Review of the Joye 306 Electronic Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I am a fan of exposed atomizers for dipping and the 306 atomizer with a 510 battery is a nice combo. On the manual the 306 is pretty close to the 510 in production (not half IMO) and since it dips thumbs up. Once there is a 510 battery that can last through a good vaping session the 306 atty/ 510 batty is the perfect set up again IMHO.

Visit the 'new' 306 sub-forum.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
You know I've never actually tried dipping it...I'll give it a go tonight :)

With the 306's sometimes it created close to the same amount of vapor as the 510 other times not so much. Also the batteries are a little weird. Much like the M401 they have a mind of their own. Glad you guys liked the video. A little laid back I know, but it's our style ;)

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
You know I've never actually tried dipping it...I'll give it a go tonight :)

With the 306's sometimes it created close to the same amount of vapor as the 510 other times not so much. Also the batteries are a little weird. Much like the M401 they have a mind of their own. Glad you guys liked the video. A little laid back I know, but it's our style ;)

To me the battery is the key. I think with auto batteries you have to train yourself to turn it on and inhale with the same breath and thats not always consistent. The manual batteries let you concentrate on your draw which can then be drawn out to the proper slow and low drag that works best with these things and is much more consistent and idiot proof. With the auto bat the 306 is just another exposed atomizer e-cig, which I obviously like, but there are longer lasting batteries out there (401 and J108). With the manual battery the 306 atomizer gains that consistency and for people who don't like carts becomes a very good little dipping e-cig. With the promise of a manual evo battery and a higher capacity 510 battery out there things are getting interesting for exposed atomizer fans.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
The 306 was my first e-cig. I didn't expect it to be so small when I first took it out of the box. The vapor almost seemed to double when dripping directly on the atomizer. The battery goes off anytime it is slightly rattled. Good new is it's very responsive. I really loved the model, but couldn't wait to get rid of it because of the short battery time. It left me stranded a few times and that just wouldn't do. 45 mins-1.5 hours isn't unusual for this model. The one I had looked like a cigarette and when I first started I had a tendency to tap the end over an ashtray (it's that small) forgetting it wasn't a real cigarette.

I always said the Joye510 is what you get when you take everything good from the 306 and mix it with the 901. Keep in mind, it's a wonderful e-cig but when you see that it's only a little shorter then the 510 and they're both pretty much the same price... You're better off going with the 510.

--Prof Daffy

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yea I agree ProfessorDaffy, it's not a bad model by any means, but if someone had to choose, the 510 would definitely be the way to go. I tried dipping the 306 instead of dripping and it worked about the same to be honest. Maybe a little more vapor. But it does make life a little easier doing it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread