Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Charleston, WV
I couldn’t wait to get it open and get in a few drips. For this review I’m using an eGo battery and a fresh cartomiser from COV 2.8 ohm and my favorite drip tip. I put 15 drops in the carto and refill it with 5 drops when the flavor drops of a little, so I can get an accurate taste for the flavor. I am vaping 24mg again,since I ordered this before the massive headache I got from my last review. As always Halo includes a card that lets you know the flavor will change over the first 24-48 hrs.

At first taste I was caught of guard because to me it tastes like a fresh unsteeped bottle of Backwoods Brew Casablanca. The tobacco taste is really clean and crisp with a good bite at the end. It smells like burning maple chips, but doesn’t have the sweetness of a Casablanca, but there is a little sweetness in the bite at the end. Tribeca has a strong wood flavor that hits your mouth first and flows right into that dry tobacco flavor, and then the slight bite of sweet at the end. Don’t get me wrong this isn’t a sweet liquid but it’s a really nice finish, it does leave a sweet nicotine taste in your mouth.

The vapor is pretty thin for such a robust flavor. I tried dripping this straight into my stock 510 atty and still couldn’t produce much vapor. The vapor that does come out is again thin, the flavor is strong but the vapor is very weak. There isn’t much more to say about the vapor production but for such a thin vape it has a very aromatic quality. I love when the smell of the flavor brings out the taste. Any time your vape has a strong scent it adds to the perception of the flavor. I can’t get the smell of maple chips smoking on a grill out of my head. That cured smokey smell really makes this liquid even more enjoyable to vape.

Throat hit is moderate even at 24mg. I smoked Marlboro light 100s for the last 8 years that I smoked and the hit is pretty close to that, not harsh at all a very smooth yet satisfying drag.

Conclusion, I’m going to keep on this one for the next few days. This is a nice tobacco which is my preference, so i will have no problem keeping this once in my daily line up

For more on this review, along with pictures and a copy of the survey please see my full review Halo Tribeca Review

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
Atari, I hope you dont mind me posting my review in here for tribeca as well. Might as well make this an official thread for the tribeca reviews

I just received my sample today. Upon first smell it smells exactly like the juice that came in the prefilled carts for the DSE-601 e-pipe. Its a smell....for me...that is not very pleasent. It has a artificial cheap sweetish taste almost if it was sweetened with equal or sweet and low. I tried it for about 10 minutes and about 15 drops in my 510 standard atomizer on a omega.

I will try it again tomorrow and post it here again

RB37

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Loudoun County VA
Mine taste almost exactly like honeyvillevapors Smooth Cowboy, which taste like a mellower Bloog RY4. Granted I just got this about 2 hours ago, so I will give it a try every day for the next week or so and see how it steeps. I personally do not get a tobacco flavor at all, its really hard to describe exactly what it taste like, other than a mellow RY4 flavor.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I opened the mailbox, it is here. I haven't even filled up the carto yet but it smells wonderful. That is another plus from Halo, it is vapable the minute you get it (okay, so it might have to warm up a bit if your mailbox is out in the cold) I am so tired of getting liquid that has to sit for weeks before you can tell if it is good or not!

I am gonna try it the way I prefer to vape, with a carto at six volts. To me, if a juice taste good that way, it is most good any way you vape it!

I still can't get over the smell, nice and earthy.
Filling now...........
Vaping.......I get plenty of vape and TH, I actually switched out to the five volt chuck to take it down a notch, this liquid tends to burn a bit hotter. It is a thinner liquid, I don't mind that, great for cartos and tanks. Much more of a tobacco type taste. I am not a huge fan of that in general. I just notched it down again to 3.7V, now I am getting the woody taste. If you love tobacco flavors like marlboro, virginia, rye4 etc, you will love this stuff. I think your more fairer reviews will come from people who like those flavors, honestly, I never did so this won't be a favorite of mine. It isn't that it is bad at all, just not my thing. It is like vanilla for example, if you cannot stand vanilla than how can you fairly rate it? I feel I cannot rate it fairly because I just never cared for any flavor along this line. I am guessing you will have an instant hit on your hands!
I have to stick with my Torque, it is still my absolute favorite thing to vape! Thanks for the opportunity to try it. I'll play with it a bit and let my hubs try it out. I am still trying to get him to jump on the pv wagon.
I brought it up to my smoking husband, he smokes non menthol light cigs. He said, "That taste more like a cigarette" I am hooking him up with it! So maybe I didn't like it but maybe the old man will start hitting his chuck a little more often. I will update with that.

I typed as we tried it so this was a thirty minute post. :laugh:

ETA: I actually really liked the smell of it out of the bottle. Love the smell, might have to dab a bit on my pulse points. ;)

Last edited:

jbmcdan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2011
TX
I'm new to halo (and vaping) but have been trying every tobacco flavor from every vendor I can find...to me this is WONDERFUL! I got it today,and while the note said it'll change over the next 24-48 hours I just had to try it because it smells so good. I'm using just a basic 510 passthrough, regular atomizer,and new cartridge with shredded PTB filler. I'll try it again over the next couple of days, but just had to say I think it's terrific. Hope the Halo folks add it to their regular line up...

lindam

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Massachusetts
I've been vaping this straight for two days and I'm really liking it. I'm using an eGo-T. I got the 18 mg strength. I'm getting a ton of vapor and a really good throat hit. It smells like tobacco. It's the first juice I tried that actually tastes like tobacco. My favorite is Freedom but Tribecca might knock it out of first place.

roberted5

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2010
Missouri
I'm using an Ego with a standard 510 atomizer w/drip tip and sometimes cartomizers.I've been using Torque and Freedom,Torque being my favorite and I use Torque to Freedom at a 3 to 1 ratio.
This review is based on dripping.I like Tribeca better than Freedom.It does have an analog,nicotene taste,and more of a throat hit than Freedom and Torque.
I hope Halo starts marketing it.I still like Torque but this is just as good.
I'll be checking the website for 30ml bottles.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Further update. My cig smoking husband likes the stuff. Said so far out of everything I've given him to try (which were all the halo tobacco flavors) he likes this best. Said it tasted most like a cig. (This is why I didn't like it, I don't care for food flavored vapes but I don't want a true cig taste vape either) My husband does. So hopefully this will get him onto some type of vaping routine, I'd be happy with a 50/50 at this point. His cig habit cuts into my vaping habit....the sooner he stops the more I have for vaping supplies! :)

PS. I bought those aluminum colored drip tips from you. I know everyone has them but it was a convenient order. I kind of like them as I use tips for all my cartos and tanks. Thank you.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
I normally vape menthol most times since I smoked Kools for 40 years, but was willing to give Tribeca a honest try.
I first vaped it straight from my Buzz on a 3.2ohm carto at 5v. Typical non menthol "feel" to me with a nice taste. Then I added a couple menthol drops to the carto and vaped the entire time until the carto needed loading up again. Surprisingly, I liked it enough to load the carto again. added a couple menthol drops and vaped away.

I like this Tribeca and wish it also would be available with some menthol added.
Yes, I'd buy some and give it a longer try. I'd go for a 30ML bottle without any reservations.

Thanks Halo for giving us the chance to try this, even tho I did have to spend $20 for the privilege.

j4g3rb0mb3d

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Chicago, IL
I like Tribeca a lot.

It reminds me of Dulcis from VaporTalk. It's definitely a sweet RY4-type flavor. The throat hit and vapor production is lacking compared to other Halo products, but that's fine by me. I don't need a "lung blast" every single time I inhale. I really enjoy the subdued approach that Tribeca offers. Otherwise, it's a very flavorful, yet mellow eliquid.

I'll be disappointed if I can't buy this in the near future. Great stuff.

laverty

Jan 5, 2010
tri-states, mi
Home for the weekend and opened my shipment...received the 24 mg. Tribeca! I have dedicated a new eGo tank and low res atty for this test. My plan is to refill at half-tank for the next two days. I must say that so far I have not been happy with tobacco juices thus far but Tribeca seems to be a serious all purpose contender 24 hrs. later! It satisfies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread