Revisiting old hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hey everyone;

Soooooo, I've been hitting that "can't get a satisfying hit" moment a lot lately, and as such I decided to switch things up a bit on the hardware side. Been vaping the crap out of some Arctic Ice, but it just hasn't been hitting the spot in my usual Vision's. I went digging through my tackle box, junk pile, etc...and I stumbled across a Vortex 2 that I hadn't even used yet! My guess is that I ordered 2 and since the first one leaked so horridly I decided not to bother with the other one.

Anywho, I grabbed me a syringe, unloaded the Arctic from the Vision, filled the Vortex2 and BAM! Life is good again! When these things work, they do so very well. Interestingly, I've not had any leaks as of yet: I'm attributing this to the notion that since VB juice is much thicker than most stuff on the market, it holds surface tension better than the runnier stuff I was using before. Like all things vape-related, time will tell.

I'm just surprised at how far the technology has come since I started vaping...I remember when 510 cartomizers first came out and were all the rage. Nowadays, we have mega-super-huge VV fat-batts, Lava Tubes, 7ml dual-coil carto tanks, etc. I guess I find it interesting when I go back and use some of my old stuff just how much things have really improved.

Anybody else play around with old tech lately? :)

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
All of my old stuff is pretty much useless, so all I'm working with is my gv vision extremes. Right now, I'm using the giant, but I just ordered another micro stretch and some replacement innards for the stone 2 tank. I wish that they had the LR stardusts in stock, but I guess I'll just have to make a second order when they come back in.

I know what you mean, though. I have had stuff stop satisfying me, too. What really sucks is when your juice seems to lose its flavor and you don't have another flavor to refresh your tastebuds or another carto to use it in. I placed a 50 dollar VB order today so I won't get in that position again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread