Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have been pondering again about this reborn Reoville forum (and you all know how dangerous that can be when I have nothing else at all I have to do but ponder;)).

Surly many of the missing REOnauts are still actively running on other forums on ECF. So how about a joint REOnaut Roundup? Maybe everybody currently active here could try to get in touch with as many of the missing active REOnaut's of days of yore that you can find and invite them to come back and participate on this forum. That to include those who did stop in here then disappeared again. And all of them to also participate, lend a and in the RR. It would be a BIG helping hand in a positive direction for @Eric Parlin, and that would be a BIG plus for all the REOnauts here as well.
:pop:

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I am here everyday also at least twice per day, I wish I knew someone to invite back, but I don't. I vape alone. :|

KAS

I vape and drink alone! Yeahhhh with nobody else.. cause when I vape alone.. I prefer it was with somebody else!! Lol

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The intended point and purpose of this thread is apparently being missed... for those few that are somewhat active here again to contact some of the missing past active Reonauts by any means available, let them know that Reoville has been restored and invite them to come back. So far this has the flavor of yet another case of the all too common on forums thing... 'good idea as long as someone else does the work'.

I've hung around to try to give you some support @Eric Parlin, and exchange some banter with past acquaintances. But maybe the fact that some of the missing have stopped in to acknowledge the reopening of Reoville yet have not been back since is why this has been yet another idea that failed same as most of mine have. Most of the folks moved on to other things when Rob closed the forum, me included. And after being down for so long most will probably never come back to it, or at least not until the new Reosmods can dwell into the possibility of new products that might relight some fire in them. That's not something that can happen over night, maybe not for many months yet. So maybe only time will heal this when Reosmods gets some brand new customers to rekindle the fire that no longer exists here beyond a few glowing embers.

Attachments

• ism1.jpg
    ism1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The intended point and purpose of this thread is apparently being missed... for those few that are somewhat active here again to contact some of the missing past active Reonauts by any means available, let them know that Reoville has been restored and invite them to come back. So far this has the flavor of yet another case of the all too common on forums thing... 'good idea as long as someone else does the work'.

I've hung around to try to give you some support @Eric Parlin, and exchange some banter with past acquaintances. But maybe the fact that some of the missing have stopped in to acknowledge the reopening of Reoville yet have not been back since is why this has been yet another idea that failed same as most of mine have. Most of the folks moved on to other things when Rob closed the forum, me included. And after being down for so long most will probably never come back to it, or at least not until the new Reosmods can dwell into the possibility of new products that might relight some fire in them. That's not something that can happen over night, maybe not for many months yet. So maybe only time will heal this when Reosmods gets some brand new customers to rekindle the fire that no longer exists here beyond a few glowing embers.
I've took some time to think about this before posting...I was watching this thread and saw that most totally missed the point. A lot of folks have moved on from the forum in general, and being a fan of another vendor that closed, have witnessed droves of members dissapear before and after the closure...it happens.

REOs mods heyday was when there really weren't great options available, there were carto's, vivi novas, clearo's like the T3, and a few dripping atomizers...the vaping world exploded...Rob knew that and even said in the closing thread that people don't need a REO to quit smoking anymore. I posted in a thread that I thought that 2016 was going to be the year of the squonker...squonking did in fact catch on, and there are now a few regulated squonkers using quality chip sets that fit the bill. Mechanical mods in general have kind of fallen by the wayside. Folks like the first hit same as the last that a regulated mod offers, and regulated does use more of the batteries discharge curve so one gets longer run time on a battery.

There will always be a subset of vapers that appreciate and want the pure vape that a mechanical squonkers like the REO offers, I am one of them, don't get me wrong, I love my REOs mods...got about 15 or more of them, and each one is special to me, but frankly, quite a few of them were bought in the classies form folks moving on. Today there are a few 2015 woodies sitting there at a hundred less than retail, and there they sit, waiting for a buyer. Years past they would have been snatched up in minutes or hours...it is what it is. I don't have any answers, just personal observations here, but maybe the key to success lies in going where the market is...and the market is dominated by regulated mods...

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I've took some time to think about this before posting...I was watching this thread and saw that most totally missed the point. A lot of folks have moved on from the forum in general, and being a fan of another vendor that closed, have witnessed droves of members dissapear before and after the closure...it happens.

REOs mods heyday was when there really weren't great options available, there were carto's, vivi novas, clearo's like the T3, and a few dripping atomizers...the vaping world exploded...Rob knew that and even said in the closing thread that people don't need a REO to quit smoking anymore. I posted in a thread that I thought that 2016 was going to be the year of the squonker...squonking did in fact catch on, and there are now a few regulated squonkers using quality chip sets that fit the bill. Mechanical mods in general have kind of fallen by the wayside. Folks like the first hit same as the last that a regulated mod offers, and regulated does use more of the batteries discharge curve so one gets longer run time on a battery.

There will always be a subset of vapers that appreciate and want the pure vape that a mechanical squonkers like the REO offers, I am one of them, don't get me wrong, I love my REOs mods...got about 15 or more of them, and each one is special to me, but frankly, quite a few of them were bought in the classies form folks moving on. Today there are a few 2015 woodies sitting there at a hundred less than retail, and there they sit, waiting for a buyer. Years past they would have been snatched up in minutes or hours...it is what it is. I don't have any answers, just personal observations here, but maybe the key to success lies in going where the market is...and the market is dominated by regulated mods...

Here here! Ain't nowhere to go with the next mod.. how do you change a mech mod and make the reo better other then go off to a regulated version?

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I didn't misunderstand the point of the thread, at all. I just don't happen to be in contact with any squonkers, REO or otherwise, outside of ECF.
Vapors are a fickle bunch, with notoriously short attention spans. This week's 'gotta have' is listed in next week's classifieds. Vaping has always been that way. Right now, the 'gotta have' is one of the dozens of open source printed boxes that are out there. Nothing we can do about it.

On the other hand, using a mech mod puts the odds in your favor if you're looking to maximize the possibility of a trouble free vaping experience, vs. using regulated mods with boards, electronics, wiring, etc. All those electronics will probably go bad faster than a purely mechanical device.

I speak from experience. I had 4 Provaris that all went bad over 4 years and are now in the garbage. That's what drove me to mech mods & Reos.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I'm a hardcore Reo fan both for the device and the helpful clan. This is the only place I check in every few days other than one e-liquid spot. Been that way for years and I doubt that will change. I, like others, am not very talkative but I want to be there if someone is needing support with their Reo (although I'm not super technical ). I cherish learning new stuff and passing it along. Any Reonauts I know or have been in contact (with PM) are already on here. Peace brothers and sisters!

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
I've been back everyday now, been kinda slow.

I speak from experience. I had 4 Provaris that all went bad over 4 years and are now in the garbage. That's what drove me to mech mods & Reos.
My first of 3 Provaris has been used everyday for over 6yrs and it's still like the day I bought it. I've got to burn it out before I can use the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread