery recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamilton_930

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hello folks,

I’ve recently decided to take the plunge from MTL vaping using the reo grand/mini + RM2 to Straght to lung hit with sub ohm + Dead Rabbit 22/24mm BF RDA.

{about my builds}
I’m Coming from a RM2 with kanthal [30g wire ] ohming our at 1.2 builds to dead rabbit ohming out at 0.7 to 0.5 on 28g kanthal (all builds are no thrills on round wire kanthal)

The air holes I run are drilled out 1.4 - 1.6m on the RM2. The dead rabbit for both 22/24 are wide open.

[ my current battery ]

I’ve run AW 18650 1600/2000 mah since 2009. Which is absolutely satisfactory all day vape experience running a RM2 at 1.2 ish ohm coil. But with these sub ohm builds, battery life is only good for an hour maybe two, if I’m lucky. (Yes I’m aware my batteries are old AF and are nearing retirement time.).

One thing that makes me nervous about my old AW is over drawing the current, so I try to keep my builds above 0.7 for now.

My question is,

what’s everybody running for 18650 batteries these days and what is the max amp draw supported by those batteries?

Pictures are welcome

Thx

Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rjeatkrconley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hell Paso, Texas
I use Samsung's 25r. Great battery. 25amp continuous. Not sure what the max pulse is but have been running .25 down to .1 with no problems from the battery. The standard button on the Reo, however, melts at about .2ohms. at least mine did. Even the new button melted a little. I covered the bottom of the button with JB-Weld. No more melting.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

bhamilton_930

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
I use Samsung's 25r. Great battery. 25amp continuous. Not sure what the max pulse is but have been running .25 down to .1 with no problems from the battery. The standard button on the Reo, however, melts at about .2ohms. at least mine did. Even the new button melted a little. I covered the bottom of the button with JB-Weld. No more melting.

melting the power button is a concern for sure. did you upgrade your contacts to the gold ones?

about 2 years ago, i've upgraded all my contacts to the gold one's that rob released. I'm not sure how much baring this would have on button melt-down honestly. But it should in theory, help with switch resistance.

As a side note i currently don't see myself going to far below 0.6 or 0.5 ohm. On my voopoo Drag, i'm running at 20 to 30w on a 1.2ohm coil (28g 2mm round wire) so comparing that to the Reogrand, i dont see myself dropping much father down than 0.5 ohm.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

rjeatkrconley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hell Paso, Texas
Yes I upgraded all the contacts as soon as Robert released them. I still partially melted the button but that was sub .2ohm.
My p67 on the other hand doesn't care, I sagged the spring at .13ohm but nothing melted. Ran that coil for almost 6 months, after I stretched the spring.

Reactions: bhamilton_930

bhamilton_930

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Yes I upgraded all the contacts as soon as Robert released them. I still partially melted the button but that was sub .2ohm.
My p67 on the other hand doesn't care, I sagged the spring at .13ohm but nothing melted. Ran that coil for almost 6 months, after I stretched the spring.

dayum son hahaha

i dont think ive ever had a coil last me more than a 3 weeks honestly. but my builds are old school no thrills round wire. usually they gunk up and or lose flavor or get really brittle after 2 weeks of 'saving' them.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I find it really depends on the juice I'm running through it. I have a DIY chai that gunks up coils something fierce and, despite regular cleaning, forces a rebuild much more frequently than a cleaner spearmint juice I run in the same build in another atty. I also have an unflavoured setup that I use as a palette cleanser - that thing has a 1yr+ build in it.

That all said, I find there's nothing like the first bottle through a brand new coil. Might be psychological, might not be. Either way, I'll cop to sometimes rebuilding just to get that experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread