Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
So, I purchased my Ultramax with RES from a fellow ECF member and received it about a week ago. Everything was working fine until this afternoon. I was going to take it apart for a cleaning because it wasn't working and leaking everywhere and I noticed the top cap wouldn't screw off easily (it was gritty).

When I got it off, there was ceramic flecks in it and I noticed the ceramic was hairline cracked on opposite sides all the way down. I cannot get it to screw back in now, as the pieces won't fit back together.

I have not dropped it at all, and only use 17670 batteries so I don't think it got too hot at any point.

Suggestions? Warranty won't cover this, right?

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
2gybm6s.jpg

xeobjd.jpg

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
OK, seriously? Did this just happen?

Within 10 minutes of sending an email to Innovapor, I get this:

"Greetings,

The RES chamber is covered by the warranty. Send me your mailing
address and I will send you a replacement."

I don't know if it is possible to have better customer service than that! You guys rock!

I still want to make sure I didn't do something wrong...has anyone experienced this and know how it happened? That Ceramic is THICK

Last edited:

Jackass69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Sweden
I have had a couple that cracked and they have all been taken care of exemplary. :thumbs:
It's like they have some tension in them so they crack. The first ones I ordered is still going strong. It's the later ones I ordered (for friends) that have cracked.
You can still use your UltraMax but you have to drip more sparely :)

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
The ceramic that the RES is made out of is pretty fragile. They are bound to break at some point. We are working on a new ceramic to make the RES's out of that should be much stronger. A tip for when you are unscrewing the RES is if it feels tight and hard to twist, screw it all the way back on and shake it a few times. The ceramic wick moves freely around the aluminum center piece. Shaking it can sometimes move it enough to be able to screw it off more easily. DONT VIOLENTLY SHAKE IT, just a couple soft back and forth shakes. All you want it to do is move the ceramic inside the smallest amount. Same goes for screwing it back on. If it is getting caught on the outside of the RES main body, move the RES around a bit and it should slide right in. I hope that makes sense, sometimes I'm pretty bad at explaining things. Anyway, if you have any other questions please let us know.

Cheers,
Tony

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
The ceramic that the RES is made out of is pretty fragile. They are bound to break at some point. We are working on a new ceramic to make the RES's out of that should be much stronger. A tip for when you are unscrewing the RES is if it feels tight and hard to twist, screw it all the way back on and shake it a few times. The ceramic wick moves freely around the aluminum center piece. Shaking it can sometimes move it enough to be able to screw it off more easily. DONT VIOLENTLY SHAKE IT, just a couple soft back and forth shakes. All you want it to do is move the ceramic inside the smallest amount. Same goes for screwing it back on. If it is getting caught on the outside of the RES main body, move the RES around a bit and it should slide right in. I hope that makes sense, sometimes I'm pretty bad at explaining things. Anyway, if you have any other questions please let us know.

Cheers,
Tony

Awesome! Thanks so much guys. I am not disappointed with my purchase. I love my Ultramax and this customer service standard is epic to say the least.

jslick_007

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
SoCal

Cheers,
Tony

Since this thread is a little old, did Apex ever come up with a solution and revise the RES ceramic? Just curious as I was thinking about picking up a new one.

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Since this thread is a little old, did Apex ever come up with a solution and revise the RES ceramic? Just curious as I was thinking about picking up a new one.

Haha I always smile when I see this thread being RESurrected. As far as I know the ceramic is still the same, a friend of mine just bought an Ultramax kit.

I have since sold mine, which I regret because it was such a clean looking and great performing device but every issue I had (they were very few) was resolved perfectly. I will yield to the experts for the RES question though.

Vape Groovily, my friends :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread