• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Rewicking Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverse

Feb 20, 2017
at the moment I'm using a Shanlaan laan pod starter kit. I got it a few months ago. Just ran out of juice and quite upset and worried lol I don't wanna go back to smoking

I'll also need to worry about getting new coils like you in a month or so. Wish it wasn't illegal here. Might consider mixing my own juices soon but importing the ingredients is also going to be another hell lol

Reactions: stols001

GlowingSnowman

Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Red Dot
Don't really know much about vaping so had to google your kit. Is it correct for me to say that you have to buy another pod or coil all together if you want to rewick? Seems pretty troublesome! If you have spare cash, naybe consider getting a box set with a 510 connector so you can get a RTA or RDA which is easier to rewick
Also don't know much about DIY but I think it's illegal (Not sure:?:) to import nicotine. Too lazy to make my own juice anyways :p

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m not finding any reference to how to rewick those things so you’re on your own there. I can tell you that just about any cotton is fine. I’ve used drug store cotton balls with great success. Another common thing to do is by rayon from a beauty supply store.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Using some random RDA and RTA with a dual coil setup. Don't think I've seen any rayon around. Trouble I'm having is finding organic cotton ball/ pad. Most just state that it's 100% cotton, so I'm not sure if it's safe to use ):
The organic thing is mostly marketing IMHO. Some cotton is bleached. If it worries you, you can soak it then dry it. This theoretically removes any of the bleach stuff. No matter that bleach spontaneously evaporates in room temperature air and physic says there just isn’t any to begin with. Personally I don’t bother.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
bombastinator, I think that they could mean that you have to peel the surface layer off both sides. Or they mean something else entirely, like peeling the pad into layers.

@mrmoomoo, could you clear this up for us please. Thank you.
Yeah. I got a big bag of muji, and I just cut it in strips and wicked with it for a while but recently had my horizons opened to the fluffing effect of stretching the cotton in the Scottish roll. It was in a conversation about KJD though which is a lot thinner. Splitting the stuff in half would be handy perhaps but I don’t know how one would go about it.

Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Recently got myself some Muji, after trying to use Ekowool on Ammit 25 without much luck bombastinator. But not having a great deal of luck with the Ammit 25 anyway. At least I'm getting no leaks most of the time, but flavour is almost none existent.

But I've noticed that when you peel the outer layers on a Muji pad, that there's a little separation between the layers within the pad. So it seems possible to peel them into layers.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Recently got myself some Muji, after trying to use Ekowool on Ammit 25 without much luck bombastinator. But not having a great deal of luck with the Ammit 25 anyway. At least I'm getting no leaks most of the time, but flavour is almost none existent.

But I've noticed that when you peel the outer layers on a Muji pad, that there's a little separation between the layers within the pad. So it seems possible to peel them into layers.
You can peel the burnished layers off the top, but I find that when you stretch the stuff the burnished stuff just kind of disappears anyway. The advantage of the KJD as it was explained to me, was that it was thinner, but the burnished layers were more resilient. What was done was to remove just one burnished layer, and roll the remaining burnished layer into the inside, forming sort of a juice tube. I kinda want to try it, but it’s going to be at least a year or so before I get through this bag of muji, completely ignoring the multiple bags of organic cotton balls that seem to pile up because I buy a new bag when I really need a wick and am away from the house.

Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread