RES w/o atomizer interface available for purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlDynamite

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Illinois/Metro East
FYI, Innovapor has the RES without the atomizer interface available for purchase online. Good for people who want to take along an extra flavor. Or for people who can't wait for the RES to dry :)

Guys, what do you think about selling the RES core and cover separately as well? If someone wants to replace only one part for whatever reason.

Ace73

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Kentucky
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but are you guys planning on offering RES tanks with 510 connections so I can use it on the expensive mod I just bought before yours came out. I am saving for an UltraMax, but I love the idea of ceramic juice wells. It would be awesome it it came in stainless steel, but I am not greedy.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but are you guys planning on offering RES tanks with 510 connections so I can use it on the expensive mod I just bought before yours came out. I am saving for an UltraMax, but I love the idea of ceramic juice wells. It would be awesome it it came in stainless steel, but I am not greedy.

That wouldnt be a bad idea, an all mods REs, I like the res better than any other feeder I have tried so I would love to have one to share with my other mods. We have been buggin n8t and sleephater about a stainless alpha in another thread but it looks like it might get upgraded to titanium. Who knows though.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Would be fantastic to see that, the RES is the truelly revolutionary aspect, and the whole reason I bought an Alpha. I'm afraid it would lead to lost sales for the entire kit though. Kinda like why you cant buy a GG UFS adapter even though Imeo is charging $220 for just a base model GGTS now. $220 + 140 for UFS + shipping= insane amount of money. Alpha does just as well, if not better because of that RES at half the price.

Would gladly pay double the current RES price if it had an adapter, would be wonderful to use it on a VV device.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Would be fantastic to see that, the RES is the truelly revolutionary aspect, and the whole reason I bought an Alpha. I'm afraid it would lead to lost sales for the entire kit though. Kinda like why you cant buy a GG UFS adapter even though Imeo is charging $220 for just a base model GGTS now. $220 + 140 for UFS + shipping= insane amount of money. Alpha does just as well, if not better because of that RES at half the price.

Would gladly pay double the current RES price if it had an adapter, would be wonderful to use it on a VV device.

The issue we face in developing a universal RES for use with any mod is simply one of production throughput. We can only run so many parts per day/week/month. We have are production of all the products we sell, the complete Alpha line and accessories as well as maintaining some throughput for our next upcoming products.

If we start producing a universal RES then it bumps our next project back. We feel that the next project is going to be pretty incredible and we do not want to sacrifice bringing that to you guys.

Cheers,

SH

AlDynamite

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Illinois/Metro East
The issue we face in developing a universal RES for use with any mod is simply one of production throughput. We can only run so many parts per day/week/month. We have are production of all the products we sell, the complete Alpha line and accessories as well as maintaining some throughput for our next upcoming products.

If we start producing a universal RES then it bumps our next project back. We feel that the next project is going to be pretty incredible and we do not want to sacrifice bringing that to you guys.

Cheers,

SH

While making it universal would be nice, I would think it would hurt sales of full units as well. And the full unit of the Apex line has a fantastic form factor. If people want to buy the RES, they would actually be doing themselves a favor by buying the whole unit, because it works so well together. Save the universal adapter ideas for a rainy day. Like you said, improving design and functionality is a better service to your current customers.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
So I'm saving my pennies for an Ultra, do I wait for the next thing or will it be comparable with the ultra?

Everything we are doing builds off the Alpha. The Alpha is the core technology, and everything in the pipeline is built to be a modular addition to the Alpha. There will be no new and improved alpha or version 2.0 that makes the current alpha's obsolete. I personally cannot stand paying good Money for something just to have it be outdated in a few months.

So our philosophy is different. We have built what we feel is the best core technology for an electronic cigarette. Now we aim to build of that core technology to make it even better. All of our upcoming products will only improve the Alpha or give the option of increased fuctionality to those that want it.

Cheers,

SH

Last edited:

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Everything we are doing builds off the Alpha. The Alpha is the core technology, and everything in the pipeline is built to be a modular addition to the Alpha. There will be no new and improved alpha or version 2.0 that makes the current alpha's obsolete. I personally cannot stand paying good Money for something just to have it be outdated in a few months.

So our philosophy is different. We have built what we feel is the best core technology for an electronic cigarette. Now we aim to build of that core technology to make it even better. All of our upcoming products will only improve the Alpha or give the option of increased fuctionality to those that want it.

Cheers,

SH

I like that idea, Noah, being able to upgrade rather than buying a complete new one.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I like that idea, Noah, being able to upgrade rather than buying a complete new one.

Me too! We build products that we love, and we love to vape. So first and foremost we built a device we wanted, and I think that is a better approach then building a product that you think you can make a bunch of money off of, either because it will fail and the customer will have to buy another one, or because the "next best version" will make the previos model obsolete.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK

Cheers,

SH

It's the lack of VV would be the only reason I would need an adapter. I can't vape 1.5 ohm joyes on a fresh bat without burning the juice, and after a year of vaping, I can't stand that burnt taste anymore. Same for the 2.5 ohms today I got with the kit, can't vape those at 6volts without that burnt taste coming through. Absolutely love that RES, but had to order some more 2.0 ohms 510, 3.5 ohm 510s, 2.0 ohm 306 and 3.5 ohm 306 to vape without the burn taste. Thats a lot of attys to keep in stock just to compensate for stepping down to a non VV unit again. Same vape quality can be achieved without VV, but you really gotta ACE the ohms on the attys, and still you will suffer performance as the battery drains.

Maybe me and the wife are the only ones out there that have issues with the super LR attys, I'm not really sure. I just hate to see people turned off the alpha because they hit it, and it tastes bad then they blame the RES instead of blaming the atty. The RES vapes fine and feeds the atty perfectly, even for heavy vapors like me. 6m+ a day and not a single burnt draw exept when empty--- but only on a 2.0 ohm.

Not sure if the innovape line of juice is pure VG, but it is crazy thick. I tried vaping the juice that came with the kit, and it did take a few more drags before it burned. I prefer the 70/30 pg/vg in general.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Stownz, I don't like lr attys either. I can handle 2.0s but do prefer the standard ones. Part of my problem I think is that I have a tendency on taking real long draws so I'm trying to change that. And I'm getting better on being able to tell when I need to add juice or stop for a while to let the Res catch up with me.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Stownz, I don't like lr attys either. I can handle 2.0s but do prefer the standard ones. Part of my problem I think is that I have a tendency on taking real long draws so I'm trying to change that. And I'm getting better on being able to tell when I need to add juice or stop for a while to let the Res catch up with me.

Yep I am part of the super long draw club as well so 1.5 ohm cant keep up usually but I am yet to try one on the ultra with res.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
I'm weird and find the 1.5 lrs are too hot for me. I can handle the 2.0 but prefer the standard ones. I should be getting my order of the standard ones tomorrow - 2 days early. At least the tracking shows they left the Richmond station this evening and they are only about 16 miles or so from my station. Yay for TmeisT's shipping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread