Reviewers are starting to Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
We all know it's coming... possibly the end of vaping as we know it. This guy is loud, in your face, too much to stand sometimes, but does lots of reviews and now he's telling it the way it is and "in yo face"...

For me personally, this is a tricky time (I'm super low budget) I can't afford to stock up, but at the same time, prices are dropping and sales everywhere (so I might stand a chance after all) And yes, this all sucks!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
He does look different without the beard.

The USA, and other countries, are seeing shortages in prescription medications. Near 90% are manufactured overseas and many in China and India. I would think that would be the greater concern, and higher priority, for the government(s). Those who need/require prescription medications significantly outnumber those who vape. Yet we don't hear of much being done about that in the news. :facepalm:

Back to vaping, we've all known about this since the deeming regs were announced on 10 May 2016. Everyone had access to the same information. There is still time to stock-up but that window is closing.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
we've all known about this since the deeming regs were announced on 10 May 2016.
They were announced (formally proposed) in April of 2014. What ended up formally adopted 25 months later didn't change a whole lot.

Unfortunately, the "industry" didn't care to admit that its days were numbered, and the reason is obvious: If they had told people that they need to become self-sufficient and taught them how, then those people wouldn't need most of the "industry" anymore and they'd have been out of business sooner than by pretending that things will just go on as they have.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
He does look different without the beard.

The USA, and other countries, are seeing shortages in prescription medications. Near 90% are manufactured overseas and many in China and India. I would think that would be the greater concern, and higher priority, for the government(s). Those who need/require prescription medications significantly outnumber those who vape. Yet we don't hear of much being done about that in the news. :facepalm:

Back to vaping, we've all known about this since the deeming regs were announced on 10 May 2016. Everyone had access to the same information. There is still time to stock-up but that window is closing.
Very true. My son had his chemo treatments delayed recently due to a worldwide shortage, and are unsure if or how much this delay will set him back. Another of his meds got delayed as well, though it is not nearly as important. There are more important things they could be pumping funds and energy into for sure.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Pfff... Vaping goes on in so many places. I live in a banned country from the get go, and there's always ways to get your stuff. I was shocked to walk into any place and buying anything I needed. Don't be afraid, life always finds a way.

In what type of stores can you find vape gear in Brazil? If I really need something vape-related and can't find it in the U.S., I may visit your country. I am sure there'll be a black market here, but I don't know if I'll be able to find it. During prohibition, there was a big black market, but there was also a general feeling among the public that a little booze was harmless and people who had a drink or two weren't terrible. But vaping, vapers and vape manufacturers have been so thoroughly demonized in the eyes of the public, there may be fewer people and authorities willing to turn a blind eye to a vape black market. This worries me!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um was he one of the reviewers who destroyed his equipment if he did not like it? I hate those.

There is LITERALLY no reason to watch RIPtripper's stuff without vaping. Not unless you are a groupie who wants to get to know him better.

In which case, RipTripper, do not kill and maim the groupies you find substandard okay because they are living, thinking beings (I know that concept is a bit foreign to you) and also if you do it on camera you will get SHUT DOWN a LOT faster than if you demonstrated VAPES..

I'm sorry losing RIP is not high on my list of vape tragedies.

RIP, RIP.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Um was he one of the reviewers who destroyed his equipment if he did not like it? I hate those.

There is LITERALLY no reason to watch RIPtripper's stuff without vaping. Not unless you are a groupie who wants to get to know him better.

In which case, RipTripper, do not kill and maim the groupies you find substandard okay because they are living, thinking beings (I know that concept is a bit foreign to you) and also if you do it on camera you will get SHUT DOWN a LOT faster than if you demonstrated VAPES..

I'm sorry losing RIP is not high on my list of vape tragedies.

RIP, RIP.

Anna

Uh, wrong reviewer.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
I feel bad about the ‘half man’ joke

I watched another video. Apparently some other health related diet thing which makes him skinny
I thought he said it was just a bet with a friend to lose weight??

it was around the same time as the dry knuckles thing...
Or maybe the fishing videos? I’m not sure, something not vape related anyway

DaveR

Jul 28, 2014
Sydney, Australia
I feel bad about the ‘half man’ joke
I watched another video. Apparently some other health related diet thing which makes him skinny
I thought he said it was just a bet with a friend to lose weight??

Your memory is correct. RIP posted a (long) utube video with a clickbait title that said something like "Is RIP dying or does he have AIDs". In the video he said he'd been dieting for the last year by cutting out all sugar and only drinking water due to a bet he made with an old college buddy who commented on how fat he was. So RIP bet a $1000 he'd back to his college weight within 12 months.

That insane video actually convinced me to go on a diet and I managed to lose 30kg (66lb) in 9 months. So I thank him for that... though I haven't watched any of his videos since and never trusted his sponsored reviews (after he falsely claimed the joyetech penguin provided great flavor and chucked clouds!).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
DUDE bets like get dudes to lose weight? Dudes are so weird.

That does not work on chicks, well, not me. I would immediately hand over the money say, "You win. If this gets done at all, it's going to happen via the methods of self-loathing statements and lots of examining the miracles of photo-shop, as if I were like the Aboriginal man in the Gods Might Be Crazy "What are these strange gazelle creatures and how did they do it? *Slurps tab."

Sorry, that is just how it IS for me. I could no more get competitive about weight loss than I could about competitive eating. It's an inside job, that horrible little gremlin inside that says, "I see a wrinkle on your .... out of the corner of your eye and YOU thought you weren't even looking."

However, good for him? I guess? I mean sure I'd rather win money to be quite honest, seems more sensible but it's not how it works.....

Anna

Reactions: Opinionated

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Wow, so I guess this is the best thread to post this. I haven't even touched my YT channel in over a year by the way - and I just got this e-mail:

upload_2019-11-21_5-27-38.png

It seems the issue was that my description had links to sites selling vape stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread