Reviving 510 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciele Edward

Jul 25, 2010
Georgia
I know, I know...if the paper towel trick doesn't work, they're dead...or are they?

I tend to save my dead batteries. I have no idea why. I am not a packrat, but I just don't throw them out. So far I have tried two different batteries, one manual and one automatic, that were dead as doornails that have suddenly come back to life.

I know for a fact they were dead. I tried charging and vaping several times with no success so I threw them in the box of old batteries and forgot about it. After two months, they both work again.

So far, these are the only two I've tried. I will be going through my box today to see how many of my dead 510 batteries have suddenly come back to life. I'm really excited about this since I recently had three die in one day and my order for new batteries hasn't arrived yet. I'd be stranded otherwise.

So..save your dead batteries guys...you just never know.

Ciele Edward

Jul 25, 2010
Georgia
I have no idea why I kept them. I keep telling myself that one day I'm going to take them apart, compare them, see how they tick...etc...then I just never do it. It wasn't like a shoebox or anything. Just a small box.

The count for revived batteries is now up to three. I don't think its the charger since this is the same charger I had when the batteries originally died.

I will never throw out another dead battery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread