Not open for further replies.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I'm assuming that an o-ring from any standard 510 drip tip would do the job, but then you'd have no drip tip o-ring.

Someone posted above that you can get them from mad vapes for 30 cents. That's a good deal if you are already ordering something from them. Harbor Freight tools has them also but they are part of a larger pack of assorted sizes. You'd probably get 30 or so of the correct size for $3. Also, I had broke the o-ring off a drip tip a while back and went into my local ace hardware. The guy sold me a new one for about a nickel.

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I just tryed to take the inner o-ring out, never changed one befor, its E-Z get a tooth pick and pry it out, mine came right out.
a dental pick works a lot betterjust tryed again...eye-balling the o-ring..looks like 12mm out side dia, 10mm in side dia...
Al

Thanks for that! Now I'm not so apprehensive to try it. What about laying in the new one? If I ring it around a cartomizer toward the end, will I be able to position it and just pull the carto out?

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
I don't think so.. theres a slot that it fits into, it goes in kinda ez, it's rubber so you just have to **** with it to get it in, not hard
Al

I finally replaced one, and pretty easily, thanks to your advice. I was able to lay it in in almost right position and then worked it a bit into place with the end of a ballpoint pen (one with plastic casing that extends down to the tip and tapers beyond the diameter of the ring). Lubricating the ring with a little PG seemed to help a bit.

1stGenRex

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
United States
If you take the o ring with you, you should be able to find em at Home Depot, Lowes or probably most hardware stores, look in the plumbing section. My local Lowes has a o ring size chart makes it easy to match up without looking through them all.
Not true at all, because these are metric o-rings. I was all over Lowes, Ace, and HD trying to find them...some were close, but not the right size. The correct sizes for these are

OUTER on 5ML tank- 013 B70 Buna-N 70 O-ring (B70013)

and

INNER on 5 mil tank (probably the same on the smaller one too, but not sure) 1.5mm X 9mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring (N1.50X009)

I ordered 20 of each, with priority shipping for ~$8 from The O-ring Store - Huge online selection of metric o-rings, standard o-rings, hydraulic seals, o-ring kits and accessories!, We make placing your o-ring order and getting o-rings easy! Get the o-ring seals you need, in your hands, at a fair price!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread