Replacing Coil Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ztockfairlady

Mar 15, 2019
Im new to vaping, I started about 3 months ago. I have a drag mini and i have a problem where ive wasted so many replacement coils because they keep tasting wrong. And im doing everything that everyone says is the right way to change out a coil. I even had someone thats been vaping for a while change it out and still tastes wrong. I even bought a new tank (mesh pro) and it tasted good one time then went back to tasting weird like burnt. I dont know what is happening and ive wasted so much money on coils. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

ztockfairlady

Mar 15, 2019
after replacing the coil and filling the tank are you letting the coil sit for 5 - 10 minutes before vaping on it? The coil needs time to get fully saturated before vaping

also what ohm is the coil and what watts are you using?
Yes ive tried many of the right ways to replace the coils. Ive replaced it and put ejuice on the cotton and waited 30 min and even an hour. And ive also done the method where you suck while the air vent is closed to make the cotton soak up the juice. And ive started at lower watts and went up.
Ive tried many coils the one im using right now is a free max kanthal double mesh 0.2ohm coil. And i use it with the watts that are recommended.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Ive tried many coils the one im using right now is a free max kanthal double mesh 0.2ohm coil. And i use it with the watts that are recommended.
    What are you using? A mech or a reg? What are the recommended watts for that coil?

Oh, Welcome to ECF, ztockfairlady.

ztockfairlady

Mar 15, 2019
    eh recommended doesn't alway mean it's right ;) it's more of a suggestion...
    other than that all I can think is the juice may be too thick or too thin to wick correctly....what's the pg/vg ratio of your juice?
    the juice im using right now doesnt say but ive used 70/30 and 50/50 before and still had the same issue

greek mule

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    i have it set at 90 right now but when i change the coil i go from low and i work my way up.
    • Mesh Pro Coil System
    • 0.15ohm Kanthal Quad Mesh Coil - rated for 80-120W
    • 0.15ohm Kanthal Single Mesh Coil - rated for 40-70W
    • 0.2ohm Kanthal Double Mesh Coil - rated for 60-90W ← you are using extreme wattage for this coil

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread