request for info on refillable carto's with device's with a built in atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
belgium
i just started vaping with green smoke and i am considering to switch to a system that can be refilled instead of throwing away your cartridge with built-in atomizer every time.

my question now is;
how long can you use an atomizer before you need to replace it with a new one, if ever?
if you have replaced your batteries already , how long did they last? ( don't mean when to charge but when to throw away)
and as im asking this i can ask it all but i guessing this will never need replacing but the cartomizer witch holds your e-liquid never needs replacing right?
any other parts that needs replacing after time?

and at last , to maintain the system properly does it need cleaning in any way or does that depend on the system/device your using? and does the stuff you need for that also add a noteable pricetag?

thanks in advance

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
Lots of questions there kotje I will answer with what I use.

Kgo and Twist batteries, all will take about 300 charges before they need replacing, KGO is 1100 mah and lasts me all day on one battery, twists are 900 mah and last me about 5-6 hours. All these batteries take about 3 hours to charge.

I use viva nova tanks and clearomizers both of which I re wick and re coil so only expense is buying them to begin with if you didn't want to re wick/re wire them yourself you can buy replacement heads for them.

I buy both of these from here, Clearomizers : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail Also get my Twists from there and my KGOs are from KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

Atomizers I only use for testing my juice mixes and I have 4 which I got from my KGO kits that are ok for doing this, never replaced one yet.

I always make sure my batteries are clean of liquid before charging and wash my tanks and clearos out every 2 days. I re wick them about once a week depends how much i have used them and what juice I have used.

Hope that helped a little to answer your questions.

I make my own juice so total cost per week for me now is about $5.00.

18SixFifty

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Michigan
The life of the batteries depends on the battery and how often you use it. 6 months or so I guess with heavy vaping but it really depends on the batter. both atties last longer than Cartomizers. Cartridges hold the e-liquid and the filling needs to be changed once in a while. Cartomizers are like an atty that is stuffed with filling and they last for about 4 to five refills and get tossed out.

Yes you can count on it that it will cost money each month to buy new e-liquids and atomizers. However, It's still generally much cheaper than cigarettes. buying in bulk saves money as well.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Kotje,
Actually, you don't need to throw away your cartomizer every time. They are refillable. You refill them with some of the same juice they had, or buy blank ones and fill them.
Greensmoke can be refilled, but they don't sell e-juice, unlike many other brands. So - a cartomizer can last several refills. Also - Greensmoke is way over-priced. I used to use them and their cartomizers are just too expensive. You can buy cartomizers that go with better batteries for much less. And you refill them.

Atomizer life can vary. Some get 4 -6 weeks. If you get an atomizer you still need to use it with something - a cartridge which you refill, or in a refillable tank type system. You need to clean it. Some people rebuild them also.

Atomizers are also used to test juices by dripping in a few drops and vaping. An old cartomizer can be used for the same thing by removing the filling - quite easy to do.

Some people prefer cartomizers, some prefer an atomizer/cartridge or atomizer/tank system. Some use cartomizers and atomizers.

Last edited:

nebulas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Earth
how long can you use an atomizer before you need to replace it with a new one, if ever?
An average vapor might get 7-10 days out of each carto. Atomizers tend to have a longer lifespan of 2-4 weeks.

if you have replaced your batteries already , how long did they last? ( don't mean when to charge but when to throw away)
and as im asking this i can ask it all but i guessing this will never need replacing but the cartomizer witch holds your e-liquid never needs replacing right?

It depends on the device but I would say most last somewhere between 6-8 months before the charge they hold gets really low and they need replacing. Cartomizers need changing about once a week to two weeks.

any other parts that needs replacing after time?
No. If your talking about pen style batteries then you can expect to go through 3-6 cartos a month which can be bought in bulk at a price of about $20 for 20. You also need juice to put in the cartos which the average price on juice is about $0.50 per milliliter. The average vapor probably goest through about 75-100 MLs a month. Juice can be found as cheap as $0.20/MLl

and at last , to maintain the system properly does it need cleaning in any way or does that depend on the system/device your using? and does the stuff you need for that also add a noteable pricetag?
The batteries don't need cleaning but your tank, atty, clearo, or whatever device you put juice in might need cleaning. Standard cartomizers don't need cleaning. They just need to be refilled until they no longer perform the way they should. No extra cleaning materials are needed. Just a rinse with water.

If you are thinking about changing systems consider the Ego-C. It is a great performing device and is very versitile with the cartos,attys,tanks,clearos, etc, etc, that you can use with it.

Last edited:

Ty89m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2012
Bozeman, MT
Atomizers can last from 1 week to a couple months +, some have reported higher end attys lasting several months. Mine last around a 3-4 weeks on average if I keep them wet with juice.

As far as cleaning atomizers, some do, some don't. Everyone has a particular method they use to clean. I just soak mine in PGA (Everclear) or 100 Proof Vodka. Some I don't clean at all, but my juice is relatively clear, and doesn't gunk up too terrible bad. I do know that dry-burning them can shorten an attys lifespan greatly... at least in my experience. If you keep them wet, and treat them good, they should last you awhile.

I'm still using the same 10 or so IMR batteries I started with, and haven't noticed any drop in performance. Most say they're only good for around 500 or so charge/discharge cycles.

Cartomizers are also considered disposable, they have a heating wire in them just as atomizers do, and will eventually get clogged up or burn out. I use my cartomizers in a tank setup, and I usually make it 3-5 days before the flavor goes bad and they clog up. Luckily cartomizers are much cheaper than atomizers, but also don't last anywhere near as long.

Last edited:

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Hi kotje
I like your questions. If you're currently using green smoke, the first order I would make is for some juice from Johnson creek red oak line of 100% vg. Use that juice to refill your green smoke cartomizers. Great learning experience there. Make them last longer for you. Save money.
Once you've got that perfected, it will be time to order new better battery setup. Higher voltage will give you a better cig-like vape feel. And higher mah rating on the battery will give you longer time between charges.
Good luck on your journey. Try to keep it simple to start. You don't want to get overwhelmed, give up, and return to analogs!
Here's my setup:
Kgo 1100 mah @ 3.7 volts
Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizer
I don't use tanks or clearomizers. Too complicated for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread