Review: Gourmet Vapor Tropical Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
A dank basement in SE Minnesota
Disclaimer stuff: I purchased this e-liquid for consumption, not for review. The following is unbiased, but remember that tastes vary widely. One person's favorite may be another's worst flavor.

I don't know if this juice is a Gourmet Vapor creation or was concocted by one of their customers. This is a problem for me; I can never determine from looking at a flavor whether it was designed by GV or by one of its customers. I also do not like their website for a couple reasons, including the fact that the Create Flavor is very tough to navigate to.

But we're not talking about their site; we're talking about a juice that has become a favorite of mine, GV Tropical Lemonade.

I specified 50/50 PG/VG when I ordered this, and its nicotine level is 18 mg./l.

Tropical Lemonade features flavors of mango, guava, lemon and orange to make a complex and pleasing flavor. If you have found lemon flavors to be too artificial in the past, this one deserves a try. The citric acid taste is very soft, just enough to give the lemon component some tang without being bitter or sharp. The additional fruit flavors round out this very good lemon base note and give this juice an interesting and complex exhale.

I rate juices and hardware using an old-fashioned report card scale, where A is perfect and F means, "throw this swill in the trash. Don't defile your atomizer with this rat puke."

Aroma: B-minus: Sadly, the aroma out of the bottle *is* artificial. I would have liked to have it a bit more "natural." Frankly the aroma sniffing the bottle is Lemon Pledge.

Flavor: A-minus! Despite the initial artificiality of the aroma, once vaporized this stuff turns to magic. I originally sampled this using regular strength flavoring, then doubled the flavorant level for my ordered bottle. I really didn't need to double the flavor level; it would have been fine at regular strength. What I will probably do is mix the two bottles together to get to some kind of middle ground.

Vapor Production: B+, but you'd expect that with the 50/50 VG/PG mix I specified in the order. One nice thing about Gourmet Vapor is that you can specify any balance of VG/PG that's comfortable for you.

Throat Hit: B+/A-minus. This one grabbed my throat by the boo-boo and wouldn't let go. I had difficulty swallowing saliva after the fourth hit. I can only imagine how aggressive the throat hit would be at higher PG levels.

Value: B. GV is expensive. Yes, you get what you pay for and the juices are good. Customer service is on par with other juice vendors; Todd responds very quickly to customer concerns and shipping is fast enough, considering the fact that each bottle is mixed and bottled individually. The value here comes not from low price but from quality.

Overall: B+/A-minus. I don't know how this juice could be improved, but I think it could be. Somehow.

This is not an all-day vape, but if you're looking for a refreshing, mouth-watering vape you'll like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread