Status
Not open for further replies.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Im assuming you want to use just vw mode?, not temp control?

Ive been burnt by both the evolv dna chips (dna40) 7 months ago, and a month ago by the JoyeTech chip, which the rx200 uses a version of

If you want to save money, forego any support customer service, get the rx200

if you want a bit better reliability and 1000% better support (including replacement board on fault) & customer service, get the dna200

Last edited:

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
if you want a bit better reliability and 1000% better support (including replacement board on fault) & customer service, get the dna200
I could not agree more! only thing is it's more than a bit! The DNA200 is accurate, it actually is 200 watts, the TC can be adjusted to work with all most any wire. It is totally customizable including ramp up time and power!
Comparing the DNA200 to a Joyetech board is like comparing a Corvette to a Hyundai :)
Here's a good deal on one with 3 free batteries :)
Reuleaux DNA 200 Mod by Wismec $149.95 (3 FREE LG or Samsung Batteries)

Reactions: AnsonJames

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I could not agree more! only thing is it's more than a bit! The DNA200 is accurate, it actually is 200 watts, the TC can be adjusted to work with all most any wire. It is totally customizable including ramp up time and power!
Comparing the DNA200 to a Joyetech board is like comparing a Corvette to a Hyundai :)
Here's a good deal on one with 3 free batteries :)
Reuleaux DNA 200 Mod by Wismec $149.95 (3 FREE LG or Samsung Batteries)
Ive been accused of being too anti-JoyeTech (i have no idea why :) ) so i was understating by using the "bit" :)

Reactions: Steamer861

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Here's a good video comparing the two:

I have three joyetech/wismec devices (Evic VT, VTC Mini, Reuleaux rx200) that I've been incredibly happy with. The Evic vtc mini has adjustable tcr (without needing computer software) in the latest firmware and I'm hoping that the rx200 will get it in the future. You'll hear a lot of "the DNA200 is sooooo much better" but consider what you need. Is it $100 better? It's a very solid device, and accurate as seen in the video. Plus it has tc with nickel, titanium, and stainless steel without the need to set it up in the PC software. It also has reverse battery protection on the chip, which the DNA doesn't. If I remember correctly from the linked video, the DNA200 version is also of in its initial ohm reading due to mod resistance not being set by the manufacturer. The non-DNA version doesn't have the problem with the screen ribbon that the DNA version has. Etc...

I've bought mine from fasttech so I have a solid six month warranty. Usually you're supposed to go to the vendor, not the manufacturer (which in the case with this device would be one and the same) . As for Evolv's customer support, it appears to be superb. However, if you get your board replaced by them you'll likely have to remove it and reinstall it yourself (also, that's no help for us living outside the US).

Not saying which one you should get, but consider the pros and cons of both and don't get drawn in by fanboys or haters of either device.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Here's a good video comparing the two:

I have three joyetech/wismec devices (Evic VT, VTC Mini, Reuleaux rx200) that I've been incredibly happy with. The Evic vtc mini has adjustable tcr (without needing computer software) in the latest firmware and I'm hoping that the rx200 will get it in the future. You'll hear a lot of "the DNA200 is sooooo much better" but consider what you need. Is it $100 better? It's a very solid device, and accurate as seen in the video. Plus it has tc with nickel, titanium, and stainless steel without the need to set it up in the PC software. It also has reverse battery protection on the chip, which the DNA doesn't. If I remember correctly from the linked video, the DNA200 version is also of in its initial ohm reading due to mod resistance not being set by the manufacturer. The non-DNA version doesn't have the problem with the screen ribbon that the DNA version has. Etc...

I've bought mine from fasttech so I have a solid six month warranty. Usually you're supposed to go to the vendor, not the manufacturer (which in the case with this device would be one and the same) . As for Evolv's customer support, it appears to be superb. However, if you get your board replaced by them you'll likely have to remove it and reinstall it yourself (also, that's no help for us living outside the US).

Not saying which one you should get, but consider the pros and cons of both and don't get drawn in by fanboys or haters of either device.

True tis a pain to have resolder your replacement DNA board in yourself, but they do ship outside the US, i had 2 sent to Oz, the first one got lost in the mail system, i emailed them after the expected arrival date of the first onme and they promptly sent another one out...which didnt live long sadly. I gave up in the DNA40 at that point.... On the upside i think the dna200 has better solder points on the board this time around :)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
True tis a pain to have resolder your replacement DNA board in yourself, but they do ship outside the US, i had 2 sent to Oz, the first one got lost in the mail system, i emailed them after the expected arrival date of the first onme and they promptly sent another one out...which didnt live long sadly. I gave up in the DNA40 at that point.... On the upside i think the dna200 has better solder points on the board this time around :)
Sure, they ship outside the US, but it can get expensive.

Also, about accuracy. As seen in the video, the rx200 is as accurate as the DNA200 version, and both do true 200w.

deucesjack

Account closed on request
Oct 28, 2015
I have both and they both vape beautifully. If you're not into tinkering around with escribe and you're not running crazy ... builds or using TC then get the RX. If the things I just mentioned are important to you then get the DNA. In TC mode using a pre built Ni200 coil, same tank, same juice its real hard to tell the difference. Yes there it is i said it.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Sure, they ship outside the US, but it can get expensive.

Also, about accuracy. As seen in the video, the rx200 is as accurate as the DNA200 version, and both do true 200w.

AUD$11 for the postage (i looked it up in my email archive)...its cheaper by about 3 times than the cost of shipping anything from a vape shop in the US to Australia. Ill gladly pay Evolv AUD$11 of my upside down Oz currency any day for an entire new chip, as opposed to, well, no customer service from JoyeTech...

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Only cost 8 bucks to ship a DNA in to Ashtabula for RMA from Canada :) Evolv pays return shipping :)
The Dna has reverse Battery protection,only the DNA 30 does not
Until a good reviewer like Barsardo Says it's just as accurate as a DNA I will not Believe it!
I have an Evic VTC mini and it's accuracy was [removed] till the latest update 3.0 :(
Bottom line you can get the mod with the cheeper chip, I don't care :)
But know this all the innovation in the vaping mod's industry was invented by Evolv!!
Every one else just followed the Leader!

Last edited by a moderator:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Only cost 8 bucks to ship a DNA in to Ashtabula for RMA from Canada :) Evolv pays return shipping :)
The Dna has reverse Battery protection,only the DNA 30 does not
Until a good reviewer like Barsardo Says it's just as accurate as a DNA I will not Believe it!
I have an Evic VTC mini and it's accuracy was [removed] till the latest update 3.0 :(
Bottom line you can get the mod with the cheeper chip, I don't care :)
But know this all the innovation in the vaping mod's industry was invented by Evolv!!
Every one else just followed the Leader!

The DNA 200 does not have reverse battery protection, that's why the Reuleaux dna200 has those weird caps on the battery positive contacts. And DJlsb is a great reviewer, definitely on par with Pbusardo.

In any case, I don't have a stake in this case. I'm sure the DNA 200 is awesome and I want one, it just hasn't been worth it to me at the current prices combined with what for me are too many problems with the board. I'm just getting tired of the fanboyism. It's the provari fanaticism all over again.

I'm bowing out...

Last edited by a moderator:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York

The DNA 200 does not have reverse battery protection, that's why the Reuleaux dna200 has those weird caps on the battery positive contacts. And DJlsb is a great reviewer, definitely on par with Pbusardo.

In any case, I don't have a stake in this case. I'm sure the DNA 200 is awesome and I want one, it just hasn't been worth it to me at the current prices combined with what for me are too many problems with the board. I'm just getting tired of the fanboyism. It's the provari fanaticism all over again.

I'm bowing out...

You're thinking of the DNA 40 not the DNA 200 which not only HAS reverse battery protection but it's also impossible to put the batteries in backwards on the Wismec DNA 200. Other note Fasttech warranty is a joke, if you expect fast lead times from a China based company that's not going to happen, and the DNA 200 has a 1 year US based warranty, even if the board fails at 11 months they'll fix it. More over if the board fails after a year you can still contact them and get it fixed for a fee which China will just tell you to buy a new one.

Not a DNA 200 fan nor a Joyetech fan but let's not twist facts.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You're thinking of the DNA 40 not the DNA 200 which not only HAS reverse battery protection but it's also impossible to put the batteries in backwards on the Wismec DNA 200. Other note Fasttech warranty is a joke, if you expect fast lead times from a China based company that's not going to happen, and the DNA 200 has a 1 year US based warranty, even if the board fails at 11 months they'll fix it. More over if the board fails after a year you can still contact them and get it fixed for a fee which China will just tell you to buy a new one.

Not a DNA 200 fan nor a Joyetech fan but let's not twist facts.
Just checked the DNA 200 data sheet. Yes, reverse battery protection, but by blowing the fuse, which is very difficult to repair oneself. I wouldn't really call that reverse battery protection as we're used to on other boards.

The data sheet also says that there's an accessory board available that provides cell by cell protection for 18650s. So normal reverse battery protection is not built into the board.

And I have great experience with fasttech warranty. Sure, it'll take quite a lot of time, but you won't need to pay for shipping.

Look guys, I'm really not dissing the DNA 200 here. It looks like an awesome board. But it isn't perfect, and for most people the $100 cheaper rx200 version is good enough. Better actually, if one's computer skills aren't that good. The rx comes ready to go, which the dna200 doesn't. It would be awesome if manufacturers would preprogram settings for other common tc materials such as Ti01 and SS 316, and of course set up mod resistance etc so the end user doesn't have to bother with that.

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Evolv fanboys are becoming as annoying as the Provari fanboys from a year or so ago.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Just checked the DNA 200 data sheet. Yes, reverse battery protection, but by blowing the fuse, which is very difficult to repair oneself. I wouldn't really call that reverse battery protection as we're used to on other boards.

The data sheet also says that there's an accessory board available that provides cell by cell protection for 18650s. So normal reverse battery protection is not built into the board.

And I have great experience with fasttech warranty. Sure, it'll take quite a lot of time, but you won't need to pay for shipping.

Look guys, I'm really not dissing the DNA 200 here. It looks like an awesome board. But it isn't perfect, and for most people the $100 cheaper rx200 version is good enough. Better actually, if one's computer skills aren't that good. The rx comes ready to go, which the dna200 doesn't. It would be awesome if manufacturers would preprogram settings for other common tc materials such as Ti01 and SS 316, and of course set up mod resistance etc so the end user doesn't have to bother with that.

I'll repeat what I said earlier. Evolv fanboys are becoming as annoying as the Provari fanboys from a year or so ago.

You know what's really annoying to Me! Some one who don't even have a DNA 200 Giving advise on it! Calling Us fan boys!
You want to buy some thing else, go ahead Do you think I care! No, just trying to give some good advice and what do we get. Called Fan Boys. You Get What you pay for! you will learn that eventually.

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York

No idea where you're getting these facts from if you put the batteries in backwards it doesn't blow a fuse... what are you talking about? Have you even used a DNA 200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread