Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Well I've been searching the forums for weeks trying to find some of the most talked about and highly regarded juices. So here's my reviews of a few of them. All juices are 18mg except the gorilla juice, it's 24. Likewise the gorilla juice and bobas are 100% VG whereas everything else is a 40/60 PG/VG blend. I've tested all of them on my provari with a 1.5 ohm Cisco 306 in a DCA (which seems to increase flavor IMO) at 3.3v. As they are all high in VG I won't rate vapor production as they are all outstanding in this regard. I will rate 1(worst) to 10 (best) in the categories that matter the most to myself, taste, how strong the flavor actually is, and throat hit. I'll also add bits of info I've noticed with these juices.

Bobas bounty by AVE--

This is the first one I tried as its hard to find a bad review on it. I think the best descriptions I've found compare it to raisin bran. I can live with that. It tastes like a mildly sweet raisin bran. Now with 100% vg this one will give you wicking problems or at least it does for me. I can get one 6ml tank through without much problems but that's it. After that its either not going to wick or it's going to flood. I use slits in my cartos just FYI. I also notice when dripping if I'm getting 20 hits from 3-4 drops the first 10 are great but then the flavor dies. Might just be because it's 100% VG. The throat hit on bobas is about as good as I've found in an 18mg liquid.

Taste- 9. Who doesn't like raisin bran? This one just tastes good.
Strength-6. The first few hits after dripping are nice but then the flavor dies.
Throat hit- 8/9. Very nice for an 18 mg vg liquid.

Gorilla juice by AVE--

Think of this as a banana flavored bobas. That's about it.

Taste-9. Wonderful banana taste. Reminds me of banana laffy taffy.
Strength--8. This is actually a pretty strong banana flavor.
Throat hit-5. Much smoother than bobas so a drop in throat hit even at 24mg.

Gandalf by Heather's Heavenly Vapes

Hmmm possibly the one I wanted to like the best. My initial impression of this was it tasted like a stale cracker. Ya I know. Lol. I've kept trying it because damn it I want to like it! Maybe it just needed to steep for a while because this is one that the more I vape it, the more I'm liking it. After a full 48 hours on this it really has grown on me. It has began to have a mild swisher sweet/grassy taste. I've read it described as earthy or green. Could very well become one of my top 3.

Taste-8. It definitely gets better than my initial impression.
Strength-5. It's very mild.
Throat hit-7. Nice.

Mocha java smooth by Heather's Heavenly Vapes

Ok so mocha threw me off. I was expecting a creamy, chocolate, coffe vape. I have since been informed that mocha java is in fact just a blend of coffee beans. And thats what i taste, black coffee beans. Strange how another flavor comes to mind...burned popcorn. I used to pick the little burnt kernels out of the bottom of a bag of popcorn and eat them. And I'll be damned thats pretty much what it tastes like.

Taste-5. If you like black coffee you might try this one. Or if you fancy a burned popcorn taste lol.
Strength-9. It's strong I'll give it that. Set aside a "coffee" atomizer because it's going to take a bit to get that flavor out of it.
Throat hit- 6/7. Not bad at all.

Copper Creeks House Blend

Ok so 2011 juice of the year. Can't be bad. Wow and it's not. This may be the first one that I know what's in there! Milk, eggs, vanilla and sugar. Lol. It tastes like cookie dough. It's good. Very good. One small kink though. I'm sensitive to pg and normally a 40/60 blend vapes just fine for me but even with 40% pg this one gave me a sore throat within a matter of hours. Gonna have to get this one in 100% vg and go from there.

Taste-9 could even be a 10 for me. It's just good
Strength- 8. Pretty strong too.
Throat hit- solid 8.

Copper Creek's Coffee

Whereas mocha java gave me a nice cup of burnt popcorn this one is a smooth black coffee with a hint of sweetness. No doubt for a coffee vape this will be my go to flavor.

Taste- 8. Darn near perfect coffee flavor.
Strength-8. Not as potent as mocha java. But not burned either.
Throat hit- 8. Solid!

So after sampling these juices which will I pick? Well I rotate my flavors so I'll be sticking with at least 3 of these. Bobas, gandalf, and the house blend. Oddly enough I find myself reaching for gandalf the most. Once I get the pg/vg ratio on the house blend to where I'm not getting a sore throat it very well may take top spot. For me bobas will always have a spot in my rotation. Its a very solid and consistent favorite though it does have its faults. Copper creek really does seem to have their act together and I'll definitely be dealing with them again but I have to give a nod to HHV for an incredible gandalf as well. It's possibly the most intriguing flavor of the bunch.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Nice review. I tried the Boba's when I first picked up a pv, but didn't care for the flavor. I've been wanting to try it again (gave my bottle to a friend), but haven't picked any up. Our local shop carries it, but I just don't have time to get over there when he's open.

Ya bobas is definitely worth a shot. I like it even if my tanks don't. Lol. I wish it had a bit stronger flavor. I may switch from 100% vg to a 40/60 in it and see if that helps.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok so after trying all of these juices I have to say the one I'll be ordering the most is gandalf from HHV. I really think this may be a perfect juice for me. After a few days steeping this stuff just becomes incredible. Even at a 40/60 blend this stuff wicks wonderfully in all of my tanks so that's also a big plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread