REVIEW: Taboo flavor - LiquidXpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I've been vaping the straight up Taboo from LiquidXpress for many months now (it is my all-day vape by a long shot), and I have to say the 510 cartos that I just got with Taboo in them is not the same formula by any stretch of the imagination.

The buttery taste that has been mentioned in this thread and others, is definitely prevalent, but it is also lacking in that superb tobacco undertone that both the Taboo and Flue Cured from LiquidXpress have in common.

I'm gonna boil and thoroughly clean out these 510 cartomizers tonight, and refill with my stock Taboo liquid. Hopefully it's not the cartos that is causing this flavor.

I will post later with my findings...

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
namuch, You are def. right. Very interested in your results.

The carto seems to have both overcome the initial sweetness of its base (butter taste) and gives completely different inhale taste/TH/amount of vape compared to me dripping the juice with several different attys 2.4 and 2.0 Ohm.

I have'nt torn open a carto yet, but wonder what stain color the filler is. Is it red like the juice color?

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
The liquid would be a brownish, the bottled liquid is matching a color scheme for our liquids. The cartomizers are not 2.4 or 2.0 but are 2.7ish.

Rob
Thanks Rob, was going to look that up tonight.
So carto attys are running cooler at 2.7...... so if I vaped the taboo juice at a cooler range (like an old atty might) then may be closer to carto:confused:
I found taboo juice sweeter tasting with cooler atty and richer with 2.0 Ohm.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I have noticed some color difference over the last few months of my Taboo juice, which is interesting. If I recall, last year, I think the juice was a brownish color. My last bottles of juice have been red in color, which is what I currently have. I just placed an order for another 60ml of Taboo. Will those now be brown? The taste has been fine. I've so far noticed no changes in the taste of the juice, it has been very consistent.

I really hope nothing is changing in the taste of the Taboo...

I could not tell the color of what was in the 510 carto, I had to boil them, and never thought to pry out one of the caps before I did that to check the color. I'm letting them air out a bit overnight, then I'll fill one up tomorrow and have some insights on the flavor with the bottled Taboo...

mindtwist69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
The color changes have been due to us getting our liquids to match a color listing so that we can tell different liquids apart. The taboo is still pink/red, if you order a bottle now. We don't care about the color inside of a carto so didn't have them add the color. We did this change slowly thru our liquids over the past 6 to 8 months. We are tossing the idea around to take it back, many people are put off and think the color issue changes the taste, it doesn't but I can't name how many times I've made myself believe something just because my eyes see something different. We are NOT CHANGING ANY TASTES of our liquids. The bottles and the carto's taste slightly different. The liquids are in different conditions and containers obviously between carto's and bottles. Also cartomizers are like any atomizers, they sometimes have a bad taste the first couple minutes of vaping due to being a fresh filament.

Cartomizers are slightly different in all aspects. I do not think they are for everyone or every situation. They are great for the on the go, I don't want to drip, don't have time to fool around situation.

All carto atty's don't run at 2.7. I just know ours do.

Rob

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Good info Rob! Thanks.
I'm relieved to hear that the flavors aren't changing, they are definitely perfect the way they are.

Some observations:
I'm very familiar with taste differences between different atomizers, and since I started last August, I've kinda hit a point where I like certain flavors with different devices. Some things taste great in cartos, some things only work really well dripped on an atomizer. Obviously we'd all like to find that holy grail where we get the flavor we want in the most convenient package possible, but like you said, sometimes those atomizer differences just cloud up the whole issue. I personally use the Taboo juice on my 510 (dripped) almost exclusively. I've been unable to get the same flavor satisfaction out of it from 808's or anything else I've tried. I'm hoping the 510 cartos can come a bit closer, which is why i'm going to the trouble of thoroughly cleaning and trying what I know is good juice.

But, if it still tastes "off" (at least to my taste, which is subjective as we all know), then at least I'll know it's the combination of the atty/filler in the carto that is throwing it off for me.

Still won't slow me down on my consumption of Taboo by any means.. :)
But it would be nice not to drip to get what I want out of it...

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
couldnt wait so just filled a (mostly empty) carto with taboo juice and find its not at all like the orig carto was. Tastes more similar to when juice is vaped from atty (not very supprised).
I am most impressed with how a new taboo carto overcomes the initial sweetness (of PG?) I find with so many liquids. Maybe carto has more VG-AG? but then how would it have such good th....:confused:

mindtwist69

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
SEE?!??! :w00t: I'm not the only one!! So THERE!!!!

hey, to me they taste kinda like kettle corn, not buttered popcorn, but I know the liquid going into the is exactly the same as the stuff in the bottles (minus the red). Which was the same as the brown when we first introduced it!

I think the caramel comes out more than the vanilla, but most predominant by far is the mix of tobacco and vanilla, I can tell that's what giving me the popcorn taste, but it still reminds me of popcorn.

Taste buds are as different as snowflakes which scares me, if any two people agree on a flavor we should celebrate!:thumbs:

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Hey Rob,

DonleyDoRight, who originally told me about your 510 cartos, said they work better, and taste different because "the coil is vertical not horz. like in most every other atty". Maybe this is why the cartos taste differnet than the carts/juice? I don't know what the Taboo is supposed to taste like, how about sending me a free sample bottle? :)

Edit: I also just tried one (Taboo carto) in my SB at 6v, same flavor, just warmer and more of it. So, I guess more like HOT buttered popcorn. LOL

Maybe we should run with it, add some saltyness to it?

Last edited:

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
Well, after thoroughly cleaning, drying, and refilling my Taboo cartos, from my taste it seems that the juice used in the batch of Taboo cartos that I have is different from the regular Taboo liquid.
I had no hint of the buttery flavor after refilling, and the vape was very smooth, the best I've ever had out of a cartomizer of any kind. It is almost as good as Taboo dripped on a 510, real close. In fact, the only gripe I have is that it lacks the punch of a 510 in vapor volume, otherwise it would have been perfect IMO.
My boiling and cleaning process I think is a bit much for these cartos, so some of that vapor volume loss may be attributed to what I put them through. I think the technology behind, whether it is just and airflow thing, or not, is a definite improvement in flavor over 808's. I will be excited to order some blank 510 cartos, and see how they perform before I abuse them.. :)

This is a followup to my post from yesterday about the buttery flavor in the Taboo cartos. if this is inappropriate in this thread, let me know and i'll move this post to a new thread.

Calicomarie

Mar 12, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hi, I posted this in the Honey flue carto thread, but this seams the more appropriate place. I ordered the Taboo and Cool rush cartos after checking this forum and i received my order today. The cartos taste really stale and they taste like the rubber and plastic packaging smells (if that makes sense). I tried wiping down the outside of the carto but it I still get this nasty stale taste on the exhale. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to get rid of the taste. I haven't used cartos before, so I don't know much about cleaning them. Is there a way to get the juice out and clean them without having to vape through the nastiness? or should i just throw them away and say good riddance. I really wanted to like these, but I the taste is starting to make me sick.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Hi, I posted this in the Honey flue carto thread, but this seams the more appropriate place. I ordered the Taboo and Cool rush cartos after checking this forum and i received my order today. The cartos taste really stale and they taste like the rubber and plastic packaging smells (if that makes sense). I tried wiping down the outside of the carto but it I still get this nasty stale taste on the exhale. Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a way to get rid of the taste. I haven't used cartos before, so I don't know much about cleaning them. Is there a way to get the juice out and clean them without having to vape through the nastiness? or should i just throw them away and say good riddance. I really wanted to like these, but I the taste is starting to make me sick.
hmmm....This is the first I have heard of this. What voltage are you vaping? I am sure Rob will stop in a may be able to shed some light on the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread