Reusing a coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to look into multiple tanks. One for each flavor. Beats swapping out coils.
Yeah actually I have 7 tanks for the Lost Vape Orion Plus and Q-Pro already. Love the mod, but I just quit salt nics because they were killing my lungs, so I tried to salvage as many coils as I could.

Reactions: Eskie

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Ah good point! I also live in a town where the mineral content is high in the water, just thought of that..
We have "hard" water too (it sucks) I just use cheap vodka... works great and dries a bit faster. I soak the coil for an hour (moving it around now and then) then blow through the top hole to get most out and let dry for hours.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
Ah good point! I also live in a town where the mineral content is high in the water, just thought of that..
my thought was,the wick was wet and drying then re wetting might not be good.you should experiment with both,see if there is a difference.Back when i used drop ins,would vape though the old flavor.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
seems like it would be better to leave in some pg,keep from drying out.i have no experience with it.just my :2c:
Not that it should hurt necessarily hurt anything, but they're not soaked in pg when you get them. Probably better to leave quite a few days to completely dry, then store them for when you need them. When I did drop-ins, I tried cleaning (hot water with some, alcohol with others) when they were spent, and it never revived them enough to make it worthwhile- but that isn't what you're asking. I'd do the same as you are, if there's a lot of life left in them.

I do DIY juices (make my own) so always have some unflavored "base" handy. When I want to switch flavors, I dump the little bit left in the tank and then vape some unflavored for awhile. Dump that and fill with the new flavor. Works great.
Excellent idea! Where’s a good place to purchase base?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread