Retiring Ego-CC, need pen style replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
I have been using the Ego-C clearomizer Type A Standard resistance for a really long time, since I retired my M401 actually. They have been durable and reliable and I have been very pleased with them, but, replacement parts are becoming difficult to obtain.
So, any recommendations on durable and reliable pen style equipment would be appreciated.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I bought a joyetech eGo AIO Eco kit to keep in my pocket as a standby mod. After trying it i was amazed that such a small pen-style device could work as well as it does.
I would nudge you into looking at a few reviews of it for a better idea of just how small this is and how well it performs as a (to me) medium MTL set-up.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I have been using the Ego-C clearomizer Type A Standard resistance for a really long time, since I retired my M401 actually. They have been durable and reliable and I have been very pleased with them, but, replacement parts are becoming difficult to obtain.

There are still reputable vendors who have the eGo-C various parts, if you need/want them as back-ups to possibly newer pen-styled devices.

However, if you'd like a set-up that's about the same size, has a topfill tank on it (come with a 1.5ohm coil installed), 650mAh battery that is easily recharged, and it takes the inexpensive readily available Kanger Dual Coils (approx. $4-$4.75/box of 5)....you might want to check out the KangerTech TopEvod Kit. My Freedom Smokes has them, and they're on sale now. I still use a couple of mine, and several people I've helped to switch to vaping are still using theirs and are happy with them. At the price on MFS you might even want to get more than 1, because when I bought mine they were higher than even the $14.95 price MFS was selling them for...and they were IMO still well worth it.

Kanger Top Evod Starter Kit

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Good suggestions so far.

If you're definitely fixed on a pen style, consider the new Innokin Endura T18II. It has a primitive variable voltage regulating chip (but only 3 fixed settings: 10.5W, 12W, and 13.5W) , and a 1300 mAh battery with pass thru ability (can vape while it charges). Tank takes 1.8 ohm coils and has an adjustable air flow ring.

However, for a more reliable and durable battery device (and you don't mind a non-pen style battery) that has more options for variable wattage settings, and is waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof, consider the Geekvape Aegis Mini. Still extremely small, lightweight, and pocket-friendly. Takes only a half hour to charge via micro USB.

9672750-4.jpg

The Aegis Mini starter kit comes with the sub-ohm Cerberus tank, a great tank but which may be a little more than you are used to concerning vapor production being that it is a direct-to-lung tank that uses sub-ohm coils. I happen to have this starter kit and it is my second favorite setup currently in use. Coils for this tank have a recommended wattage setting of 30 - 40 watts.

You could buy the Aegis Mini mod separately and pair it with the lower wattage, mouth-to-lung Innokin Zenith clearomizer. I bought this setup for my daughter for Christmas. Coil options are 0.8 and 1.6 ohm for a 10 - 14 watts wattage setting.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I'll just toss this in here. Consider the Eleaf iStick Amnis starter kit. Comes with the GS Drive tank. Don't let the phrase "subohm tank" in the description chase you away, that's just marketing. It's a nice little 900 mAh MTL also. Will fire any of the GS coils 1.5, 1.2, .75 or if you feel like a walk on the wild side there's a .35 mesh coil. Comes with .75 and .35 but the 1.2 and 1.5 are readily available. It does well with my 1.5 coils but I'm really liking it with AFC open just a tiny sliver and .75 coil.
For size comparison here it is next to a 650mah Evod with original GS Air tank on top.

IMG_20190101_032951.jpg

Eleaf iStick Amnis 30W Starter Kit | Vape Kits

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
I've looked at everyone's recommendations and thank everyone for taking the time to respond. So far the eGo AIO Eco and Innokin Endura T18II would be a top contenders due to not only the pen style and size, but also the availability of replacement parts. The KangerTech TopEvod Kit looked like a good candidate, but, a lot of dud batteries recently on reviews and price wise it appears that the product is phasing out. I'll need to check on that with the AIO and T1811 too.
I did notice the eGo AIO Eco has a glass chamber, that wouldn't last long with my frequency of drops. Have they changed the material of that part or is it not as fragile as I'm thinking? I have also noticed they have low resistance .5 ohms. I see reviews stating that some only get 1-2 weeks max, and some only a few days, from the AIO coil.
The Innokin Endura T18II has a 1.5 ohm which is closer to the resistance I'm currently using at 2.4 ohm. I saw that the coils last around 1 month so the T1811, is this comparable to what others find?
I am under the impression that low resistance atomizers have a hotter vape.
I get about 6 months on atomizers using 6 setups, so 1.3 ml juice each at 2+/- ecigs a day with the atomizers are lasting at least month each. I use unflavored 95% pg + 5% vg juice, just enough vapor to have light visual mental satisfaction and none if I wait about 30sec to exhale (like when someone enters my office) and am MTL user.
Since my ecig is on my desk or in my hand at work I am partial to one that isn't glaringly an ecig. Most everyone knows I vape in my office but sometimes people who may not be as accepting pass through.

Last edited:

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Hi - I think the Ego AIO Eco runs at a low, fixed voltage (< 2V, afaik), so it's not pushing much power - maybe around 7 watts. I haven't tried one, but it looks nice. With thin unflavoured liquid, you'll likely get the best from the coils. AFAIK, the airflow is fixed, but there's an alternative mouthpiece if you prefer a tighter draw. I don't know if it's bundled - you'd need to check.

When I used the original Endura T18, I could get a few weeks from a coil. With unflavoured and less power (< 10W), they lasted a good bit longer. The T18II can work at 10.5W - that should help if you're happy with the vape.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Don't be put off by the eGo AIO Eco coils being 0.5 ohm - you really wouldn't know they are 'sub ohm' when using them - the battery has a fixed 1.85v output that will maintain that voltage until cut-off.
I don't want to come across as a shill for them but i was very impressed by the performance and longevity of the battery.
I am still using the same coil 3 weeks in - but i only use it as a back-up device so coil longevity is something i can't really confirm.
Good luck in whatever you decide :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The KangerTech TopEvod Kit looked like a good candidate, but, a lot of dud batteries recently on reviews and price wise it appears that the product is phasing out.

I'm curious. Did you read reviews somewhere else other than on MFS, for the ones they've sold, even recently? How long other vendors had the product in stock before they were bought...could have affected the battery in the kit. I've had my kits since late 2016 and all are still working fine.

I just went back and read the most recent 6 pages of reviews (30 of them since 11/27/2017) on MFS, and there wasn't a single complaint at all. Ratings given by those buyers were all top-notch.

Lots of buyers who want pen-style or tube shaped kits, are leaning more toward the bigger ones now. They have larger capacity batteries and tanks. So many vendors are phasing out the smaller kits like the TopEvod. The main reasons I recommended it to you were because of the size (compared to your usual eGo-C set-up), its dependability, the inexpensive coils in a variety of ohms, and the decent vape.

I don't know anything about the T18ll kit, but I do have several of the original T18 tanks, and they're really nice, IMO. The coils last quite awhile, too. So you might like the newer T18ll Kit.

Last edited:

Paisley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2010
Florida
I'm curious. Did you read reviews somewhere else other than on MFS, for the ones they've sold, even recently? How long other vendors had the product in stock before they were bought...could have affected the battery in the kit. I've had my kits since late 2016 and all are still working fine.

I just went back and read the most recent 6 pages of reviews (30 of them since 11/27/2017) on MFS, and there wasn't a single complaint at all. Ratings given by those buyers were all top-notch
The reviews were on the KangerTech Top Evod spare batteries, the starter kits didn't have the dud comments. I tend to purchase extra batteries and parts for the equipment I use so if something fails I have backups and because I don't have multiple styles or brands and everything is interchangeable especially since I have only used the M401 and then the eGo-CC since 2008 when I first started vaping.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The reviews were on the KangerTech Top Evod spare batteries, the starter kits didn't have the dud comments.

OK, gotcha. I didn't even look for, or see, reviews for just the batteries. Any eGo threaded battery, or battery with an eGo threaded adapter on it, will work as a replacement battery to go with the tank though. At times, I use one of my regular eGo-T 650mAh or 1100mAh batteries with my TopTank Evod tanks. It's the same diameter, so looks fine with them. You just have the center metal ring and firing button between the tank and colored part of the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread