ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
New York City

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I'm looking to purchase an RDA on FastTech. Most of the RDA's they sell have a column that says "Resistance (Mfg Rated) 2 Ohm". In place of 2 Ohm it may be 2.4 Ohm, 1 Ohm, et cetera, depending on the RDA.

$2.35 RDA Mini Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (1.0ml) - 2.4ohm / silver / 1*airhole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Does this mean that for a Mfg rated 2 ohm device only 2 ohm coils should be used, or that any coils 2 ohm and higher may be used?
Hi,
In general, the unit comes with a coil and they state the resistance of the included coil.
1395707-1.jpg

If you can get the wire/coil to fit, it should work just fine at most any resistance.
I think 28AWG may be the largest wire that will fit in the post holes. Coil Diameter tends to max out at about 1.5mm.
Consider that the deck is small and wick space is at a premium, the lower you go the faster the wick will dry out.
If you are planning to use this to sample juice, I would suggest getting something closer to what you use on a daily basis. Comparing apples to cucumbers is a path to frustration.

HTH
I

Reactions: sharkey

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Most atty's rated like that are meant for higher resistance coils due to heat production and having junky rubber insulators.

The one you referenced would not last long with anything lower than 2Ω's. I've had them. Not very good in any aspect.

If you want a nice, small atty, I'd suggest an Origen Little. The clones are cheap, much better quality than the one you listed and they're one of the best small atty's ever made.

Reactions: sharkey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread