Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unhelpful, rude, and not appropriate.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
    Not only is there someone doing Provari Repairs, he's doing an awesome job. Towards the end of March I had to send in a Provari 2.5 that I purchased last year. The positive contact inside that attaches to the circuit board had disappeared. He repaired it and returned it free of charge and took way less than his estimated time to do it.

Two thumbs up from me! :thumb: :thumb:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Does anyone know of a list of folks who can still update the software of the original P3s? Man, am I late on this one! I have two brand, new P3s but the info moves so fast on the screen that this here old geezer can't follow it. I'm in Northern California, btw. Thanks much!
    Try this:

4 clicks...
    SET...that will be the 5th choice
    DIS...2nd choice
    SPEED...2nd choice
    Then click on 1 or 2
    That should slow it down to where you can get a handle on it.

cats5365

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 27, 2013
    United States
    Does anyone know of a list of folks who can still update the software of the original P3s? Man, am I late on this one! I have two brand, new P3s but the info moves so fast on the screen that this here old geezer can't follow it. I'm in Northern California, btw. Thanks much!
    If Enaud's instructions don't help, Bill at the repair email can do it. You might be able to get the updates if you still have a Provari dealer locally. Can you tell what version your P3's are running? 41 was the last update before they closed.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    Hello, 440BB! I think I remember that avatar from somewhere.

Anywho, I've got several P3s, P2.5s and a Radius that sat idle for over a year when I quit vaping for a spell. Now that i'm back into it, I tried to fire them back up, all of them were dead. The batteries are fresh, and I tried all kinds of different button-pushing combinations--nothing.

There must have been something fundamentally different about Provape's electronics, because I have others that woke up immediately, just as if they hadn't been in hibernation. I'm not electronically savvy enough to have a clue as to what, though.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: stols001

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Hello, 440BB! I think I remember that avatar from somewhere.

Anywho, I've got several P3s, P2.5s and a Radius that sat idle for over a year when I quit vaping for a spell. Now that i'm back into it, I tried to fire them back up, all of them were dead. The batteries are fresh, and I tried all kinds of different button-pushing combinations--nothing.

There must have been something fundamentally different about Provape's electronics, because I have others that woke up immediately, just as if they hadn't been in hibernation. I'm not electronically savvy enough to have a clue as to what, though.

Anyone have any ideas?
    That is very strange, I have never before read of an account like this. How and where were they stored? Have you checked the batteries with a volt meter?

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 31, 2010
    SoCal
    That is very strange, I have never before read of an account like this. How and where were they stored? Have you checked the batteries with a volt meter?

I certainly remember you from the ProVape forum, ENAUD (I couldn't forget an avatar like that). I just stood them on a shelf with the batteries removed. I'm wondering now if maybe there's ROM that went dead from being deprived of power.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread