Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
well, I finally got this this thing to hit. Turns out that the little disk that I had no idea where it was suppose to go was an extremely important part! hits REALLY great with a tank on it!!! Now i'm working on getting the RES to work. I read the instructions in the book, dropped 6 drops around the ceramic wick, put it back on, dripped 4 drops in the atty, waited a few minutes.

So, I got like 5 good hits off of it before they were dry/burnt hits. I'm guessing that the original 5 hits are from what I dripped directly on the atomizer.

How does the juice/vapor get from the ceramic into the atomizer? I'm not seeing any way possible.

This is a really nice unit, probably one of the nicest i've used, so I don't want to give up as of yet, but i'd like to get the RES part working.

Can someone please tell me HOW the juice/vapor gets from the ceramic to my atomizer then into my mouth?

How many hits should I be getting before I have to redrip on the ceramic?

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I struggled with dry hits and gurgling when I first got mine a few months ago. I learned the best way to use it was just to drip straight into the atomizer through a drip tip, then blow gently to force the liquid into the res, you'll know you overdid it if you get any liquid squeezing out of the air intake holes along the upper part of the res.

I'm using the mid-level ultra, and when clean and empty, I drop about 8-10 drops into it as above, and vape for a good long time. Thereafter I'll put anywhere from 6-9 more drops in later to refresh it. I find this technique has worked the best for me (using 1.5ohm LR 306) attys. Once I get it "primed" so to speak, I usually go for a good long time between top offs. When chain vaping, I get about 10 - 15 minutes out of a top off, which isn't bad considering how thirsty the LR 306's are.

Also, when you get a dry hit, you can sometimes drag on it without firing it, and that will draw any stubborn liquid out of the res and into your atty, you should get a little resistance and some slight gurgling when you do that, or your res is empty.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I think all is almost well now..........my husband (a non vaper/non smoker), but modder came home from work & showed me the LITTLE TINY holes that will filter the vapor up through the atty into my mouth.

He also suggested backflow (dripping into the atty, then blowing it down into the ceramic piece/well area).........I was like "OMG, that is exactly how the maker/owner of these mods says is the easiest way to fill~!"

Thank you namuch for answering my plea for help!! I see that YOU also use the back flow to fill the ceramic well too! This is working like a charm! I've got some really good hits, & all I have on it is a standard resistance joye 510 atty.

I knew this was too nice of a mod to give up without at least trying a few different things.

yep, those LR 306 attys are thirsty!! I've used them on another mod of mine, but it's just too hot of a vape for me, lol.......I do have some here, maybe i'll give that a shot next!!

This mod is going to vegas vapefest with me FOR SURE!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I think all is almost well now..........my husband (a non vaper/non smoker), but modder came home from work & showed me the LITTLE TINY holes that will filter the vapor up through the atty into my mouth.

He also suggested backflow (dripping into the atty, then blowing it down into the ceramic piece/well area).........I was like "OMG, that is exactly how the maker/owner of these mods says is the easiest way to fill~!"

Thank you namuch for answering my plea for help!! I see that YOU also use the back flow to fill the ceramic well too! This is working like a charm! I've got some really good hits, & all I have on it is a standard resistance joye 510 atty.

I knew this was too nice of a mod to give up without at least trying a few different things.

yep, those LR 306 attys are thirsty!! I've used them on another mod of mine, but it's just too hot of a vape for me, lol.......I do have some here, maybe i'll give that a shot next!!

This mod is going to vegas vapefest with me FOR SURE!

Yes we almost need to redo the manuals that come with the units. Blowing through the atty to push the liquid down into the RES is the easiest way to do it, by far. Like I said in a different thread, each person has their sweet spot, it just takes a little time for each to figure theirs out. I'm glad you are getting yours down and liking it. Once you figure it out, it truly is one of the best mods you can get. Looking forward to you showing it off at vapefest. As for the LR 306, in my opinion there is nothing better. I always use the ultra with the IMR 14500 battery and a LR 306 atty. For me that is the perfect setup. I would highly suggest giving it another shot.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
ok, I've decided that I am loving this so much that I bought the ultramax case that was in the classifieds. I just ordered the regular ultramax top with switch, the matching drip tip, & a cape cod cloth from the innovapor website. I'm pretty excited as to what can come next with this unit as an "add on"........instead of purchasing a whole entire new unit. This thing vapes extremely nice!! Ya'll can feel free to hook me up with some menthol juice if you'd like. :) I'll do a review of it.

I had to buy the regular top cap, because I didn't want to contaminate the RES with menthol.......plus sometimes when I leave work........nothing but a pre-filled menthol carto will do the trick when i've hardly vaped during my 12 hour shift.

I'm totally digging the idea that the regular top cap has the switch BUILT IN!! This is fantastic!!!!! So, I don't even need to worry about changing the switch out............just take off the res & put the regular top cap on! Fabulous!

It's been about 5 months since i've used a 17650........so i'm trying to remember the battery life on them. I've got 8. I'm thinking it was quite a bit less than the 18650s though.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
ok, I've decided that I am loving this so much that I bought the ultramax case that was in the classifieds. I just ordered the regular ultramax top with switch, the matching drip tip, & a cape cod cloth from the innovapor website. I'm pretty excited as to what can come next with this unit as an "add on"........instead of purchasing a whole entire new unit. This thing vapes extremely nice!! Ya'll can feel free to hook me up with some menthol juice if you'd like. :) I'll do a review of it.

I had to buy the regular top cap, because I didn't want to contaminate the RES with menthol.......plus sometimes when I leave work........nothing but a pre-filled menthol carto will do the trick when i've hardly vaped during my 12 hour shift.

I'm totally digging the idea that the regular top cap has the switch BUILT IN!! This is fantastic!!!!! So, I don't even need to worry about changing the switch out............just take off the res & put the regular top cap on! Fabulous!

It's been about 5 months since i've used a 17650........so i'm trying to remember the battery life on them. I've got 8. I'm thinking it was quite a bit less than the 18650s though.

Usually a good cleaning of the RES will rinse out even the most pungent of liquids, but its always nice to not have to bother with it. I only vape one liquid, Regular Full, so I don't have to worry about that problem.

The 17670 does not have as much battery life as an 18650, but it will still last the normal vaper about 2 days. I know it last me about that long, and I am usually vaping all day. I suppose if you are a really serious vaper it might only last you a day, but thats still long enough.

As for the menthol, PM me your address and what flavor intensity and strength you would like to try and I'll send you some samples.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Sorry it took me a bit to get back with you.........been working the past few days. I'll honestly vape any strength, but I know that I can't do 24mg allday/everyday. Yeah, I must be getting old, because it caught up with me last month.

Thanks again so much! I've got it down to where every hit is an awesome hit! I got my case in the mail today & some new LR attys.....HEAVEN!

tomadc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm still trying to get the hang of the RES. I keep getting a little juice back up into the drip tip. It works good though, I have the Ultra RES on top of my GGTB and it looks great.

I'd love to see a picture of that.
Did you have to adapt it in order to make it work?

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
I'm still trying to get the hang of the RES. I keep getting a little juice back up into the drip tip. It works good though, I have the Ultra RES on top of my GGTB and it looks great.

I have the same problem. When I refresh the RES, I drip about 10 drops down the atty and wait about 5 minutes. The first few hits I take flood the atty. If I try blowing down into it, same thing, first pull brings all the juice back into the atty. Pretty frustrating.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I have the same problem. When I refresh the RES, I drip about 10 drops down the atty and wait about 5 minutes. The first few hits I take flood the atty. If I try blowing down into it, same thing, first pull brings all the juice back into the atty. Pretty frustrating.

Rather than taking your first pull, just try activating the atomizer for 5-10 seconds and then try taking a pull. If you can't blow the excess juice back into the RES just try and burn it out so you don't get a mouthful of liquid.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
just checking in...........
also wanted to say that I adore this mod!!!! I love the RES! I love it with the regular top cap with a tank, sapphire, or scubagen on it. The alpha ultramax grows on me more & more each day :)

That's great to hear you are liking it so much. It really is an awesome mod once you figure it out. I don't use anything else.

Ande

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Korea
Semi-weird ultramax question-

does the Kit (advanced) work only with RES, or could I also use it as a regular batt mod on other tanks and things.

I'd like to try RES, but have a few other options that I'd also like to use on my next mod.

Another way of asking, I guess- do the RES kits also come with the regular endcap, or does that have to be purchased separately? (And for how much?)

best,
Ande

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Semi-weird ultramax question-

does the Kit (advanced) work only with RES, or could I also use it as a regular batt mod on other tanks and things.

I'd like to try RES, but have a few other options that I'd also like to use on my next mod.

Another way of asking, I guess- do the RES kits also come with the regular endcap, or does that have to be purchased separately? (And for how much?)

best,
Ande

No the advanced kits only come with the RES. The standard atomizer interface can be purchased here (starting at $24.99): Alpha Electronic Cigarette Replacement Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread