Revenant TVL Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I haven't been up on the new squonk mods for quite awhile. I was a little bored this afternoon and figured I'd see what could be had on the cheap and found the Revenant TVL Delta for under $40 shipped. I watched a couple of reviews and Tony and Grimm both gave it a thumbs up.

Has anyone owned one long term? Thoughts?

Reactions: stols001

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I’ve had two for about 6 months – saw it on a closeout for $30 and got one for myself, and a friend asked me to get one for him as well. He changed his mind, so I ended up with both. Don’t regret getting it at all, but also don’t think it was worth the $100 or so I saw them listed for when they first came out.

Zero problems with the pump system except when I forget that, unlike other pumpers, you need to hold the button down for liquid to be dispensed. It’s also the only pumper I know of that will suck back excess juice. Filling is straightforward. While you can fill it without opening the battery door, I recommend flipping the door open at first until you get the hang of filling to prevent messes. It could benefit from a larger visible area for the liquid level but it's workable.

It’s a very stripped-down board in terms of features. You get wattage. That's it. The up/down buttons could benefit from being a bit bigger and, unlike the full-featured Vaporesso boards, this really doesn’t need the middle menu button since it steals space that could have gone to the up/down buttons, and provides only minor functionality. Screen is clear and easy to read. Very comfortable to hold and fire. No problems with the battery door staying put.

My main concern when I got it was that it only came with one juice “tube” (really can’t call it a bottle). But, with reasonable care, it’s not suffered any issues and I expect it will provide for a good amount of use.

I got the kit which included the RDA. Works very well with mesh; pretty meh with regular coils. I use the RDA on my dual battery squonkers since mesh builds can run through a single battery pretty quickly.

It’s not my favorite since I tend to prefer either a lot of features (especially TC) or, conversely, a straight mech, but it provides good performance in a compact package that has an effective pumping system.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
I haven't been up on the new squonk mods for quite awhile. I was a little bored this afternoon and figured I'd see what could be had on the cheap and found the Revenant TVL Delta for under $40 shipped. I watched a couple of reviews and Tony and Grimm both gave it a thumbs up.

Has anyone owned one long term? Thoughts?
It's a really dumbed down version of a vaporesso chipset that has 90% of the functions blocked with no hope of an update. And the bottle is very proprietary and you can not as far as I know purchase one. Otherwise for basic wattage vaping it's a great device. The atomizer that comes with it is trash. Like legit I know usually with rdas it's the build that makes it work or not work and most of the time when people say and RDA is trash it's because they haven't figured out how to build on it yet but the RDA that goes on it is an afterthought that stole the name from a much better RDA. So if you got the kit don't be discouraged if you hate the RDA. I'm not saying it doesn't work I'm just saying that it's not the most flavorful thing in the world it's got some design flaws that just make it very substandard.

The mod itself is solid it feels good in your hand, the filling system is awesome. As long as you're happy with using wattage it works exactly as it should and overall it's at least in my book a 7 out of 10 for what it is. Now the original price it came out as was ridiculous it is definitely not worth that because of how basic it is and because of that proprietary bottle that they only give you one of. There is a gasket in that bottle that will eventually break down in my opinion. I was fortunate and batman actually sent me one of his old review models so that I can have an extra bottle because you literally can't buy them as far as I know I've never seen one for sale. But I do believe that it is a hearty device that's going to last for quite a long time. I have never dropped it but I believe it could survive a drop or two so long as it doesn't break the battery door. The battery door seems like it's not going to work out very well but once the batteries are in it it's a pretty solid door.

Reactions: inswva

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
As far as using it when you press it to squonk it it's sort of shoots up in most atomizers of course it is dependent on which style of deck it is but if it's a straight tube it's going to just kind of shoot up into the coil which is really nice. And you press the button and hold it down and it just keeps pumping it's not something that you're going to want to press press press press press really fast I mean it's not going to hurt anything but you're not going to make anything faster a slow long steady press is the way to go. Also it does suck back not as strong as you're going to see with a regular squonk system but it does retrieve the liquid for the most part. It's just a solid device it's nice it's no-nonsense it's easy to use and the way you fill it is amazing

Last edited:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Thanks for the input! I don't use TC so wattage mode is all I would ever need. I'm all about easy refilling - I love my Topside Dual for that reason so the TVL sounds like a winner! If I'm happy with it after a few weeks, I'll probably need to buy another one.
It's always nice to have a spare. Even though the gasket looks like something that's going to wear down throughout time it also looks like something that may be repairable I've had mine for like 7 mths and it's still working though I haven't used it constantly it's regularly in my rotation because it's so easy to fill

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I bought one around Xmas. Liked it so much bought two more. It does what it says it does and is an enjoyable way to squonk not sure what the prices are now but I think the sale prices during the holidays were in the $30ish area. I’m not 100% positive though. I’d have to check my invoices.

the only downside is the don’t sell a replacement plastic bottle. I actually just slide the entire unit out when refilling and changing the battery that way the refill pin doesn’t “wear” out.

but since I have three I’m not to worried about it cracking.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Revenant showed up today. I *love* the filling mechanism. It's kind of a brick and a finger print magnet but, so far so good!

jJbGlTt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread